Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Betty Davis- I think she was married to Miles davis, Really filthy Funk.
     The Arcs - Bloke from the Black keys Side project. Some great playing on this guys from the Daptones etc
    Dr John- Locked Down, Produced by dan Auerbach. Really cool sounds textures and playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Alterbridge's latest offering - suitably raucous !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • rashrash Frets: 38
    Getting this soon....but just so you know,  this isn't their debut - that was called Soul Insight

Thanks! just ordered it on amazon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been listening to Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Californication all day, Frusciante is so good.
    Yes. Klinghoffer is not the same. Bring back Frusciante! 

I can't bring myself to listen to new RHCP, is it bad? Big shoes to fill for any new guitarist.
  • Jonathan Kreisberg....  I love his tone. 

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I saw Federal Charm mentioned in Total Guitar this month, checked them out yesterday and have to say, I really like them. My mates I suggested them to weren't convinced, but I really enjoyed listening to the two albums on Apple Music. I'd definitely recommend them.

Also Revolution Radio, I've been on a hiatus from Green Day for the last few years but they are one of the bands that sparked my interest in music as a whole when Dookie hit the shelves back when I was about 14 or 15. Still really like them, but the later stuff just isn't the same. The new CD is decent though, worth a listen for sure.

Also keep falling back to Left Lane Cruiser. What a fun band! They've got a new kind of re-release / re-master / covers thingy of an album out called Beck in Black, it's superb.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The new album by the incredible Obscure Sphinx. Neurosis meets Triptykon meets a little bit of Dead Can Dance.
  • Blink 182 - California

Pretty good pop punk album, sing along choruses and high energy drumming
  • Pink Floyd - Live at The Empire Pool first, now on Animals. The advantage of working from home...
  • Had another go at the Joe Bonamassa Muddy Wolf thing. Better than I thought from what I'd previously seen but it does my head in - it is very, very good guitar playing but without any feel for what he is covering compounded by his reedy vocals. I think if you want to hear someone with amazing chops ( technical term) then you'll enjoy it; if you want to hear a tribute to Muddy Waters and Howling Wolf look elsewhere.
    That's kind of the problem I have with JB full stop. Lots of skill/chops/virtuosity...but I'd rather listen to someone with more soul personally - I've tried, but he's just not my thing. 
  • Jalapeno said:
    Alterbridge's latest offering - suitably raucous !
    Absolutely. One of my favourite bands. The Best Buy bonus track "Breathe" is also really cool, search it out on YouTube. It was actually recorded for the first album, it has that same vibe. Very raw, emotive, and powerful as well as heavy guitars. @Jalapeno ;

MagicPigDetective said: Octahedron said: MagicPigDetective said: Been listening to Blood Sugar Sex Magic and Californication all day, Frusciante is so good.
    Yes. Klinghoffer is not the same. Bring back Frusciante! 
    I can't bring myself to listen to new RHCP, is it bad? Big shoes to fill for any new guitarist. "I'm With You" was better than the current album. Much better. But for all intents and purposes, compared to Frusciante-era RHCP it's abysmal. 

andyp said:
    Also Revolution Radio, I've been on a hiatus from Green Day for the last few years but they are one of the bands that sparked my interest in music as a whole when Dookie hit the shelves back when I was about 14 or 15. Still really like them, but the later stuff just isn't the same. The new CD is decent though, worth a listen for sure.

Completely agree @andyp - Revolution Radio is a quality album, listened through it a couple of times now and I love it. :) 

guitarfishbay said: Blink 182 - California

Pretty good pop punk album, sing along choruses and high energy drumming Isn't it?! It's definitely better than its predecessor "Neighborhoods" which I found to be rather uninspiring @guitarfishbay ;

:)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • The other evening I watched Wayne's world on Netflix, well I say watched, more a case of on in the background. Anyway part way through the film there was an Ugly kid joe track which I'd not heard for perhaps 20+ years since school. There and then went to amazon market place and ordered America's Least Wanted for £2. I used to own it on tape. 

Playing it now, what a brilliant album. Great fun.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    So far

EC - Sessions for Mr Johnson
    Gary Moore - Blues for Greeny
    Wally - Valley Gardens
    Wally - Wally
    Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Currently

Pink Floyd - DSOTM

Later

Joni MItchell - Court & Spark
    Roy Harper - Stormcock

Then going home...........
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    All of the Mighty Diamonds "Right Time" but this has had quite a few plays....
    "Have Mercy"
    Superb!

• The new Sum 41 album "13 Voices" is absolutely brilliant. 

You certainly couldn't dismiss them as a dull pop-punk band. They've brought back an original guitarist, and they've got a more metal approach again and it's really worked out for them. There's some "woah... shit" guitar moments in the album. Stand out songs so far are, well, all of them. Very impressed and satisfied with this album! :D 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Will have to check that out. I really liked Screaming Bloody Murder. 
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Great tone, effortless.

• LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited October 2016
    The Cult - Hidden City

Latest album from one of my favourite rock bands, purchased earlier today from Fopp.
    Embarrassingly I only found out they had a new album yesterday, (it was released in February).
    First listen sounds good, if a little predictable. There's some cool guitar licks. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Moby, "Long Ambients"

Because I have been filling in a job application and I want my chakras aligned with intergalactic whales.

It only took three hours so I'm still an hour in credit...