Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What guitar(s) are you currently favouring and why?

What's Hot

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841

This ^^. Cos it plays and sounds great. Looks better in real life, too..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    There is currently only 1. classic vibe custom tele. However think I may look at another Strat tomorrow as previous one has now been sold. The blacktop version seems ridiculously versatile in sounds.

Some great looking guitars here
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited February 2014

the twins......

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    My Strat, first, last and always. It does 90% of what I want, and if I turn to a different guitar it's to lend a particular detail on those rare occasions the Strat doesn't quite deliver.

I hate to sound smug and I'm forever thinking about getting just one more guitar, but as things currently are the Strat's a happy fit.
    edited February 2014
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    The one just out of shot.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."

I find the Wolfgang is still my most playable Guitar of my 2. I love my VSOP,but like an idiot, I went for a different neck profile thinking the Wolgang's neck was a bit too thin and that I needed more Wood to Fill My Hand" (Oooooer Missus).

I have a Boat Neck profile(same as a 59 L.P) on the VSOP and it's good for a lot of things, but playing Funk and "Skank" style is a lot more effort when it comes to getting ones hand wrapped around the neck for muting etc. Turns out the Wolfgang neck was ideal in the first place, oh well, we live and learn.

The VSOP is far more beautiful tonewise, it has the H.B Split option and All 3 on option, plus neck and Bridge on option. The Wolfgang has a decent range of tones though as it has a Coil Split option. The Wolf is easier for the highest fret access, it's a bit of a struggle at the upper Bmin Pent on the VSOP. 

I would say the Wolfgang would end up being my workhorse Gigging Guitar and the VSOP for the odd song and back up.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I'm getting boring cos I keep saying this, but my Angel tele that I built last year is so utterly perfect that I don't play any of my other guitars any more. I really don't! Even my brilliant strat. I'm building another now to see if lightning can strike twice.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I've only got 4 electrics, all out of their cases and accessible, all very different so all get use. But this is home for me, CS Custom Deluxe Strat, the others are really for variety so that I can fall in love with this all over again, and again.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My PRS SE 245.  It's still pretty new to me but I bought it because I love my singlecut (again an SE) but fancied the shorter scale length and thicker body.  The neck is just as nice as the singlecut (wide/fat) and it's a bit "slinkier" to play.  The bridge pickup is bit "meh" but TheGuitarWeasel should be sending me something that'll sort it out.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    I'm very much favouring my telecaster at the moment and have been for the past 2 years .
    I think it's because I played nothing else apart from my les Paul for the previous 16 years and I'm still excited by the whole new range of sounds, and styles of music that I can play with it.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    stonevibe;169150" said:
    tbm said:

I've a guitar hanger in our living room and whatever guitar is hanging on that is the one I'm playing the most. Currently it's my SG Classic in Ebony Stain. Lovely neck. A great guitar to write songs on. Spongy!

There is a Hello Kitty pink Strat hanging in my living room...
    Whats your opinion of the hello kitty strat?
    Tbh, i've been dying to get one for ages.

Small neck and frets. But other than that a nice cheap guitar. I got mine new for a £100 and I reckon for that money it was worth it.

I put Sperzels, a JB in the bridge and new CTS pot on mine.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Jaguars and Jazzmasters over here. 

I can go on forever about what I like, ultimately its the sound both models have and I love the looks of them

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • At the minute I'm using a 1980 Ibanez Blazer SSS for cleaner stuff with easy bends etc. And a recently aqcuired '91 LP studio deluxe for the rawk. I have overwhelming GAS for a Jazzmaster (TVL sig on pre-order but not coming any time soon) @stonevibe your house must be like a cool alternative Hard Rock Cafe
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    This is taking all my time at the moment, mainly as it is a fretless and I haven't got a f$%^&g clue how to set it up properly. However I had a few moments with @vibetronic's Vigier earlier and realised that I have the action too low, and a few tweaks and it is seriously cool.

Next job is to learn how to play something on it..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1tiuZIEz1lk/UujHjfQmXXI/AAAAAAAAGz8/NKOgnTevQpI/s1600/IMG_5242.JPG

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Gretsch 6128 57, I've just re-strung it, and it is lurverly. And cause me rep's been nicked by our bassist, me Esquire needs a refret and is essentially unplayable, and I simply can't be arsed with me LP Reissue (no idea why). And one of our bassist's basses, a lovely Precision. And me two partsa's are still parts.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • My '59 Relic Esquire. Love it. Best guitar I've ever owned.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    My GJ2 Green Meanie. Man I love that guitar! I'm not a floyd player, nor do I normally like maple boards, nor do I like slime green.....but it just made me smile from day one and still does today!
    I pretty much exclusively play 80's riffs on it though....
  • Jaden Rose Series 2 - it really is the only guitar I've ever had that just stays out of my way and lets me get on with playing. I've heard lots of people say "I like a guitar that fights back"...fuck that for a game of soldiers. I just know that this guitar lets me play what I want without making me work for it...
    <space for hire>