SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 42nd Street R-Cab (ric/tele mash up) Trades ok

chris78chris78 Frets: 9457
edited January 2018 in Guitars £
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137432057@N05/albums
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137432057@N05/shares/Z392eH

I’m hoping the above pics will work!

42nd Street Guitars are sold in Vintage and Rare and made by Angela Arnott, the well known and respected vintage guitar restorer/luthier. The R Cab is her own design. It’s a tele, with rickenbacker features, like the cabronita is a tele with Gretsch features.

The Guitars are handmade and carved, hand sprayed in nitro and this particular guitar features Ric 63 pickups wound by a Jamie at the Creamery. There is a 30 plus week wait list for these!

It cost me £1,600, but I accept its niche and I won’t get anything like that back.

Trades are fine. I’m generally a Fender man, but by all means ask. I’d be particularly interested in a rosewood board Strat, a jazzmaster or Jag and while I think I’m sorted for Teles, I can rarely resist them.

Im valuing the guitar at £900, but it’s hard to value and I’m open to reasonable offers. 

Happy to post as the guitar includes a hard case.

Please let me know if any questions
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8814
    edited January 2018
    Oh god...  Something else to inspire another guitardon.

whats the neck like?!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9457
    Fairly typical Fender 60s Style c shape. Not a slim neck, fits nicely in the hand. 9.5 radius
  • photekphotek Frets: 1470
    Ultra cool!
  • Ooh, I say. PM incoming...
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4916
    From the description I was expecting to hate that.... Even though I love Rics and Teles!!

Looks gorgeous, that colour is exquisite too, beautiful guitar mate. Can't see that hanging around long, GLWTS.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    That is beautiful
    PMs replied.

Thanks for the interest so far everyone
    Now on hold 
  • Hi Bud...is this guitar sold? Bit late to the party so sorry if it's a dumb question?

Cheers Steve.
    Hi Steve,
    yes it’s gone. Contact Angela at 42nd Street if you want one built. She’s great to deal with
  • Cheers Bud...yeah...I've got one of Angela's kit built tales which is my main guitar. The £1600 asking is a bit much? I'll keep my eye out?
    Cheers Steve.
    Vintage and rare in bath have had one with Filtertrons forever. I’ve played it and it’s a lovely guitar. I’d imagine they’ll do a deal given they’ve had it for about 3 years