Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Empty 2017 Category on Gibson.com

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10893
Could this mean they will be announcing the new range soon?  Apols if posted already.

http://i.imgur.com/ixsxZXX.png
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Or may be they're struggling to come up with any more variations.... May be they'll go back to 'really' narrow/thin necks, nibs that are taller than the frets, the realisation than pancake bodies were better, and that weight-relief is for wusses....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    Next year's models are almost always revealed around September. Last year might have been an exception due to having way too much inventory in the channel (they did the "sprint run" if you recall) - but would be normal to see the 2017s soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ah, that ill-advised JD Bradfield signature Les Paul Custom artic winter location photo shoot...

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hopefully 60s necks on everything. Then I'll buy something for 50p when the 2018 guitars come out.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JoBo is on tour at present, he'll be back to release an entire websites worth of signature models soon. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    It might be because Gibson don't know if there will be a company in 2017 ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Double cut-away like PRS but not like the SG. Betcha.. ;)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I want to see more cool Flying Vs and Explorers.

I suspect we'll see more dog-ugly binding-less cheap Les Pauls and £12k Joe Massiveboner VOS signature models.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    DC Junior ffs........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    It's an ironic artistic statement to show that the 'model year' crap is just a cynical marketing ploy, and that from next year they're simply going to go back to making a standard range of guitars.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26746
    If they do a Blacktop-finish LP trad I'd be keen. Or the aforementioned DC Jr...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Or may be they're struggling to come up with any more variations.... May be they'll go back to 'really' narrow/thin necks, nibs that are taller than the frets, the realisation than pancake bodies were better, and that weight-relief is for wusses....
    Variations ... hmmm ... change the name of the G-Force tuners, musical chairs with the pickup combinations, introduce the 'Savannah' and 'Tundra' bursts (similar to the desert bursts), new custom bindings, and the limited 'bleacher' board wood specials....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1737

Guy's it's white font on a white background

It reads as follows

"Gibson are proud to announce that there will be no 2017 models of our fabulous instruments. We've had a meeting with the bank and even after advertising our 2015 instruments for a dollar a piece on amazon we still have a warehouse full of these things and as such cannot build anything until they're all gone"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 223
    dindude said:
    DC Junior ffs........

Definitely yes ....
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    Guys, this is new technology for 2017. All 2017 Gibsons will be issued with special glasses, in order to see them. It's an anti-theft thing. Unless the audience are wearing them too, it'll look like air guitar.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited August 2016
    A factory traditional spec Junior is well overdue in TV Yellow, white & cherry

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    Gibson have put up their 2017 acoustic models

Nothing too crazy aside from a J-45 with Robot Tuners and an adjustable titanium bridge. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Gibson have put up their 2017 acoustic models

Nothing too crazy aside from a J-45 with Robot Tuners and an adjustable titanium bridge. 

And a "Joe Bonamassa" logo.  :(
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    and electrics are up.  some interesting stuff. 

Les Paul M - multi scale / fanned fret. available in 6, 7 and 8 string (!!!), HP style heel
    Les Paul Natural - Standard specs but with an oil finish and $1200 price tag
    Some Custom Classic, Custom Lite models
    The Gibson Respond - Strandberg style new model.  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26746
    Anyone got a link?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom