100 Guitars

What's Hot
ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
edited March 2014 in Guitar
Get a look at 100 of his guitars, 100 shirts, and an irritating metronome, where else are you going to get all that?

Love the sushi clock.
If you ever wanted to see Paul Gilbert in a lime green feather boa, now's your chance.
And what about the rest of that outfit?

From 2002, but don't let that put you off - go get a coffee and see how many guitars you recognise, or not.
Quite a few different tonez too.
Plenty of guitars I have never seen before, how about you?

Do post some comments about this or the guitars, I would love to know more about some of them.

Happy watching...
FYI - videos are approximately 9mins each

Now where is that bloody song?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Quite a lot of MIJs and some very interesting and esoteric items too.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I got 4 mins into the first video and saw nothing but a goon strumming a lot of Paul Gilbert sig models in a lot of gay ass looking shirts

I want those 4 minutes back
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Sorry mate, refunds are on the next desk down.

I have a list for the meeting at the Pearly Gates, it includes all the time at traffic lights, in queues at the supermarket, placating the Missus, etc, etc.
    So I'll have a word for you @meltedbuzzbox, and see if they will put it on your tab as a refund.

Honestly the first video is the worst for that, and that bloody metronome.  But that is really the format, gets another guitar, wear new shirt, widdle (in his words) a bit, or not, but you do get to see a lot of guitars, many of which you may never see elsewhere.
    You also get a bit of comparative tone, which is interesting.

i.e. I have never heard a 12 string bass before, sounded pretty good too, but not made it onto my GAS list though.

Now about those 4 minutes...

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    ;-) 

I was a bit surprised to be honest, I usually like listening to Paul, Im not a fan of his music really but he is very good at explaining things and quite entertaining
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    What supprised me is how after watching all the videos there was only around 4 guitars that had a different tone the rest where all the same. Found it cool to watch so thanks
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    Fuckin cocaine man....
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    grungebob said:
    What supprised me is how after watching all the videos there was only around 4 guitars that had a different tone the rest where all the same. 
    That's coz all the toanz is in tha fingaz, dood.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom