Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27986
    Astronoid - Spotify threw this up, and it's magnificent. I think it'd be best described as happy metalgaze (a term I hope I just made up). I don't even mind the widdly bits. It's like a Sigur Ros / Cloudkicker collaboration. This is the best thing I've heard since The Algorithm. It's the sort of thing that makes me think it might be worth learning to play guitar better.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Bad Plus - Heart of Glass.  The outro in 7/4 is sublime.  

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Vintage  rock night last night: Mott the Hoople's Mott, UFO's Strangers in the Night and Black Sabbath's Born Again.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Dirty Americans.
    The song "You're A Witch" has a chorus that you can just imagine yourself singing along to at the gig. 
    "You're a witch, you're a liar and the flames are burning higher, don't you talk to me that way!" 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited August 2016
    New Order Substance and early Joy Division.  I don't know what went wrong as a hair metaller.  But I've been falling asleep on the veranda half cut after 8 or 9 pints and walking home through the woods in the dark and streaming this stuff on You Tube.  It's goes against the grain of my upbringing completely but it's perfect and succinct.

Also strikes me that Ian Curtiss was basically a Lancastrian Jim Morrison and I love deep voices.

Total geniuses the lot of them.  I hated them when I was 15.  When I'm obliterated they help me make sense of the world and help me sleep a lot.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2016
    Few new singles...

"this house is not for sale" - Bon Jovi. Meh! Just as dull as the last few albums but a moderate improvement. Sadly will never get back to the self titled/Slippery/Jersey days

Green Day are back with "Bang Bang" from their upcoming Revolution Radio album. A step in the right direction and a return to form after the triple album swing and a miss. Hopefully the rest will be good and we may have American Idiot #2 

Sum41 been away a while but they have a new album on the horizon, 13 Voices and the lead track Fake My Own Death I am enjoying!!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3875
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Iron Maiden.
    One massive playlist that spans all 17 albums.

Sheer Class.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Iron Maiden.
    One massive playlist that spans all 17 albums.

Sheer Class.
    I want to see this. I have many questions... 
    Do you shuffle?
    Do you create it in chronological order from the first album through to Book of Souls?
    Do you play it in chronological order?
    Favourite album?

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited August 2016
    There is some ace pop music about at the moment.  I really like Calvin Harris's This is what you came for and Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling, there is a load others too but this year seems to have culminated in so much good stuff and loads of other stuff having a retro Happy House feel about it.  I really like almost everything from this Spring and Summer.  I should probably listen to the radio but I don't want to spoil it and stay away from the TV and all.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sporky said:
    Astronoid - Spotify threw this up, and it's magnificent. I think it'd be best described as happy metalgaze (a term I hope I just made up). I don't even mind the widdly bits. It's like a Sigur Ros / Cloudkicker collaboration. This is the best thing I've heard since The Algorithm. It's the sort of thing that makes me think it might be worth learning to play guitar better.

@Sporky ; I like this a lot!  I'm getting a vibe of Ride, Doves, that sort of thing from the vocals, and yes I get the Sigur Ros reference there too.  I've not heard anything like this before.  Enjoying it and hope it bears repeated listens.

• SporkySporky Frets: 27986
    It's ace, isn't it? I don't know of anything else quite like it - Mew are probably closest for the vocals and occasional rawk, but they're spikier and less chugga-chugga.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I'm liking The Cult at the moment. I finally bought Love and Electric at the weekend... definitely prefer Electric, but I can see both these CDs getting a fair bit of airtime over the next few weeks. :)
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I'm playing Bob Dylan's 90s come back albums. I'd kind of ignored them at the time but I'm enjoying them now. Perhaps not quite as good as the classic early stuff but still excellent. 'Time Out of Mind', 'Love and Theft' & 'Modern Times'.
    I found this by accident. I'd never heard them before but I think this is a great version of a classic track.

And @gassage might like this...

• GassageGassage Frets: 30865
    camf said:
    And @gassage might like this...

I do like it. I wish they'd have taken a metronome though...

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Tough crowd... :)