Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• bigjon said:
    mrkb said:
    I'm surprised this isn't full by now. Is it because the Mancs and Lancs won't travel across t'border? The war of the roses ended years ago guys!
    The Leicester one was right next to the M1 and close by an easily accessible train station - the convenience of getting there from where I live (Cambs) was a definite factor in persuading me to sign up, even though in the end I made use of the TTony luxury executive travel chauffeur service ;-)
    Sasquatch is literally 2 minutes from the M62 via one road which is always kept clear even in heavy snow. That was a big part of the reason for choosing it. Trains are also regular and come from both sides of the country. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just tagging some of the guys I know are in the north and NW who might have missed this and would fancy attending a Fretboard Jam:
      @RedRabbit 
    @Basher ;
    @chrisj1602 ;
    @menamestom ;
    @richardhomer ;
    @edenfield99 ;
    @ellangus ;
    @DanR ;
    @jonnyburgo ;

If at all possible, I'll be there (better start practicing....)
  • If there are still spaces I'm happy to apply for the relevant visas for crossing the Lancashire/Yorkshire border and attend this.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ChrisMusic ...get your car on the road and get up here! I owe you coffee! 

• Another reason to come... Cheapest pints in the country! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41183028

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    £3.31 average in Yorkshire? Don't think I've ever paid over three quid for a beer in the Halifax area :-)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Just a little too far for me this time, ..I'll keep an eye on it, any spaces at the death I might jump in.sounds like a great place though. !.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • @koss59 @Panama_Jack666 Any interest from Harrogate?
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    £3.31 average in Yorkshire? Don't think I've ever paid over three quid for a beer in the Halifax area :-)
    Unfortunately us folk in York are definitely bringing up the average pint price :-(
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Kudos to @Legionreturns, @Bridgehouse, @Alnico for organising this.  Whilst it would be fun to meet up with some fellow 'boarders, it's not quite ticking the boxes for me this time.  I'm going to hold out for one in't proper north, and preferably not in the depths of winter. (I'm sure I'll not be missed, hehe!)
    There's been talk of a Scottish jam, but I think this one will be closer to you given that Scotland invariably means either Edinburgh or Glasgow. I'm not convinced there will be one of this scale in the Costa del Byker unless we organise it ourselves bud! 
    As it happens Edinburgh is the same travelling time as Huddersfield from me, and when you get there you're in Edinburgh!

Looks like these jams are going to be a semi-regular thing.  If Newcastle can attract enough people, this place would be a good venue.  Worth bearing in mind when the dust settles on this one. 

Having said all that, if there's a last minute space on this one I'll be tempted closer to the time...
  • I'll have a word with @koss59 would be good to get together for beers and jams!
    tFB Trader
    BigMonka said:
    Unfortunately us folk in York are definitely bringing up the average pint price :-(
    Ah yeah. Forgot about the posh York folk. Them and the Harrogate lot. 
  • £3.31 average in Yorkshire? Don't think I've ever paid over three quid for a beer in the Halifax area :-)
    Yes, that might be true...but you're in Halifax. Every silver lining has its cloud ;) 

tFB Trader
    Yes, that might be true...but you're in Halifax. Every silver lining has its cloud ;) 
    I'm in Queensbury, a village perched on top of a hill overlooking Halifax and Bradford. Far above the smog and plebs. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @shaunm ...here is the information you need! Just say yes and we're all good! ;)

• @shaunm ...here is the information you need! Just say yes and we're all good! ;)
    Can you vouch for him? I don't just let anyone in y'know ;)
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    Count me in. I will happily join in if you guys don't mind some shoddy playing and out of tune bends.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunm said:
    Count me in. I will happily join in if you guys don't mind some shoddy playing and out of tune bends.
    Awesome stuff! If you turn your amp up nice and loud, nobody will hear my shoddy playing and out of tune bends! ;) 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    edited September 2017
    Put me on the list please
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'll post the list today at some point.
    Sorry, it's been a difficult few days.