Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    , a risk assessment form for you to fill in, you lucky people (its just a tick box and sign)

customers feinting at ultra low special show deals
    customer frenzy as they try to beat the stampede towards a stand with the last XZY left at a special price

I'm sure I'll love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are doing stupid deals, please let me know first :)

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    Jason said:
    Jason said:
    , a risk assessment form for you to fill in, you lucky people (its just a tick box and sign)

customers feinting at ultra low special show deals
    customer frenzy as they try to beat the stampede towards a stand with the last XZY left at a special price

I'm sure I'll love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are doing stupid deals, please let me know first :)

Is that so you can adjust opening time to some even heavier bottom strings, so you get a head start?
    tFB Trader
    Absolutely, thats the perks :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    @Jason ...as ever...Im based in Bham central, happy to help out ..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    tFB Trader
    spark240 said:
    @Jason ...as ever...Im based in Bham central, happy to help out ..

Thank you, I'll let you know if I need another pair of hands, really appreciate the offer
  • I did it @Jason , signed up poised and ready for another distraction haha. Can't wait for the show, hope our booth further adds to the badass show that this always is.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    welcome @homeoftonejames ;

Provided that we get enough interest from exhibitors at the show, we'll be setting up a dedicated  section within the forum in the next couple of weeks for  exhibitors to "engage with" show attendees ahead of the show  itself.  Each exhibitor will then have a dedicated discussion thread within that section to use however they want.

So, you'll be welcome to plug your stuff, tell people what you'll have at the show, any demos you're  running, any deals, get into Q&A,  and more or less anything else that you want to do to raise your profile and get more visitors to your stand.

Anything specific that you think would be helpful, PM me with suggestions.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Jason Winner on the bacon sandwiches... I have a feeling you'll receive much love from the exhibitors for that move! Mmmm bacon :-) 
    tFB Trader
    I did it @Jason , signed up poised and ready for another distraction haha. Can't wait for the show, hope our booth further adds to the badass show that this always is.
    @homeoftonejames Glad you are on board. I look forward to seeing your stand ideas in real life, I'm sure everyone else will too.
    tFB Trader
    @Jason Winner on the bacon sandwiches... I have a feeling you'll receive much love from the exhibitors for that move! Mmmm bacon :-) 
    I aim to please :)
  • TTony said:
    welcome @homeoftonejames ;

Provided that we get enough interest from exhibitors at the show, we'll be setting up a dedicated  section within the forum in the next couple of weeks for  exhibitors to "engage with" show attendees ahead of the show  itself.  Each exhibitor will then have a dedicated discussion thread within that section to use however they want.

So, you'll be welcome to plug your stuff, tell people what you'll have at the show, any demos you're  running, any deals, get into Q&A,  and more or less anything else that you want to do to raise your profile and get more visitors to your stand.

Anything specific that you think would be helpful, PM me with suggestions.
    Sounds superb to me! Thanks for being very welcoming and accommodating! Much appreciated and looking forward to delving further into the forum
  • Jason said:
    I did it @Jason , signed up poised and ready for another distraction haha. Can't wait for the show, hope our booth further adds to the badass show that this always is.
    @homeoftonejames Glad you are on board. I look forward to seeing your stand ideas in real life, I'm sure everyone else will too.
    Cheers dude! I might even have a new name on board which we'll be launching at the show, so fingers crossed even more cool stuff haha
  • I reckon the TPS duo. Dan and Mick are worthy now to have a slot at the show now. What do you reckon? It'll be interesting to see if the organisers has their fingers on the pulse :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @hotpickups I've asked them several times, life is way too short to kelp chasing them.

How is that, do I pass the test??? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:
    @hotpickups I've asked them several times, life is way too short to kelp chasing them.

How is that, do I pass the test??? ;)
    Very good @Jason , top marks. Strange they didn't take you up on the offer. I've seen Mick walking around the show before thinking he could be thinking of doing something in the future. Opportunity to sell the TPS brand further wasted there I feel. Oh well it could be they are just very busy people outside of TPS. Shame though :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    I suppose one of the issues is that there isn't actually anything there. A bit of t shirt sales isn't going to keep two adults employed. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    so less than 10 weeks to go to the big show - so time to get plans under way regarding stock and deals for the show
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    New dedicated events section now up and running, with separate threads for @Jason and all the member exhibitors that we have.  Intention is to get a bit of chat going ahead of the event, hear what people would like to see, what stock to bring, maybe arrange a demo session or three, etc.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Ooh - looking forward to this :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Excuse my ignorance, but I have questions... as I'm thinking of popping along.

Does it cost to get in and/or is there the usual exhorbitant NEC parking charges (normally I get to expense them when I go to the NEC)?

Is there gear there on sale for various price brackets etc.?  Lots of fun stuff to see, live performances etc?

What's the show like, what's the "vibe", a lot of you know me, is it worth it for a ten-thumbed noise polluting amateur like meself?

Thanks for any insight :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...