Online lessons: Jamplay, Truefire or Licklibrary?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    I really love the robben ford on truefire.

Only got a couple of bits off lick library, but it made me exceptionally and totally inappropriately full of rage.

It drives me mental when someone demos something with a tempo sinked delay, then breaks it down with the same delay setting flapping all over the place out of time. WHY????

Especially when trying to get someones style down and the nuance of touch is obliterated and obscured with fx.

Texas blues alley is good for that type of aggresive blues. The teaching is good, but his concept of 'blues boxes' rather than relating it to real music theory is a bit limiting imo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Has anyone signed up for any of the paid lessons like the Tim Pierce Masterclass etc? If so what are your view on them, worth it or not?
    I did a while ago I like him as a teacher but it was bit of this and that rather than a structured course. I don’t know it takes changed since then. 
  • rose1rose1 Frets: 2
    edited June 2022
    I would suggest Jamplay for overall easiness of use and Truefire for the more advanced player who wants to try more technical stuff. Here's a Jamplay review and here's one for Truefire if you want to get more info.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 326
     I started the Justinguitar course about 18 months ago now, I find it really good along with dabbling with other stuff that interests me (for example after the Blue Shuffle lesson in the 2nd grade beginner course I delved into variations using thehappybluesman and a few others from youtube). Also tried the Fender lessons, quite good but not as good as justinguitar (and not free) good as a side dish though.
      I've gone from dabbling and doing the same thing over and over for a few years to structured practice, I've also paid for the Theory course, I usually do this when I've injured my hand (happens a lot as I'm a bike mechanic prone to cracked skin)
      Its free so def worth a go. He puts a lot of content out on youtube as well, little snippets and hints and tips which I found invaluable.
  • PALPAL Frets: 533
    This is an easy one Truefire. Check out the free lessons on youTube.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    spev11 said:
     I started the Justinguitar course about 18 months ago now, I find it really good along with dabbling with other stuff that interests me (for example after the Blue Shuffle lesson in the 2nd grade beginner course I delved into variations using thehappybluesman and a few others from youtube). Also tried the Fender lessons, quite good but not as good as justinguitar (and not free) good as a side dish though.
      I've gone from dabbling and doing the same thing over and over for a few years to structured practice, I've also paid for the Theory course, I usually do this when I've injured my hand (happens a lot as I'm a bike mechanic prone to cracked skin)
      Its free so def worth a go. He puts a lot of content out on youtube as well, little snippets and hints and tips which I found invaluable.
    I find Justin quite good too, I have bought three of the accompanying Songbooks which are really good too,