SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS Luxury Chess Set - exceptional Christmas present

notanonnotanon Frets: 607
edited December 2020 in Misc £
Hi All,

Given the recent recent interest in the Queen's Gambit series I thought I would resurrect this excellent offer. 

After downsizing our property many moons ago I have chess a set that is no longer used, I have two luxury sets. Images attached are of the large triple weighted chess set. The closest you will get at the moment is

http://shop.chess.co.uk/Championship-Staunton-Ebony-Chessmen-p/cb00833.htm

I paid £500 back in 2001. Same wood as advertised above, ebony and boxwood. I think they have farmed out to China now, that is a cheap price. Mine comes with a mahogany box. Link above shows recommended chess board squares at 55mm. That is too cramped I will throw in a 60mm sqaures board for £180+Postage. This is a stunning chess set and feels superb - top of the range before you start to pay for the Staunton label. It is quite heavy all combined.

I also have a luxury chess table slightly smaller squares, but a stand alone Italian made table that is absolutely stunning. That cost £450 years ago and like I said stunning. I have bought good quality wooden chess set that looks neat on there. If anybody is interested I could dig out and post images but I can't let that go for less than £300 complete with chess set. I don't actually want to sell them but you can't hang chess sets on the wall and we no longer have room for constant display. The picture that is not 'orange' shows the best colour - the 'orange' is some lighting artefact.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah105/UKGuitarPlayer/Misc/DSCN0986Scaled_zpspsi9ptcy.jpg

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah105/UKGuitarPlayer/Misc/DSCN0987_zpswgnwftty.jpg

The set is in South Wales near Swansea.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    It is indeed stunning; however, it's out of my price range unfortunately so GLWTS. I love chess it's just finding people who are happy to sit down and play it. Best game ever invented if you ask me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    WRT game - agreed. Both are stunning boards and I bought as a treat but it ain't no treat when not on show. they are a pleasure to play as well, you ain't going to know a pawn over with your sleeve :-) 
    The italian board/table with drawers is simply stunning would sit very well in Blenheim Palace! Not triple weighted pieced but board is awesome.
    Queen's Gambit bump
    More sold to @danishbacon who I hope enjoys! As he said, very nice Chess set.

Pleasure meeting you!

• Likewise, thanks Wayne :)