Anyone got a SIMBA mattress?

What's Hot

Comments

• We ordered a silent night matress from John Lewis at the weekend.  Have paid for them to deliver and install, as we got a frame as well.  The delivery guys can deal with the stairs, I don't fancy it for £25 or whatever it was.

I did not like the Simba matress having tried it a few times at JL.  Also not a big fan of the Tempur type ones.  But we did get 2 Tempur comfort pillows - they're amazing.  Expensive but have been worth it I'd say, super comfortable.

Basically we're both 6 foot and 'not light', so preferred a firmer mattress.  I could totally see a smaller/lighter couple preferring a softer bed than us.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    My Eve super king mattress arrived yesterday. I bought it thinking it'd be easier to get up the bloody stairs on my own as it comes in a box and being foam must be fairly light...Wrong!
    The box is heavy and unwieldy and the handles tear cos of the weight.
    Got to get my thinking cap on...
    Can you not 'slide' the box up the stairs on it's side, and push from the bottom?

To me. To you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    ^That's exactly what I plan to do. Have to move a few things to have the room to get it to the foot of the stairs (I swear the box is almost 4ft wide), but it should be doable.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    I'm shocked that the delivery drivers didn't deliver it upstairs! 

• Basically we're both 6 foot and 'not light', so preferred a firmer mattress.  I could totally see a smaller/lighter couple preferring a softer bed than us.
    Me and the Mrs are both skinny and I struggle with firmer mattresses, preferring softer ones for comfort. I always thought a firm mattress was best for a bad back but a lot depends how far your weight makes you sink into it. 

We had a water bed for a while but we started to drift apart so went back to a normal one. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited September 2017
    My back is fine, just my BMI is the wrong side of 30 currently.  I'm hoping when I rectify that I won't want a new bed, but that'll teach me for putting on weight...

I've never really liked our current mattress, which is pretty soft, but we didn't buy it so can't really complain about that.  Really looking forward to getting the new one
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    I'm shocked that the delivery drivers didn't deliver it upstairs! 
    They say it's to keep costs down - mattresses are shipped by regular couriers. Mine came by UPS.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Kirstie Allsopp tells everyone that Vi-Spring make  the best beds.

I do the same.

• Simba is the most advanced mattress in the world, a unique combination of 2500 conical pocket springs and responsive memory foam.

Wow, what a fab claim! I simply must buy one of these! 

Wait... You're genuine right? I really don't want to be duped by a shill!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this the guy who's just won the Mercury Music Prize?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    had a Tempur for 14 years ......it is as good as the day it arrived and supremely comfortable but memory foam takes 2 weeks to get used to
    I have a lipoma tumour (not dangerous) on the side of my spine and tend to sleep on my back so I am very conscious of the mattress . The pillows are good too.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27580

If you're going to be duped by anyone it should be a shill.

You don't want an amateur duping, do you?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

If you're going to be duped by anyone it should be a shill.

You don't want an amateur duping, do you?

Amateur dupings are my favourite. 

"I love this product, it's a keeper! Anyway, so I'm thinking of selling it..." Etc
  • We got our new mattress and bed frame delivered yesterday.

So nice going from a double to a king size...

It's quite firm so far.  We knew it was firm when we ordered it, that's what we liked after trying loads of different mattresses in multiple shops, plus our last mattress was on the soft side, so it feels like quite a change.  Guess we'll have to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes!

https://www.johnlewis.com/silentnight-sleep-genius-1400-pocket-memory-mattress-firm-king-size/p3234034#tabinfo-returns

To be honest my favourite thing we got was the Tempur Comfort pillows... great decision on those, just so comfy.  They are expensive but given the amount of time you spend sleeping it's actually a bargain to be comfortable
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    I do not know Simba, but you can try Casper or purple mattress. Many online sites give the reasonable price for this bed, and they are available in many sizes( small, medium and large) You can choose according to your requirement.
    Glad you joined this morning to tell us that, and I hope your boss appreciates it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Are they called Simba because they are good for lion on?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We got our new mattress and bed frame delivered yesterday.

So nice going from a double to a king size...

It's quite firm so far.  We knew it was firm when we ordered it, that's what we liked after trying loads of different mattresses in multiple shops, plus our last mattress was on the soft side, so it feels like quite a change.  Guess we'll have to try it for a few weeks and see how it goes!

https://www.johnlewis.com/silentnight-sleep-genius-1400-pocket-memory-mattress-firm-king-size/p3234034#tabinfo-returns

To be honest my favourite thing we got was the Tempur Comfort pillows... great decision on those, just so comfy.  They are expensive but given the amount of time you spend sleeping it's actually a bargain to be comfortable
    Update - bed breaking in nicely. Happy with the choice
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    there's a Sambostar mattress in the doorway to now empty Pondworld in Aldershot currently if anyone's interested...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    a-wimmaway-a-wimmaway oooh oooh ooooooh ahh oooh oooh ooooooh
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    I do like Premier Inn beds - Hypnos matresses.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom