Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• The Louder Games started today . Tomorrow I shall win them the the honour of Row Alpha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited February 2018
    fandango said:

Got bored, went home. 
    Managed to chat to a good number of exhibitors, but sorry never caught up with you proper (after finding you talking to Mr Guitars4You). Next time, eh?
    Indeed, but...errrr...there won’t be one. :(

On a purely personal note (while it’s always nice to bump into people), this year served to confirm that - despite being in a large space full of everything contemporary-guitar-related - there was (literally) nothing that interested me*.

*Well, I tell a wee fib there - of the used stuff on show, PMT had a reasonably-priced '92 Explorer that was tempting, LGS had a (very) battered Ned Callan SG and (as ever) Mark @guitars4you had some very lovely things.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    Heading up this morning. I hope @harryseven left a few for others ;-)
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited February 2018
    rsvmark said:
    Heading up this morning. I hope @harryseven left a few for others ;-)

Lol. There was very little that @HarrySeven wanted (certainly nothing new), so you're fine.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    fandango said:

Got bored, went home. 
    Managed to chat to a good number of exhibitors, but sorry never caught up with you proper (after finding you talking to Mr Guitars4You). Next time, eh?
    Indeed, but...errrr...there won’t be one. :(

On a purely personal note (while it’s always nice to bump into people), this year served to confirm that - despite being in a large space full of everything contemporary-guitar-related - there was (literally) nothing that interested me*.

*Well, I tell a wee fib there - of the used stuff on show, PMT had a reasonably-priced '92 Explorer that was tempting, LGS had a (very) battered Ned Callan SG and (as ever) Mark @guitars4you had some very lovely things.
    I think you made the mistake of going to a guitar show instead of your local tip. Easy enough to do but a bit of a school boy error nonetheless.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    I was going to head along today, but the flu has finally caught up with me
  • dindude said:
    I think you made the mistake of going to a guitar show instead of your local tip. Easy enough to do but a bit of a school boy error nonetheless.
    Au contraire - this or this is more my bag. :)

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited February 2018
    fandango said:

Got bored, went home. 
    Indeed, but...errrr...there won’t be one.

I’m finding the same now. Way too much new year and I like to focus on the used gear sellers which are in short supply

I did bag a used Line 6 DL4 for £60 though  

• I dig bag a used Line 6 DL4 for £60 though  

Lol. I was standing right behind you when you bought it! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Would love to be popping along but too much on atm and it's a two hour drive each way! Sounds great though, fair play Jason. Would love to have had a look at Feline and Crimson guitars in particular.
  • I'll be there mid morning... just finishing my coffee. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• @mudslide73 , @rsvmark and all you other happy tFBers that are coming along today, I look forward to seeing your happy smiley faces. Come and say hi on stand A6 right near tFB. I'll be the speccy, red haired, guitar cleaning ninja. 
  • did anyone get to try any of the Ibanez AZ range? Interested to hear a few hands on reports with all the hype surrounding them
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Be there about 10.30...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    Aiming for around 11:00...
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Here at F6 with almost (sold out of King of Klones) the full range of Fredric Effects pedals. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice to see some familiar FBers again... my ACS plugs came in very handy indeed. I hope everyone's hearing returns :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Very nice to see some familiar FBers again... my ACS plugs came in very handy indeed. I hope everyone's hearing returns :)
    Pardon ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Day two and I’m basically deaf now. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1258
    Just home from a couple of hours of guitar noise. 

Nice to put faces to a few more Fretboard names @TTony @Bridghouse @digitalscream @vasselmeyer @rsvmark ;