Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1190
    edited August 2016
    I know I've probably posted this before, but I so love-love-love this clip. As well as a fabulous performance from the genius himself, he has the most chilled band in the cosmos... and a drummer who is totally cheesin' on the groove.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited August 2016
    Listened to the new Catfish and the Bottlemen album on the way to work today and it's very very disappointing. It just doesn't have the excitement or hooks of the first album which I really liked despite it not being my usual cup of tea. I heard them saying on the radio that they feel like they've matured and honed their songwriting or something, but imo it's just boring. 1, maybe 2, good catchy songs compared to the first album being full of them.

Also I've really been enjoying Wolf Alice recently. Moaning Lisa Smile is such a good song.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    I've been checking out a few of the Alligator Records compilations and playlists on Apple Music yesterday and today. They're brilliant. I can't stream the 45th Anniversary one though so it looks like my next CD purchase...

Check them out, superb Blues. :)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    My favourite song of all time, and a quite brilliant version.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    andyp said:
    I'm liking The Cult at the moment. I finally bought Love and Electric at the weekend... definitely prefer Electric, but I can see both these CDs getting a fair bit of airtime over the next few weeks. :)
    @andyp ; @

The latest Cult record Hidden City is as strong as anything they've done in years. Bought it last month and I love it.

I also finally got a CD copy of Sonic Temple to replace the cassette copy that chewed many, many years ago. Still a great sounding record.

Whatever anyone says, Billy Duffy is a great, great player, every bit as good a player in the service of a song IMO as his mate Johnny Marr.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 735
    Can't stop listening to this song, perfect pop song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwYaFkHe-5U&list=RDDwYaFkHe-5U
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    @Skarloey ;

Cheers, I'll check that out. :)
  • warheadwarhead Frets: 97

not just today, but the last month
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    warhead said:

It's weird, I've really enjoyed Schenker's playing for decades but I don't reckon I've heard the McAuley albums more than once or twice at most.  I really should give them a chance because I can't really remember them -- they just left me with a feeling of incredible blandness.  I'll try them again!

• warheadwarhead Frets: 97
    Grunfeld said:
    warhead said:

It's weird, I've really enjoyed Schenker's playing for decades but I don't reckon I've heard the McAuley albums more than once or twice at most.  I really should give them a chance because I can't really remember them -- they just left me with a feeling of incredible blandness.  I'll try them again!

Maybe it depends on when have you been listening to these albums......I needed to grow out of my teen age to start appreciating it. Some music is just like that...maybe there is an overload of other music at the time, or you compare it to older works.........some things just click at a later time.
    McAuley albums are definitely worth another chance. His voice is incredible and the vocal patterns are really well worked out.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited August 2016
    the basement tapes, Dusty springfield complete A and b Sides, Eccentric Soul: The Capsoul label. and Fred neill
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Oblivians - Desperation. Reigning Sound - Love and Curses, Time Bomb Highschool. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Beyoncé in the barber's for the last 30 minutes (might be less,  seems longer).  Getting on my tits now. Is that body flick thing she does all the time supposed to be sexy?  My barber is cheap and thorough but slow and terrible taste in music.  :/
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Beyoncé in the barber's for the last 30 minutes (might be less,  seems longer).  Getting on my tits now. Is that body flick thing she does all the time supposed to be sexy?  My barber is cheap and thorough but slow and terrible taste in music.  :/
    Might be worth paying a bit extra to get out quicker? 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I finally got round to giving Billy Gibbons's solo album a listen. The eclectic mix of ZZ Top's fuzz-drenched blues rock sounds all over some traditional Cuban music stylings actually works a lot better than the first single or two led me to believe. The album tracks are a bit better than the singles I feel. 

:) 

That and the new Airbourne song "Rivalry", holy crap that riff sounds familiar though. Audioslave's "Cochise" anyone? ;) 

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Saw these guys live on Thursday - stunning and funky stuff

Stop crying, start buying