How much to charge?

What's Hot
musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
Ok , my daughter did a gig just before Xmas . It is just her and a guitar . We provided all the gear (PA ,etc). She did two 40 min sets .. It is a pub where she is actually a waitress, they did not know she was also a singer. She was waiting table and they had a singer in , and the other waitresses persuaded him to sing with my daughter. The Landlady was impressed and booked her .

As usual with my daughter nothing was agreed. However, the pub is part of a group and she had to be "registered" as a performer. They have registered her (she can now sing at any of the group pubs) , and have asked for an invoice. I was thinking of £75 to £80 . (The pub is walking distance from us) ...

What do you think???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Go for a oner and negociate down, Rates around here tend to range between £80 and £150 for Solos. The fact you can walk to the gig irrelevant
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Aye £150 - £200, that what my mate who goes out as a singer+backing tracks charges.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Brilliant , thks guys this really helps.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24169
    Round here it's about £150 for solo / duo and £200 for a full band!
  • We had to invoice via and events company , impressed withon 10 minutes they responded accepted the invoice and confirmed payment date. We went for £100 , perhaps we should have asked for more! Though she is happy ...just waiting for her advance from a publishing company ..
  • We had to invoice via and events company , impressed withon 10 minutes they responded accepted the invoice and confirmed payment date. We went for £100 , perhaps we should have asked for more! Though she is happy ...just waiting for her advance from a publishing company ..
    Result!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Even better . Now she is Registered with the events company we are getting "Gig Alerts" . These give the venue , thendate ,that act being looked for and the amount they will pay !
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    You go for as much as you think you can get away with. As previously noted, one can always negotiate down. Local muso forums will advise you, so find one and get on it. But it's about the mindset too. If 'we' get offered a gig and the pay's crap, but there's nothing else much doing, we'll take it and consider it a 'paid practice'. Job's a good 'un. Probably nowt on the telly anyway, and it's always good for folk seeing ya (or ya offspring).

Often comes at peculiar times too, had one in '12 when the pizza delivery dude was delivering, and noticed the half stack in the porch. Asked if I was in a band, I confirmed, said he was let down for his 50th and was looking, what did we play and were we free? We were. How much? I put forth £500 as a punt. He agreed. Gave the bloke a load of tracks to choose from, he chose 'em. We turned up, were fed, watered, paid BEFORE we went on, played, all delighted, packed up, home for 10pm. Nice.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow Pizza boys are getting older and getting paid more !   Nice story though....
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    jd0272 said:
    , packed up, home for 10pm.
    Some party!! Sure it wasn't his 90th?