Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

It Might Get Loud '2'

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/284/DannyP">DannyP</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><p>When I first read this thread I was surprised there was no Brian May. He's an elder statesman and a good communicator after all.</p><p>Then I realised that we all know he uses his Red Spesh, Rangemaster & AC30 and have heard him say everything there is to say about them a few times over anyway!</p><p>Likewise Tom Morello, in a way.</p><p>Jonny Marr would be a good one as he has used lots of gear in his time.</p><p>As for a youngster, Jake Bugg might be a good one.</p><p>My personal wish would be to have Anna Calvi in there.</p></div> </blockquote> Jake Bugg's a great suggestion. Not a fan myself, but the contrast of experience and age vs youthful approach would be interesting<br>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/597/Islandape">Islandape</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/291/RocknRollDave">RocknRollDave</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">Another vote for <span style="font-weight: bold;">Neil Young</span> here - if he doesn't have a "different" approach to your average guitar hero, then nobody does!<br><br>You'd have to contrast him with someone of a more traditional ilk...I vote <span style="font-weight: bold;">Mark Knopfler</span> - for his clean, measured playing, plus I am sure he has some great guitar stories to share.<br><br>Third choice I am struggling with....<span style="font-weight: bold;">Andy Summers</span>? Different enough from the other two, plus I did like the bits in IMGL where they tried to teach each other their songs..Would love to see Neil Young having a go at Message In A Bottle on his old beaten up black LP with fuzz all over the place and the Bigsby going up and down like a oil field pump.<br><br><br>EDIT: Actually, now I think of it, I think Neil Young could do an effin <span style="font-style: italic;">epic</span> version of Message In A Bottle...<br></div> </blockquote> So really you need the third to be a very technical player to contrast with "raw" and "feel".  Satriani or Vai are the best known - but I'm not sure how well known outside of guitar circles.? </div> </blockquote> I'd go for Vai out of those two. I am about as far away from a Steve Vai fan as you can get, in terms of his playing, but he would certainly make for a charismatic counter to the other two. I don't like his playing or style but I'd happily listen to him talk about what he does, as he is something of a character. <br>
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7178
    <div><br></div><div>Imagine these...</div><div><br></div>Joe Bonamasive<div><br></div><div>Steve Vai</div><div><br></div><div>John Mayer</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div> :P
    <b>Free Giveaway Draw - </b><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://guitarbomb.com/2024/05/14/free-giveaway-dans-guitar-store-precision-picks/"><b>Dan's Guitar Store Precision Picks</b></a>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    <BLOCKQUOTE class=Quote> <DIV class=QuoteAuthor><A href="/profile/79/stonevibe">stonevibe</A> said:</DIV> <DIV class=QuoteText> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV>Imagine these...</DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV>Joe Bonamasive <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV>Steve Vai</DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV>John Mayer</DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV> <DIV><BR></DIV>:P </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>the room would be on fire with the doors locked yes?
    <p><span>Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The <a href="http://facebook.com/edconwayandtheunlawfulmen" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">FaceBook</a> and</span><span> The <a href="http://soundcloud.com/edconwayandtheunlawfulmen" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">SoundCloud</a></span></p> <p> 'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details</p>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    I like your thinking.<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I was thinking some sort of airborne psychedelic in to the room myself. Though not sure it would touch Vai.</div>
    <b>Free Giveaway Draw - </b><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://guitarbomb.com/2024/05/14/free-giveaway-dans-guitar-store-precision-picks/"><b>Dan's Guitar Store Precision Picks</b></a>
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    <span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: medium;">Neil Young</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal;"> is a miserable so-and-so and highly litigious to boot and would not take part... But if it was about railways and model trains he'd be straight in there... as would Pete Waterman...</span>
    <div><Vintage BOSS Upgrades></div><div>__________________________________</div><div>http://boss-pedals.jimdo.com</div>;
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17698
    tFB Trader
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/2288/57Deluxe">57Deluxe</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: medium;">Neil Young</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal;"> is a miserable so-and-so and highly litigious to boot and would not take part... But if it was about railways and model trains he'd be straight in there... as would Pete Waterman...</span></div> </blockquote> They could do "It might get steamy" and have Rod Stewart as well.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3929
    There are a lot of old rockers on this forum.
  • <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/54/Deadman">Deadman</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText">There are a lot of old rockers on this forum.</div> </blockquote> On a guitar forum? I am shocked.
    <br>
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3929
    ;)
  • Freddy King<br>Stevie Ray Vaughan<br>Jimmy Hendrix<br>..............<br>Page<br>Gilmour<br><br>
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/2288/57Deluxe">57Deluxe</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><span style="font-weight: bold; font-size: medium;">Neil Young</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; font-weight: normal;"> is a miserable so-and-so and highly litigious to boot and would not take part... </span></div></blockquote>I don't know a lot about NY, apart from the grumpy bit. Litigious? 
    <div><blockquote class="Quote" style="padding-top: 1ex; padding-right: 16px; padding-bottom: 1ex; padding-left: 16px; margin-top: 1em; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.046875); border-left-width: 4px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0976562); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "><div class="QuoteAuthor" style="margin-bottom: 10px; "> so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.<br></div><div class="QuoteText"><div><br></div></div></blockquote></div>
  • I liked the moment when page started whole lotta love and edge moved round to get a better view But for number 2 bb king story teller Slash modern legend J macis (oddball)
    I love Mascis, but he takes about four years to complete a sentence.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Hmmm...let's keep it British... James Dean Bradfield Mark Knopfler Ritchie Blackmore
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Joe Walsh<div>Guthrie Govan</div><div>Dave Gilmour</div><div><br></div><div>Joe, for the stories</div><div>Guthrie for his accent</div><div>Dave, coz he's God.</div>
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 366
    edited February 2014
    I like the contemporary British guitar wave so:  <div>Guthrie for the dirty-shreddy stuff and a bit of fusion </div><div>Matt Scoffield for the modern bllues stuff </div><div>Aynsley Lister for the Clapton-like blues-rock stuff </div><div> Or </div><div>Guthrie </div><div>Eric Johnson</div><div> Warren Haynes  </div><div><br></div><div>Although I respect the old cats (EVH, Clapton, Gilmour ect) <span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;">and find them  relevant, </span><span style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif; line-height: 1.7em;">I think we need to move on and see what some other players do. Not that my last too are young laddies but I think they are underrated and deserve some more exposure in an event like that.</span></div>
    <div><br></div><div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.guitarseshworks.co.uk/">https://www.guitarseshworks.co.uk/</a>; <br></div>
  • Vernon Reid,<div>Malmsteen (Id buy 3 copies just to see him "relax" in a room lol)</div><div>Dick Dale</div>
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3644
    <div>All British:</div><div><br></div>Jimmy Page<div><br></div><div>Mick Jones</div><div><br></div><div>Ritchie Blackmore</div>
  • Tommy Emmanuel, BB King and Orianthi.<br>