Guitar Shop Riffs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Another one that's in the Champions League of Riffs.

Ratt - Round and Round.

It just oozes Spandex.

;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Just casually drop in the Tuck Andress version of the "I Wish" riff - that will shut them up

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    How could I forget Queensryche's Eyes of a Stranger and I don't believe in Love.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vizviz Frets: 10643
    Satch boogie solo is the easiest bit of the song - i'll learn it to ya next time you're round for more fencing.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • If you're feeling brave, there is an excellent Trivium riff that took me fucking ages to master, and I now can't play it because I stopped practising it.  Here is a dude who pretty much nails it. 

If that doesn't make the staff turn around, nothing will!

I really like the opening riff from waking the demon by BFMV, too.  Not my favourite song, but it's a killer riff, and it sounds a lot harder than it is to play. Interestingly, can't find a decent video on a cursory search of someone playing it.

@bucket, that symphony x song is absolutely killer! The picking is amazingly clean.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    edited December 2013
    I really want to learn this, would be a head turner for sure.

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited December 2013
    Things that I pull out in guitar shops when trying a guitar out tend to be....

Tenacious D - The Metal.
    RATM - Bombtrack...(bass riff intro and the guitar riffs that follow it)
    Muse - Hysteria 
    Van Halen - Panama, Unchained, Hot For Teacher 
    Joe Walsh - Lifes Been Good and Funk #49
    noodling/riffing anything using phrygian dominant sounds different to turn heads I've found! :)
  • Deadman said:
    cruxiform said:
    Deadman said:
    Under the bridge - Red hot chili peppers

Search and destroy - Stooges

New Rose - The Damned

When you're young - The Jam

Roxanne - The Police

usuals for me.
    Nice selection. The riff from Dead Kennedy's Too Drunk To Fuck also sounds cool.
    I dig Dead Kennedys. Never tried to play any of their stuff but will now.
    Me too. Good call.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Thanks chaps.

It's likely I'm going to trade the Ibby for a PRS so I might be on here next week asking for your favourite JoBo riff* and brand of amalgam.

* not bloody likely
    Thanks chaps.

It's likely I'm going to trade the Ibby for a PRS so I might be on here next week asking for your favourite JoBo riff* and brand of amalgam.

* not bloody likely
    You disappoint me. I thought an Ibby was just right for you. Maybe change for an Explorer...........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    It's a very good guitar, but it was only ever going to be a short term deal. 

If they did one with a twin post trem it would be close to a perfect guitar for me as it really can do it all, but as it stands I don't really need the advantages a Floyd brings and thus can't really be doing with the additional headaches it creates (I fully accept this is because I'm stupid not because Floyds are intrinsically flawed)
    It's a very good guitar, but it was only ever going to be a short term deal. 

If they did one with a twin post trem it would be close to a perfect guitar for me as it really can do it all, but as it stands I don't really need the advantages a Floyd brings and thus can't really be doing with the additional headaches it creates (I fully accept this is because I'm stupid not because Floyds are intrinsically flawed)

I think the Andy Timmons model has a non-locking trem.

And don't think of it as stupid, just not aware of how easy Floyds are once you're used to them.