Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

theFretBoard - freebies at the show

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
edited January 2018 in Guitar Show 2018
There was a thread somewhere, but I obviously put it in the wrong place because it's not here!

We - your forum - will be at the Guitar Show again this year.  The stand will be ably manned by Mr @Bridgehouse, Mr @Digitalscream and Mr @me.

Our traditional special guest star - Mr @Clarky - will be there on Saturday, with his rig switched to its usual silent mode and tucked away unobtrusively in a corner.  Mr @Digitalcream may be bringing something of equal interest to amuse the passing masses too.

There will be a theFB special event on the live stage on Saturday afternoon, with Mr @FelineGuitars, Mr @ThorpyFX and Mr @RiftAmps demonstrating what can happen to your sound when you get the maker of incredible guitars, the maker of clever pedals and the maker of tasty amps together in a signal chain.  That's subtitled "why you can buy all the gear you ever need  from theFB members".

I'll be launching our annual Guitar Show prize raffle, thanks to the annual generosity of some other of our business members - Mr @Guitars4You and SCRelics (aka Mr @lonestar).

I'll also have some giveaways on the stand for any of our members who drop by - and if you do drop by and pick up one of the freebies, you'll be able to help us raise our profile even more around the exhibition hall  

There will also be some special theFB "thank you" gifts for anyone who comes along wearing a theFB t-shirt.  That's visibly wearing it, not wearing it under 3 layers of other clothing.

So, who's coming?
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 449
    I'll be at the show Saturday morning!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    You think you can get in and out in just half a day @richh?

Or are you coming with a specific list of stuff to look at, lust after, try out, decide you can't afford, and then buy?
  • richhrichh Frets: 449
    Probably not buying much this time, but it will be good to see what's going on.  It was nice to meet a few of the folk on here in person last year, including @thomasross20 ;
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Hoping to make it on the Saturday. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’ll be there on Saturday 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I might make Sunday, checked my calendar and I've got an effing training day for work on the Saturday. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    There was a thread somewhere, but I obviously put it in the wrong place because it's not here!

We - your forum - will be at the Guitar Show again this year.  The stand will be ably manned by Mr @Bridgehouse, Mr @Digitalscream and Mr @me.

Our traditional special guest star - Mr @Clarky - will be there on Saturday, with his rig switched to its usual silent mode and tucked away unobtrusively in a corner.  Mr @Digitalcream may be bringing something of equal interest to amuse the passing masses too.

There will be a theFB special event on the live stage on Saturday afternoon, with Mr @FelineGuitars, Mr @ThorpyFX and Mr @RiftAmps demonstrating what can happen to your sound when you get the maker of incredible guitars, the maker of clever pedals and the maker of tasty amps together in a signal chain.  That's subtitled "why you can buy all the gear you ever need  from theFB members".

I'll be launching our annual Guitar Show prize raffle, thanks to the annual generosity of some other of our business members - Mr @Guitars4You and SCRelics (aka Mr @lonestar).

I'll also have some giveaways on the stand for any of our members who drop by - and if you do drop by and pick up one of the freebies, you'll be able to help us raise our profile even more around the exhibition hall  

There will also be some special theFB "thank you" gifts for anyone who comes along wearing a theFB t-shirt.  That's visibly wearing it, not wearing it under 3 layers of other clothing.

So, who's coming?
    @TTony Is that the official title? I need to update the website with info
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    The subtitle?

Sounds good to me.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    all done :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    I’d love to make it over but the chances are now slim. :(
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    I havent made one yet, but I’ll be there this year to meet my fellow nutters...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    lonestar said:
    I’d love to make it over but the chances are now slim. :(
    :(

I havent made one yet, but I’ll be there this year to meet my fellow nutters...
    :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I'm not sure I've missed one yet. I should be there one of the days with my youngest. The live stage line up for the Saturday seems a bit more to my tastes but we'll have to see. 
    As I haven't played a guitar for more than 5 minutes so far in 2018 might be an opportunity to see if my fingers still work. 
    I have one TheFB t shirt that's largely covered in emulsion but I'll see if I can dig another one out. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I'm not likely to be able to make it down as it's a crazy month already! 

However, I promise to wear my tFB t shirt that day, so you're welcome to send me free shit ;)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
     you're welcome to send me free shit ;)

Knowing some on here, that's really not an invitation you really want to broadcast.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    All this talk of freebies is making me think a trip south of the border may be worth the risk...
    Be good to meet you @m_c!

Although, tbh, the freebies alone probably wouldn't justify the trip, the rest of the show is generally well worth a journey of a few hundred miles
    ;)
  • richh said:
    Probably not buying much this time, but it will be good to see what's going on.  It was nice to meet a few of the folk on here in person last year, including @thomasross20 ;
    And you! 
    Holidays all taken up this year, but hopefully get to another event. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Alas no T-shirts at last fretboard jam! Does a piece of masking tape with The fwetbord  written on it in faint pencil count? 

Am planning on trying to make it for the Saturday, so maybe might hopefully be there :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Might try and get there. Bit of a trek and I'm a lazy arse in my old age. I probably won't wear my FB shirt, I never liked it to be honest and I think it may have ended up in a bag of clothes in the loft. I'm not into GAS at all these days other than wood to make guitars and useful tools - none of which will be there!