Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Crowded House's first 3 albums end to end.

@Gassage mentioned them recently and I decided to revisit them as I was (still am) a big fan.

Jeez. Those songs, especially off of the first and third albums, Crowded House and Woodface respectively have some fine songwriting on them but the second album is great too, just a little darker.

They were brilliant live as well and I saw them on numerous occasions and they never failed to deliver.

Neil Finn is up there with the great songwriters!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ultravox - Vienna.  I forgot what a great album this is, I listened to it a lot when if first came out and then it kind of got lost for like, 35 years.....

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    The majestic, simple genius of...

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited August 2016
    Recently, Slayer's Repentless has been played a lot.
    Last night I found a new band, "Methodica", fucking brilliant, I can see their album getting a lot of play time.
    And, on the less heavy, blusier side, Miss Joanne Shaw Taylor. Planet Rock played her last (and now new) single quite a lot, and I've got a couple of albums. Very good player, and a really good singering voice.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Been listen to the first couple of Straits albums non stop for last two weeks. Amazing craft both with guitar and lyrics.

just love this...

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Oh, and a bit of this....

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2014
    The new Pineapple Thief album, Your Wilderness. Very good. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Zoolooter said:
    Been listen to the first couple of Straits albums non stop for last two weeks. Amazing craft both with guitar and lyrics.

just love this...

Funnily enough I've watched this recently:

Easy to forget what a fully-formed talent Knopfler was in the early days. And I agree about the lyrics - almost a British Springsteen in terms of the way he romaticised the places he lived and grew up in.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    Kebabkid said:

Neil Finn is up there with the great songwriters!
    I really like the 'Finn' album as well.  Neil Finn is a really superb song writer and singer.  

I'll revisit the Crowded House albums as well.  They are great. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Marcin Wasilewski Trio reworking Diamonds and Pearls 

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Currently being blown away by looping skills of Dub Fx

• SporkySporky Frets: 27580
    The glorious output of the magnificent Dubstep Gun in Saints Row 4.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Today i have been listening to Diamonds, the best of DIO. I have also been giving the band RATT a Listen.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Smooth Radio :)...Don't ask, I just like it sometimes 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Yesterday, was browsing in a secondhand store, came across a copy of Thornley (yes, Ian Thornley, that guy from that band Big Wreck that we all rave about on this forum :P) and was going to put it on in the car this morning and then I forgot to pick it up and take it with me - so slightly annoyed at myself for that one! I'm sure it'll be good. I didn't realise that it was released through Roadrunner, just interesting to me given the sound of Big Wreck how his "solo" album then ends up on a predominantly metal label! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Just noticed that the Prophets of Rage EP was out on Apple Music. Saved it to my phone for listening at work and I've already listened to it twice back to back... really like it!

• Been listening to Katatonia's latest.  Some really great tracks on it, absolutely love the tone of the vocalist's singing voice. For fans of Opeth etc.

I'm going to have to find my copy of The Great Cold Distance... if anyone is interested that's probably the album of theirs I'd go for first, heavier than the latest.  

• SporkySporky Frets: 27580
    Today a lot of Lantlos. Heavy but no mention of blood or dragons and you can make out the words.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."