Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    sweepy said:
    Terribly dull episode only enhanced by Tara's rather well filled top ;) 
    Agreed, very slow. I'm rapidly losing interest in this series.  And I've always thought it was Terra....stupid Muricans and their lousy pronunciation. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I quite enjoyed the episode, and had actually wondered what had happened to her. Loved the sand zombies.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • It wasn't a bad watch, but it did not bring anything to the whole story. We could do endless series with a little side-stories with each characters.
    Since the whole Neegan thing started I thought it'll be interesting the see Rick's transformation, how the group will struggle to adapt... just a little disappointed with the series so far. Pace is so slow.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    It wasn't a bad watch, but it did not bring anything to the whole story. We could do endless series with a little side-stories with each characters.
    Since the whole Neegan thing started I thought it'll be interesting the see Rick's transformation, how the group will struggle to adapt... just a little disappointed with the series so far. Pace is so slow.
    I think that's precisely the problem - shock & awe opening episode, then a load of plot/landscape enhancement - definitely gone off the boil a bit.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    nah its still awesome. 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    edited November 2016
    maybe the other settlements have a place in the Alexandria v Saviours storyline ?

We know one of them at least has a fucktonne of guns 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    As the whole episode was around the narrative of survival over humanity (yes I did study drama at school) and that Tera's 'sweet' character and 'swearing not to tell' (and associated crossing of pinkies), she may well grow a pair of Carol Balls. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexandria turns on Ocean Side to get the guns. There will be some casualties, and they'll take the stronger characters with them like in the hospital.  Likewise, a community based on outward aggression alone will collapse one way or another.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Parker said:
    As the whole episode was around the narrative of survival over humanity (yes I did study drama at school) and that Tera's 'sweet' character and 'swearing not to tell' (and associated crossing of pinkies), she may well grow a pair of Carol Balls. I wouldn't be surprised if Alexandria turns on Ocean Side to get the guns. There will be some casualties, and they'll take the stronger characters with them like in the hospital.  Likewise, a community based on outward aggression alone will collapse one way or another.

Absolutely - I did get the message of that episode  ;-) and we will most definitely see those ladies again, but stretching that story to a whole episode was a bit of a waste.  Tara, as a character, also seem to be bit less interesting than some others and the important bits (well stocked armoury, saviours revenge seeking settlement) could be included as extra scenes in a mix with main storyline. 
    I still love the show, that's why I'm picking on it so much ;-) Whole week of waiting and meh..
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I guess the real question around this series is how many other people looked up Easy Street, played it ironically, got it stuck in their heads and then wanted to throw themselves under a bus....?  No? 
  • I haven't watched this season but from everything I've read (about the show, not the comics - i'm up to Glenn+Lucille in those) suggests there will be an uprising of all the other settlements vs Negan. 

But if the current pacing is anything to go by that won't be before next season. 

I am watching Westworld instead.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

• I am watching Westworld instead.
    I'm watching Westworld as well and it is definitely a better thought and made show. Budget wise it shouldn't be a surprise either. Just quality TV. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    Parker said:
    I guess the real question around this series is how many other people looked up Easy Street, played it ironically, got it stuck in their heads and then wanted to throw themselves under a bus....?  No? 
    Ross Noble had it playing during the interval when we saw him in Southampton, last night. 
  • I quite liked it, even as sedate as it mostly was.

Having not read the graphic novels I'm the dark as to where it's headed, but I can't see the current communities having much of a chance against Negan, even together. Guess I'll have to wait and see...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RobDavies said:
    Parker said:
    Ross Noble had it playing during the interval when we saw him in Southampton, last night. 
    Did he have it played over and over and over and...?

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    I'm surprised they didnt ask Tara to hand over the stolen coconuts.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm surprised they didnt ask Tara to hand over the stolen coconuts.
    Lol. I noticed those two too. Impressive.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well another slow episode but obviously setting something up for the mid season break. I enjoyed this more than the last few. I'm actually getting to like Negan a bit more as a character 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Much better episode this week. Several strands all obviously heading to a finale for some, and peril for others, but which one for whom?

Given the many opportunities that have been had, I am surprised that Negan is still alive. Charismatic psycho for sure, but no way near careful enough in my estimation.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Anyone see Josh Homme on Talking  Dead? What's happened to his teeth? Looks like he's got one missing at the front. 

@littlegreenman ;I can't figure out why nobody has killed Negan yet either. Karl had plenty of chances in the tonight's episode, likewise the ginger guy with the burnt face. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Michonne will do it obviously .....

Reckon next week will be a load of cliffhangers and nothing resolved.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback