homeoftoneJames

What's Hot
This is the thread for @homeoftonejames ;  for the 2018 Guitar Show
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cheers @TTony & @Jason for both this thread and for having me at the show for the third time, it's a big part of my year and I'm thinking about it year round so I appreciate the support.

So! As mentioned previously by Chris from @RiftAmps in his thread for the show, we'll be sharing our booth again which had a great atmosphere last year so look for the same again this time around.

Taking on board what people enjoyed most about our booth last year, we're planning a much better use of the space and will be a place hang out and try out all of the gear we're both bringing along.

I'll have a range of Prisma Guitars, a first for this show after teasing this at last year's. Handmade in San Francisco by luthier, Nick Pourfard and taking influence from his skateboarding passion, and the general Californian/San Francisco vibe, fans of offsets might be keen to come and check these out! 

I'll also have with me, Titan Guitars by the famous US 'boutique' guitar name, Doug Kauer. For many, Titan stole the show at last year's NAMM with their design, idea and quality grabbing a lot of attention. I was proudly the first UK store to stock them so I'll have some Custom Shop KR1 models with me, fitted with Lollars for good measure.

There will be a new name joining the Home of Tone family, which we'll be launching at this show. I've been a fan of this name for a number of years, so it's equally exciting to see some in the UK as it is to launch them at the show. 

I'll have with me a few Mule Resophonic Guitars, a name which has been gathering a crazy amount of interest since I started offering them in 2015, and with a year long waiting list currently, it's difficult to get to see one in person first. I'll have a couple with me so if you've been keen on trying one first, this would be a cool opportunity. Make the most of the multiple quiet times during the weekend here for sure.

All of the usual names that always go down well here like McNelly Pickups, Yellowcake pedals, Jackson Audio, Lehle, Gabriel Tenorio Strings, Diamond Bottlenecks Slides, Bigfoot Ceramic slides, Gravity Guitar Picks, my own range of pre-wired harnesses and as much else as we can squeeze into our space.

I'll share any updates along the way on here, and hopefully we'll get to hang out at the show next month!

James.

• I thought it would be good to share a little more about the individual guitar makers I'll be representing at the show. All of them being smaller makers and brands, a lot of you might not have heard of them before, or perhaps you had but didn't realise they were in the UK and going to be at this show, this might be interesting! So I'll start with Prisma Guitars!

Prisma is based in San Francisco, and founded by luthier Nick Pourfard. The guitars are heavily inspired by the area of San francisco to which they're based, the Sunset District, along with skateboarding culture and it's pretty apparent when you see the guitars..

Here's a taster of Prisma's 'Sunset Series', which is their take on a slightly more 'traditional' build, alder body, maple neck with choice of fingerboard, hardtail or mastery trem, nice reverse offset shape etc. 

The stripey pickups, control knobs and fingerboard inlays  you see are made from genuine hard rock maple, recycled skateboard material, which is where the origins of Prisma come to light. Nick was a very keen skateboarder, which along with his passion for woodworking began making him wonder what he could produce with the hard rock maple skateboard ply material. After learning how to get the best from the material, the guitars soon got very popular and since starting Prisma as a brand in 2014, the response has been astonishing gathering a pretty strong following worldwide. I am the sole UK dealer, and having been such a big fan of these guitars since early on, it's a pleasure to bring some to the show in Feb with me. If it's your thing, or you're just plain intrigued of course, be sure to come and check out our stand! 
    I announced Prisma joining my shop at last year's show, so it feels good to return back this year with a range of them there for all of those visitors who recognised the name and wanted to get their hands on one.

Cheers!
  • Next up, Titan Guitars!

Titan Guitars are made in California, in the same workshop and built by the same team behind famed boutique guitar brand, Kauer Guitars. Their first model, the KR1 was launched at last year's NAMM show and was incredibly well received. This is the very first time Kauer's Titan Guitars have been available through a dealer in the UK, and we're super super proud of being able to represent the brand due to their absolutely stellar reputation as one of the leading boutique guitar names in the USA.

Providing they're here by end of the month, I'll be bringing two Custom Shop KR1s which feature Wenge fretboards, custom tort pickguards Lollar pickups. If that ticks your boxes, then be sure to come and check them out!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This was a brand that went down really well at last year's show, so I'm sure if you're familiar with the name it will grab your attention. Mule Resophonic! Well the good news is that I'll have a few demo guitars at the show in February to try out!

With the waiting time sitting at 14 months now, it's a great chance to try one before getting your name on the list. So if you've been keen to try one be sure to head to this awesome show! (Just make the most of the multiple 'quiet' times during the course of the weekend though!)

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775

I'll have a range of Prisma Guitars, a first for this show after teasing this at last year's. Handmade in San Francisco by luthier, Nick Pourfard and taking influence from his skateboarding passion, and the general Californian/San Francisco vibe, fans of offsets might be keen to come and check these out! 

Oh my sweet Lord...  Got any pictures of 'em?  Are they the ones on your Reverb page?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer