Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Kebabkid said:
    Hi Jules,

not a Facebooker but I'll PM you during the week with my details and a grander SE Gearfest sounds like a plan!
    @Fez @Dindude @Bucket @Flanging_Fred
    Cheers

Don't want to bump this unnecessarily but you can count me into SEGF for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Kebabkid;8879" said:
    Hi Jules,

not a Facebooker but I'll PM you during the week with my details and a grander SE Gearfest sounds like a plan!

@Fez @Dindude @Bucket @Flanging_Fred

Cheers
    Pm'd you Jules @McToot
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Well, it's one of those 'hilarious' blues names...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Kent. Quite near to Brands Hatch.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To continue scraping a living at it...

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Gibson LP Studio. But it's killing my neck...

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Free: All Right Now.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
    TTony said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My other hobby is fireworks, and I've worked as a pyrotechnician.  We affectionately call each other pyro's.

United States.  In the northeast part of the country.

Right now, to learn to play both of my instruments better, and to enjoy the doing of it!  When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a rock star, but time, maturity, and sanity changed my mind.  Now, it's just for the sheer enjoyment of it!

Might as well ask which of the lot is my favorite child...  But, I guess I'd have to say my MIA Fender Strat.  I'm equally enamored of my new Schecter Omen bass, though.

I have not recorded anything.

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

• 1/ Dickinstein - It came from someones desperate atempt to give me a cool nickname that wasn't "Dicko"

2/ Im from the wirral in cheshire (was merseyside), Due to being in the RAF i have lived in Wiltshire, Oxford and now Lincoln.

3/ My musical ambition , to finally get back to playing live (its been 2 years since gigging). Would love to build some more guitars though .

4/ Best bit of gear? Well my favorite is my White Mexi mongral Fender strat.
    5/ My favourite piece of music - Maybe Scar Tissue RHCP

Xbox One Tag :- LunaticSalmon

Steam Tag :- Dickinstein

Origin Tag :- ATDickinson428

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Evilmags was a nickname given for putting oven cleaner in a very nasty man's pile cream.

From Scotland just left London for Madrid.

To be able to improvise fluently over anything.

Currently Zombie Woof...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    Oh have I got to do this thing about nicknames and stuff?
    All right.
    Fez comes from when I was an apprentice and one of the training instructors who was a bit of a wag decided I looked like a ferret and the abbreviated form stuck even to this day.

Originally from Stockport Gtr Manchester now in Crawley W.Sussex

Musical ambition, I would like to play a decent sized festival and just keep gigging.

Best bit of gear - one of my strats

Best piece of music - can I have an album, it would be "Still Life" by Van der graaf Generator if it has to be one song (not a track, tracks are what trains run on) Tattoo'd Lady by Rory Gallagher

Don't touch that dial.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shadyshady Frets: 252

My name is Adrian, which obviously and quite happily gets shortened to Ade or Ady.  It's a nickname that sprouted from some genius in my local boozer.  I wear glasses and one sunny day walked into the pub with my prescription shades still on, and one comic mastermind said, "Heh...look - it's Shady Ady!".  It's stuck with me for the last 20 years.

Born in Hammersmith, raised in the suburbs of Gloucester since the age of 4.

Nowt really.  I play at home most of the time, so I guess to play with other like minded idiots and get better at it.  Bit like my sex life then I s'pose... 

Beard trimmer.  Other than that the Ibanez acoustic is hung on the wall and always ready to be picked up.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track.

Ahh...err...as an anthem of my youngmanhood, probably Alive by Pearl Jam.

• slateslate Frets: 89
    edited August 2013
    Q1. Slate is a nickname i've had since secondary school, and is a misspelling of my surname. Q2. I'm in Wisbech \,,/ Q3. To continue writing, recording and performing original music. Q4. The "Brown Bomber" - heavily modified 2003 Gibson SG Special. Q5. "Surfin' Bird" by The Ramones . Their version of this is the perfect rock'n'roll song IMHO
  • Hey, just joined up after coming over from the old place (had the same username there)

I had a cat called Freddie when I was a kid :-)

Lahndahn! But I'm an immigrant here (from up North)

Get to be great blues/jazz rock improviser. In the meantime, I'll be happy with simply working out WTF is going on with this weird six string thing and cranking out some AC/DC

THD Flexi Fifty

Impossible to answer but if you hold a gun to my head I'll go with a childhood favourite of AC/DC, Girls Got Rhythm.

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • jmasterjmaster Frets: 19
    Q1: My first nice guitar was a jazzmaster, and I'm bad with names

Q2: Cambridgeshire, in the middle of nowhere, but soon to be London on the 6th of september!

Q3: I'd like to be able to make a living playing and teaching music, I don't want to be a rockstar, I don't want to be rich or famous, I just want to spend my life doing the thing I love doing

Q4: I don't have anything that fancy, but I love my USA standard strat

Q5: That's a tricky one.. but probably Time by Pink Floyd
    "have a good time, all the time" Spinal Tap
  • RaveRave Frets: 268

Q1: Where did your username come from?

I got really creative with my name and replaced the 'D' with an 'R'

North Wales

I think my musical ambitions departed long ago

Two bits I could not be without- my trusty old Levinson Blade RH4 and my Gibson Firebird VII

When Doves Cry- Prince.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 397
    edited August 2013
    Hello - I'm benecol. I used to mainly prowl the Classifieds of MR, and do most of my posting at shortscale.org or hauntingmids, but will endeavour to do some posting of some quality here, too.
    (I also have no idea how I got my first para to sit in that grey quote box, but I'm quite pleased with it).

1. I chose my name as I like the idea of an ersatz margarine that's actually a by-product of the coal industry.
    2. I'm in the westcountry.
    3. My main musical ambition is to be able to pick up the guitar and make it play the noises I want it to.
    4. Best bit of gear is probably the pink MJT tele I made a couple of years ago.
    5. Just one? Oh Yeah by Can, then.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    Hi all,

I've just found this place after trying to access the old MR daily for weeks.  Glad to be back - missed the Classifieds section especially.  I can rarely resist a bargain.

I used to be known as Denzilmac over at the old forum, and Bod waaaaaay back in the Intermusic days.

Anyway, in answer to the questions.

1.  Bod has been my nickname since I was about 12 (28 years ago! - sheesh).  Only my parents and workmates call me by my real name.
    2. Leicester
    3. Ambition is to have fun.  I'm way tooo old to play in serious bands.
    4. Pod HD500.
    5. I really can't answer that - I have no idea.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    Hi guys, Rocker here [the same Rocker from MR], great to be back.  I got a Facebook message from Rob [thanks] a few weeks ago but was busy at other things......  Spent time waiting for MR to get their act together but nothing seemed to be happening there.  Tried to learn something on the guitar also experimented with different valves in my Orange Micro Terror [I feel a post on the Amp section coming on].

Since MR went wallop, Crowleys in Cork went under too.  Best known worldwide as the shop that sold Rory Gallagher his Strat, Crowleys was more like a meeting place that happened to sell guitars, strings and things music.  A sad, sad day.

Anyway great to have somewhere to chat to like minded people.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Welcome to  theFB   y'all. :)
  • Q1 I was JohnP based on my surname, but given there is a John_P here already I'm now NervousJohn. As I play in a band called Nervous Pills.

Q2 Rural Hampshire though originally I'm from Edinburgh.

Q3 I'd like a gig that pays me enough for petrol to the gig and a pint of beer, while playing my own songs. Too old for anything else.

Q4 My Rickenbacker 330-12. Had it for nearly 20 years and it just keeps getting better and better.

Q5 No idea. Possibly Rock and Roll by The Velvet Underground.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467

Hello, I'm Niall, married for about 5 years and we have a baby on the way.  I'm 38 and originally I'm from Liverpool but have also lived in Leeds, Brighton and now South Yorkshire. I've always worked in leisure/retail and currently I work for a major high street retailer who will flag my post at head office if I mention them!  Never been in a band and don't really have the time.  I've been playing for about 25 years.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  My first name and first two letters of my surname, first used on a very old email address Niallmo @ lineone.net was adopted by a few friends as my nickname...It's pretty much the one I use for every forum and I've used it  from Intermusic to Musicradar to here.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  In between Worksop, Rotherham and Sheffield.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? My first one was to be able to play Layla. I think it took about six years.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Layla

• Hello Ladies,

Good to see the forum re-incarnated and beyond the the realms of advertising!

I used to be samgoldshark on MR - decided to change persona for this one

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?  This is my pseudonym in my band Barbarian – check out video here prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  I live in London / St Albans / Dundee

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I want to play Wembley Stadium annually for the rest of my life and have a hundred amps stacked up behind me – all of them on, no dummy cabs!!!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Warmoth strat with built in tricks like a Fuzz Probe, a sustainer, a piezo bridge, a kill switch etc

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Comfortably Numb (Pulse version)

• ROOGROOG Frets: 554
    edited August 2013

Hi all, I'm Paul,

I seem to have taken longer than most make it back! You've been trying to lose me haven't you?

Q1: Where did your user name come from? A: I'm a keen cyclist and well known cycling forum user, and I used to hate hills, I always seemed to; 'Run Out Of Gears', hence ROOG. Tracing this name through the internet shows that there are other meanings of it which I am less happy about! 

Q2: Where in the World are you? A: Bristol the UK

Q3: What is your musical ambition? A: I aspire to play Guitar at least as well as I plays keys, which tbh isn't a great aspiration but would be a significant improvement on my current position.

Q4:  Your best bit of gear? A: Well at the moment I am really liking my Zoom G5, but my Peerless Hollow body jazz box is the one music related  item I would save if running from a disaster.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - A: to choose just one is so hard, but:  "Teenage Kicks", mainly because it was at a pivotal time for me.