Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Charvel thread

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
edited December 2013 in Guitar

As before, but with Charvel's. Here's the sexy Sammie...

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    edited December 2013
    Nice :D That blue one is really nice, I'm slightly kicking myself I wasn't a bit quicker.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Dave_Mc said:
    Nice :D That blue one is really nice, I'm slightly kicking myself I wasn't a bit quicker.

Yeah, Sammie's sweet as. For me a gorgeous tones, and a beautiful colour. Although, I kinda like the red too........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    edited December 2013
    Oh go on then, I'll play.

Here's my Jap Pro Mod Wild Card no.6. Changed the neck pup for a cool rails since.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    That's a nice looking dreamsicle no 6..........I like all the wildcards. I just snagged this off Moose on here (just joined after our meet).
    Super condition. First Cahrvel i set hands and I'm impressed with the quality. Don't think I've ever touched a bad MIJ guitar. 
    Cheers  Baz
  • shobetshobet Frets: 180
    A model 5a and a model 6 from way back when.

Yeah I know, it's pink...
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
    @shobet ; the pink one, very 80's. Nice.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    No Surfcasters?
    mike_l said:
    Yeah, Sammie's sweet as. For me a gorgeous tones, and a beautiful colour. Although, I kinda like the red too........
    Yeah I like them both :)) The white was really nice too.

Those wildcards are really nice too, but for me there was always one little thing which wasn't quite right- e.g. the dreamsicle I'd have liked a floyd on, and the ghost flames one I'd have liked a neck pickup (and probably not EMGs... though the 85 in the bridge is admittedly pretty sweet and they get marks for not going with the usual 81). The ghost flame paintjob is badass, though, and at one point i was pretty close to getting it anyway :))

This is getting really anal (and I realise it's vintage accurate) but I don't really like the routing shape for single coils on charvels.

That pink one is badass @shobet
  • the best thing about the wildcard 6 is the hardtail, i have one and it's a great guitar

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    the best thing about the wildcard 6 is the hardtail, i have one and it's a great guitar
    Agree 100%. Well that and the thick ebony board. Both combine to give it a great acoustic tone that translates plugged in. Being largely a non trem player (don't mind a few warbles on a Strat but that's it), Floyd's have always put me off otherwise tasty Superstrats so this is great for me.
  • Did any one see the Jake E Lee signature Guitarguitar have for pre-order? Shame about the price...

• Sad to see just one star. But these are some awesome superstrats!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    edited December 2013
    My Model 4 from about '86.
    Replaced the original trem with a Schaller as I find the original JT6 a bit fiddly to fine tune.

Rob, I does like your Model 4. A lot.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    the best thing about the wildcard 6 is the hardtail, i have one and it's a great guitar
    Yeah I suppose if you don't like floyds then a hardtail is a good thing. I like hardtails too... just an HS superstrat would be awesome with a floyd option.
    Sad to see just one star. But these are some awesome superstrats!
    IIRC Merchant City Music was blowing them out for ~£600 several years ago. At that point I hadn't tried them and chickened out. Luckily I came across another new old stock one for £700 recently and couldn't resist. :D
    RobDavies said:
    My Model 4 from about '86.
    Replaced the original trem with a Schaller as I find the original JT6 a bit fiddly to fine tune.

Nice :D
  • Here's mine, a jeff becktastic Spectrum

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/flanging_fred/Music/my guitars/Charvel_Spectrum_Web.jpg

And the first guitar I purchased, a 1989 375 deluxe. I need to get the floyd looked at as it has started going out of tune (after 20+ years). Such a solid working guitar though.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/flanging_fred/Music/my guitars/Charvel_375_Deluxe_Web.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Flanging_Fred try a little nut sauce or Vaseline on the trem posts. Keeps things moving smoothly

Wildcard 6 Dreamsicle with a Lil' Screamin Demon in the neck, killer guitar for the bunce

• Wows for those Dreamsicles