Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Jason said:
    mrkb said:
    Where is the espresso cart? Looks like the food has been moved this year.
    In the pink marquee above, Dino's Bar, it will have a bar, food and a coffee cart
    Excellent, looking forward to it!
    Me too, although I could do without the stress at the moment, as long as you all turn up :) I would really enjoy an evening without constantly looking at google analytics (currently up over 25% YOY)

Thanks for the support!
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    I managed to register with Imgur with no issues today, so this is a test (and a pic of one of the T shirts available at the show), lets see if it works

https://i.imgur.com/oytaZwy.jpg

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Vaguely reminiscent of another design that I can't quite remember ...

;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    @TTony I have no idea what you are (ain't) talking about :) but Yay, it works
    tFB Trader
    Life sometimes is very strange... You may have seen the flyer on the previous page which has the live stage listing on it. As a bit bit of a laugh and nod to history, the live stage in a marquee was to be called A Marquee, with a pretty close logo to the original Marquee Club. My printer called me yesterday to tell me he was showing some potential clients around and they saw my artwork, and that they were the brand owners of The Marquee Club, and lets be honest I was infringing copyright. They wanted to talk to me. Bugger! Honestly what are the chances, there are 1000's of printers in the UK and they are in mine on the day they are doing my job?

What has really surprised me is that they turned out to be really nice blokes and now the live stage isn't A Marquee, its actually going to have the official Marquee Club logo on it. I'm going to have The Marquee Club Stage - amazing!
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rock and fucking roll! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited February 2018
    @Jason , can you get the same line up for your The Marquee as The Marquee (Charringcross road) had on its opening night? 

I think that you'd approve.
    Jason said:
     I'm going to have The Marquee Club Stage - amazing!
    How nice is that!
     :+1: 
    tFB Trader
    @Jason , can you get the same line up for your The Marquee as The Marquee (Charringcross road) had on its opening night? 

I think that you'd approve.
    I might book KISS GB for next year :)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited February 2018

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    I wonder which SBW? I'm with the "Don't Start Me Talking " one, discovered via The New York Dolls
  • Jason said:
    I wonder which SBW? I'm with the "Don't Start Me Talking " one, discovered via The New York Dolls
    Arse, I’ll have to repost...

https://i.imgur.com/4b6L6FN.jpg

I imagine that SBW, the other one was a much more obscure figure who really would have been long forgotten had it not been for SBW II. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Carried his harps in a gunslingers holster I think, all whilst wearing a 3 piece suit and a bowler hat, that alone would have made me buy his records :)
    tFB Trader
    The line up now looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/KEaArJg.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Awesome
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    That’s great, but you’ve still got Buck and Evans on the wrong day! I’m going on the Saturday!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    That’s great, but you’ve still got Buck and Evans on the wrong day! I’m going on the Saturday!!
    They have a gig on Saturday I'm afraid, I think you'll still enjoy it
  • So there's parking now at Back and the front?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    So there's parking now at Back and the front?
    There is, although there's less inside for us exhibitors, so we'll all be round the back!
    tFB Trader
    So there's parking now at Back and the front?
    Yes, front and back, less inside for exhibitors, but the back car park is quite large. I've asked all the exhibitors that aren't inside to go to the back car park to leave all the space at the front for the public.

The Marquee and the catering marquee are up, heaters in. Full build begins at 08.00, wish me luck, it was freezing there today with the doors open
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom