What volume pedal

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    The Boss 500H went for a higher price than I wanted. Do other volume pedals (other than the 500H) work fine with electro/acoustics and electrics?
    Any 500K pedal should, definitely including the Boss FV50H which is the smaller plastic one…

siraxeman said:
    Of the 2 Boss ones I'd get the plastic one...cos its lighter (lots!) and its stronger! Really!! The little hinge joints on the metal one break easily.....i still have my broken one. Someone that could weld it could easily fix it tho. The plastic one has no such flimsy joint. You'll never break the mechanism on the plastic one and as its lighter and otherwise the same pedal why get the metal one? Opposite way to how you might naturally think I know! 
    It's not quite the same pedal - the pot and mechanism is different, and it has the slight disadvantage of not moving the pot quite to the extreme top-end of the range like the metal one does - but otherwise I agree that it's as good for a smaller, cheaper and lighter pedal. I've never seen a broken metal one, but I don't doubt it could happen… seen quite a few broken old wah pedals with that fault.

My old EV-5 - essentially the same pedal as the FV50 but with a captive stereo cable rather than jacks - is still going strong, and it's over 20 years old now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks guys - very helpful. SO I'm looking for a 500K one then. Anyone had experience with the Electro Harmonix one?
  • So I've been thinking that I'm actually only really going to use a volume pedal with my electric - want it for volume swells etc. So I guess that opens me up to lots of different possibilities? Still planning on having it at the beginning of my chain
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    A friend of mine is selling a near mint boxed FV500H.

PM me if you're interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• What about the morley pro series volume? Anyone had experience with them?
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    'What Volume Pedal' - jeez, sounds like a bigger bore than 'Guitar Techniques'... won't be subscribing to that then methinks then...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • The new Lehle Volume pedal is the best I've ever had by far, and I've been using many, many various models over the last 40 years.  I cannot fault it both for sound and build quality......... as with all Lehle products I've tried. 
    I'm always careful to have as few connections/boxes between guitar and amp as possible, but a foot-volume is very crucial in my setup, so well worth the investment for me.
    Maybe go try a few out at your local store, and give them the business?
  • +1 for the Lehle
  • + 2.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    The number of passive volume pedals that don't suck tone is, unfortunately, zero.

I haven't tried the Lehle but everything else they do is awesome.
    Goodrich do one that is pretty good.