What guitar colour are you most drawn to?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
For some reason, I seem to get a bit excitable when I see transparent finish purple guitars. I have never owned a purple guitar but I am strangely drawn to them.
Number to would be some sort of transparent red burst going very dark on the edge. Never owned that either.
Perfect examples:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Lake placid blue on fenders, goldtops on gibsons. I have neither, but I feel this will all be corrected throughout 2014 somehow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    White. But I've only ever had 1 white guitar....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7472
    edited January 2014
    Light blue/turquoise fender, trans purple on other stuff.

And white.

I'm going to build a purple and blue guitar this year :)

I won't burst to purple though, just straight with a faded black underneath. I might fade the purple, too.
  • JackobeanJackobean Frets: 667
    Most of the Fender custom colours - burgundy mist is always nice.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    I don't have one colour I'm drawn to - but I tend to avoid Sunburst
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ROOGROOG Frets: 554

Solid body - White

Hollow/Semi Hollow body - Vintage sunburst

A couple of days ago I found my self trying to choose between a P-Bass and a jazz bass, one in white the other red, I preferred the white "colour", still haven't decided which bass to go for though. 

Although I do have a burgundy jazz box and that looks nice :0)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    edited January 2014
    Black.

I do have other coloured guitars, and I like many other colours too, but black is the only colour I can think of that suits all guitar designs and you can use in any band. And generally it looks either the best or a close second on any guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• I'm not sure what I'm attracted to but I really hate green guitars!
  • Pink.  My first electric was a pink paisley Strat and I took a lot of stick for it so it's just kind of stuck as a 'fuck 'em' signature with me.  Deep reds are a close second as our band's colours are black and dark red.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610
    edited January 2014
    Purple or blue burst quilts are what suck me in everytime. Either of those & my wallet seems to empty rapidly

Strangely enough not a lover of flame tops, has to be quilt

Cheers
    Baz
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    edited January 2014
    A nice aged/yellowed Lake Placid Blue, Ocean Turquoise, or Sherwood Green for me. Pelham's pretty lovely too.

That said, I also love most guitars in Black if it's applied nicely and doesn't look too plasticky (sp?!). :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    rockmonster;120684" said:
    I'm not sure what I'm attracted to but I really hate green guitars!

Y'see, I'm not a green fan either, but I love the look of Candy Apple Green. No idea what I'd put the colour on, but it's lovely.

Not a red fan, but like Dakota Red. Pelham Blue. White Blonde. Black.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • I don't like overly quilty type finishes. I can really appreciate the workmanship but there reaches a point where, to me, they just look like a tacky piece of furniture.

Having said that, I have a bizarre soft spot for sparkle/flake finishes. I've never owned a guitar with one, but there is something quite joyful about them and if I ever see one for the right price I'll pounce.

Normally though, i'll just buy whatever guitar I like the best/is cheapest, which has resulted in me currently owning two black guitars, one blizzard pearl (soft metallic grey like every car on the road), one sunburst and a candy apple red bass. It's like I'm not even trying...

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    There isn't a single good guitar that doesn't look brilliant in black, or aged-looking cherry.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Natural
    Sunburst
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2014

Robin's Egg Blue

Lol. Rockmonster. That Candy green Pro Mod body you sold me is now one of my main staples with correct serial neck plate and neck and Dimarzio's.  Lovely guitar, but I agree, it is a shit colour.

Daphne blue is not bad either, also faded, tobacco stained, nitro polar white gone cream., that burgundy colour the Charvel model series came in during the 80's and tobacco sunburst for some reason.  IN fact anything that reminds me of smoking.

Green is just one of those colours you get for Christmas and everyone says you look good in but can never bring yourself to wear.  It's just too fresh and earnest.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Hmmm... not sure.. I like most colours, really... 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I really like glitter silver, too.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    There isn't a single good guitar that doesn't look brilliant in black, or aged-looking cherry.
    Cherry doesn't look good on Fenders, even if aged.

There was a Jaguar I saw recently in it - just looked wrong, like it was trying to be a Gibson.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    ICBM said:
    Cherry doesn't look good on Fenders, even if aged.

There was a Jaguar I saw recently in it - just looked wrong, like it was trying to be a Gibson.
    Yeah, but black always does. And there's Candy Apple Red, which is basically sparkly cherry :p
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires