Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New TC Electronic mystery pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• Megii said:
    I wasn't impressed with the TC Electronic Dark Matter, so I hope it's an improvement on it.  It was unusual for a distortion pedal to have the clean bleed issue, maybe it's a soft clipping distortion?  I don't know, but my experience with it wasn't good.  
    :D It has found a happy home on my pedal board anyhow @bingefeller - sounding good for smooth lead tones, which is what I was after. :)
    ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A mix knob!

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16290
    Mix knob? tc food processor obviously, the one thing every hungry guitarist needs.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mix knob? tc food processor obviously, the one thing every hungry guitarist needs.
    True bypass for killer P&W tones!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'm sooooooooo BORED of teaser campaigns!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:

That's all I have in my life Drew......teaser campaigns on Instagram. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Looks like a whole new range of products.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Fuck teaser campaigns.

It shows a massive lack of imagination, IMHO.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

gets people talking though, even if it is about how much they hate teaser campaigns, its highlighted that there are new products coming.

Go compare did the same with those fucking annoying adverts with the opera singer. They were very well aware 90% hated it, but its a talking point. publicity is publicity afterall.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Drew_TNBD said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

For once.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Love the red chassis, looks nice.

Just tell us the pedals already, the only people that discuss this is 1 or 2 guitar forums, hardly the mass market

Doesn't help your shop adverts really
    sgosden said:

gets people talking though, even if it is about how much they hate teaser campaigns, its highlighted that there are new products coming.

Go compare did the same with those fucking annoying adverts with the opera singer. They were very well aware 90% hated it, but its a talking point. publicity is publicity afterall.

Tony Wilson said he'd rather someone was calling him a cunt than not talking about him at all... hmmm, not quite so sure.

Anyway - the point is, whilst I may be 'talking' about it, I won't be buying it. Because no matter how good it is, I don't care about it. Just release the product, and if its any good people will talk about it. If its a load of shit, people will talk about it even more... maybe Tony was right all along.

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Hooray for top mounted jacks, but if TC carry over the footswitch design from the Toneprint line, I won't be going near it. 

Of all the parts to include in a pedal, footswitches shouldn't be a complicated thing to do, even on loopers. I get that it's a moving part, but charging the cost of a pedal to fix one part is shitty customer service. Pedals aren't supposed to be disposable.
    People talked a lot about Gary Glitter but I don't think it did much for his record sales.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    While TC are carrying out this long, boring teaser campaign, half a dozen new pedals have been made available in shops by other manufacturers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I havent seen a USB socket yet (unless i have totally missed it!) Maybe its not a toneprint one???
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    jpttaylor said:
    Hooray for top mounted jacks, but if TC carry over the footswitch design from the Toneprint line, I won't be going near it. 

Of all the parts to include in a pedal, footswitches shouldn't be a complicated thing to do, even on loopers. I get that it's a moving part, but charging the cost of a pedal to fix one part is shitty customer service. Pedals aren't supposed to be disposable.
    Agree. I expect foot switches to fail, but I also expect them to be fixable, especially on a single effect stompbox. My Empress Tremolo switch failed, the said I could send pedal in or repair myself with a part they provided. Which I did. Very cool.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30858
    Sassafras said:
    While TC are carrying out this long, boring teaser campaign, half a dozen new pedals have been made available in shops by other manufacturers.
    I've changed me rig 14 times in this period alone. They missed out.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thing is... it'll still sound like a poxy TC, so who the hell cares?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Megii said:
    I wasn't impressed with the TC Electronic Dark Matter, so I hope it's an improvement on it.  It was unusual for a distortion pedal to have the clean bleed issue, maybe it's a soft clipping distortion?  I don't know, but my experience with it wasn't good.  
    :D It has found a happy home on my pedal board anyhow @bingefeller - sounding good for smooth lead tones, which is what I was after. :)
    It's how I use it too.
    @bingefella it's only a (dark) matter of time before you come back to the dark (matter) side..
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.