The home built and partscaster appreciation thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    Bucket said:
    impmann said:
    The Jeleguar I built that now resides with Jef (stonevibe)...

Oh man, I LOVE that.
    So do I.....AND there's a Sunbeam Stiletto in the background...don't get much better than that! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Andyjr1515;121158" said:
    Bucket said:

impmann said:

Oh man, I LOVE that.

So do I.....AND there's a Sunbeam Stiletto in the background...don't get much better than that! 

Vinyl roofs tho, hmmm, much sucking of teeth. Mk I Cortina man myself. The fast 'uns.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benvallbenvall Frets: 79
    @TTony the red telly is amazing.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    benvall said:
    @TTony the red telly is amazing.
    Thanks @benvall.  It took a while to get it as I wanted it, but that's what good Wudtone looks like!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff379/benmurray85/A6E6D491-1C2D-4742-8079-00F80C041E20-17039-000013F89BA19F43.jpg

Fender body, gfs fatboy bridge pup, Seymour Duncan quarter pounder neck pup. Unknown make maple neck. Spends about 250 all in all and couldn't be happier.
    How very rock and roll
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Andyjr1515;121158" said:
    Bucket said:

impmann said:

Oh man, I LOVE that.

Thanks guys. I wish I still owned it. Jef, can you give me first refusal if you ever tire of it, mate.

Sadly I don't have a Stiletto these days but I still have plenty of Imps kicking around!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    edited January 2014
    There's another 3 - will have to hunt for the pics, though... Ta Daa..!
    There's been other stuff, over the years, that I've tinkered with to greater or lesser degrees, but enough's enough, I reckon. These are the main ones, I suppose.. Still got 1, 4 and 5. The others went. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Mmmmnnnn ........ lots of lovely stuff here!

Here's my main two. 'Mojo' my Partscaster strat put together from various sources, and 'Angel', my self build Frankentele (neck customised by luthier though).

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    edited January 2014
    You have some much better pics of Angel.

It looks good there.  In some of the others, it's stunning!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314

Esquire above .Unknown body, bought from someone on the MR forum. No idea what wood it is, but it's very light and resonant. Fender bridge, old Tokai pick up of some sort. Neck and other bits from Axesrus.

Strat below. Ash body and plastics from Axesrus. The neck isn't a Fender despite the headstock decal, I think it's a generic far eastern effort. Wilkinson locking tuners and trem, Tonerider Classic Blues pickups.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @usedtobe - I've had that finish on a few of mine, but stupidly have wiped the blood off :) Looks great

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Some awesome builds here each great in their own way would be happy to own any of them.

My attempt below Swamp Ash body 50'sV one piece 1/4 sawn maple neck, Wudtone,(still not sure its TBird aged top coat but I like it) hardware Wilkinson (good enough) Home brew mixed A5/A3 magnet. I burnished the neck and all edges with ultra fine wire wool and micro fibre clothes and tshirts as I saw them doing at the custom shop for a good played in feel without killing the finish. In the end Iam probably like most people doing partscasters doubt I would go back to the Factory built stuff, you just get a more personal guitar.

Plenty more in the works for 2014 

regards Jez
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    edited January 2014
    JookyChap said:
    @usedtobe - I've had that finish on a few of mine, but stupidly have wiped the blood off :) Looks great

I did actually gash my wrist open with a Stanley, while working on this guitar, and there was/still is some of my blood on it, which was the inspiration for the , er, paint job.. And here's the wrist:

To this day, I cannot believe I was so ******* stupid, and as it turned out, (in a way) lucky! Lesson learned!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Jez6345789;121332" said:
    Some awesome builds here each great in their own way would be happy to own any of them.

My attempt below Swamp Ash body 50'sV one piece 1/4 sawn maple neck, Wudtone,(still not sure its TBird aged top coat but I like it) hardware Wilkinson (good enough) Home brew mixed A5/A3 magnet. I burnished the neck and all edges with ultra fine wire wool and micro fibre clothes and tshirts as I saw them doing at the custom shop for a good played in feel without killing the finish. In the end Iam probably like most people doing partscasters doubt I would go back to the Factory built stuff, you just get a more personal guitar.

regards Jez
    That's really nice, have a Wow.

• @Jez6345789, that body looks more like the Surfer Girl finish, but it could be T-bird applied a little thinner and with some silver highlights.  

I'm hoping to start some tbird as soon as my body arrives and I've mauled it with a hand held black and decker drill, so it'll be an interestin comparison.  It's a turquoisey colour, very nice, but as you mix it with white, no two guitars will look the same really.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Jez6345789;121332" said:

regards Jez
    Jez, that is stunning. Nice work

Fender Highway one neck, fully scalloped with locking tuners. 

Fender usa body that had a nitro finish and scratched to hell. I striped it then blow torched it and added a few coats of black stain and rubbed it back until i was happy with it.

Axerus humbucker in the bridge. Dummy pickup in the middle and a Dimarzio HS-3 in the neck.

Aged scratch plate and knobs. still have a mexican roadworn brideg to replace when i have time to strip it down again!
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/10388D81-EC48-4356-840D-247AC9937CA7-8392-000004D23D3F6A92_zps1b4cd1fc.jpg Top one is relic Squier CV 50's with anodized 'guard (actual playing wear on the 'guard) Middle is Squier CV 50's body, CV 60's neck, mint plastic parts, CV '50's pick-ups and custom wiring loom. Bottom is my old Squier Standard. It's now in pieces again but it's been my main "tinkering" guitar for over ten years. Probably putting it back to its standard spec soon with 70's style pick-ups so I'll have a 50's, 60's and 70's strats. I am thinking of getting a VM 70's Squier in Black though...
  • EdGrip said:
    My Tele Mustang thing. I love it. It's got a lovely-looking string-wound strat neck pickup waiting to go in, thanks to @TheGuitarWeasel

Wow. More pics of this please!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here are the three I put together in 2013. All based on MJT bodies. Soon to be appearing on a calendar near you! The full build thread is below. Got another one in the offing for this year!

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom