SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN. Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar (black) - £1250 collected ovno

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
edited November 2018 in Guitars £

It is a beautifully balanced guitar, sounds gorgeous, superb rosewood neck, and all in black....definitely the coolest colour this model comes in. No mods, all stock (apart from the pick-up switch cap, see below), comes with the original hard case and all the candy that came with it. One very minor thing, and it’s apparently a common issue with the JM Jag: the metal cap on the top of the pick-up switch came irreparably loose (tried to get Fender to replace/repair it via Regent Sounds) and has been replaced with a non-stock Black one, but it doesn't affect how it functions. Happy to send photos of it if necessary.

Photo of it here pre-switch cap change, more (and better) photos to follow: 

https://imgur.com/gallery/uCwJW

More specs below. I'm looking for £1250 collected (London) or very nearest offer. PM if you are interested in it. Thanks!

SPECS:

General

• Model Name: Johnny Marr Jaguar®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
  • Model Number: 0116400706
  • Series: Artist
  • Color: Black

Body

• Body Shape: Jaguar®
  • Body Material: Alder
  • Body Finish: Lacquer

Neck

• Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Shape: Custom Shape Based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar® Guitar
  • Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
  • Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
  • Number of Frets: 22
  • Fret Size: Vintage-Style
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
  • Neck Finish: Lacquer
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot

Electronics

• Bridge Pickup: Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle® Johnny Marr
  • Neck Pickup: Custom-Wound Bareknuckle® Johnny Marr
  • Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
  • Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
  • Pickup Configuration: SS

Hardware

• Bridge: Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
  • Tuning Machines: 6-in-Line American Vintage
  • Orientation: Right-Hand
  • Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
  • Control Knobs: Black Plastic

Miscellaneous

• Strings: Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
  • Unique Features: Custom Wound Pickups, Artist Signature on front of headstock, Nylon Bridge Post Inserts for improved stability; Nylon Insert in Trem Arm Sleeve to prevent arm swing
  • Included Accessories: Strap, cable, set of flatwound strings
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    i love that hardcase
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    i love that hardcase
    Had an original one of those for my Mustang 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep, lovely case. If the Jazzmaster sells as well (and by all accounts that is a mighty "if"!), I'll be left with just my acoustic and this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/nCtY4

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    One of my fave guitars ever 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I'd take the Marr over that tele personally.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WHAT IN THE NAME OF CHRIST'S PERT TITS WAS I THINKING? What can I put my initial post down to? GAS-fuelled regret? A momentary brain rupture? The snow? Donald Trump? Too much coffee? Cretin...

I got back tonight and plugged it in, and within 8 bars, I knew selling this guitar would be a titanic mistake and I know I would regret it instantly. Apologies to anyone who showed an interest.

Immediately withdrawn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got other stuff I'm selling anyway...and I'll get a third job/turn tricks/sell an organ...something, but I just can't sell this.
  • The credit card-related purge continues and this is a wrench. For £££ reasons, this beautiful instrument is now for sale. I’m going to be a one-electric-one-acoustic man for the foreseeable. I’m sure I’ll cope.
  • Sell the tele!
  • Sell the tele!
    Nah, made up my mind. Going to stick with the Tele and save for a Jazzmaster.
  • Just to note, the cap on the pickup switch has been replaced with a non-stock one: for some reason the original one kept coming off. It still works beautifully, though.
  • Sell the tele!

I'll allow it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sell the tele!

I'll allow it
    Thank you, Sensei Buzzbox.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    Coolest. Guitar. Ever.
  • Bump.
  • Bump
  • BUMP. Go on, ye ken ye want til...
  • Bump for a beauty.
  • Surely someone wants to buy the coolest guitar on the planet... *sniff!*

Also, BUMP.
  • Magnificent guitars, these. Good luck with the sale dude!