0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27586
    Adam_MD said:
    Sporky said:
    NPP said:

so reliced pedals are not a thing then?
    They were in my day.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/ABominiser.jpg
    Is that a yellow to dark purple/black fade in the paintwork? It looks really cool.  What circuit is it?
    Yup. It's just a teeny Ab switch. At the time I was painting in the loft of my flat and it was pretty dusty up there, so I'd sand off the bumps, go through the paint in places and pretend it was deliberate. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited April 2018
    Here's another makeover.

This was a Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe I built earlier this year (in fact, my second pedal). Once again, this was done with Posca pens covered with cold sick Rustoleum Clear Coat. Looks a bit ropey:

lmd1

And here's the makeover with printed decal and Envirotex top-coat (so shiny you can see the iPhone camera reflected):

lmd2

I think this one's a tad nicer. ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've given up on Posca pens on enclosures. But that's not to say that it can't be done. Champion Leccy does a great job:

https://championleccy.com/
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Philtre said:
    I've given up on Posca pens on enclosures. But that's not to say that it can't be done. Champion Leccy does a great job:

https://championleccy.com/
    The Guitar Knobs podcast had an excellent interview with the Champion Leccy guy.  It was highly amusing hearing him try to explain the names of the pedals and Champion Leccy itself to them (being American and not used to NE England terminology).
    They were not phased and loved it/him/the pedals.
    edited May 2018
    I built a Lovepedal Amp 11 from the schematic here.

I used a violet coloured enclosure and red 1510 Davies knobs (from Tayda) and the combination of "Lovepedal" and violet reminded me of those Love Hearts sweets. Remember them?

love_hearts
    2reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    That's awesome Phil!  Love the labels - just like the sweets :) 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7671

I'm part way through painting an enclosure, so I'll need to update when its finished, but so far I've:

Sprayed a couple of coats of primer (white) followed by three coats of pink (a couple of cans left over from a paintjob I did for a friend years ago).

Decided that doing the whole pedal in pink was too much so started painting some white acrylic on with a brush, with the intention of sanding it back to leave a thin layer of white in places and the full-on pink in others.

Found a couple of images which gave me another idea and then spent a day painting on more acrylic, finishing off with a couple of figures drawn with a paintpen.

I'm planning to sand back some of the white on the sides to smooth things over and then put a few coats of satin clear acrylic on to finish it off and seal it.

Here's a pic:

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsITU4jpg

I need a couple more pink knobs too, as I only have six right now ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’m not keen on the pink knobs but love the paint job on the enclosure @Paul_C.  What circuit are you putting in it?  

It's a kit made by Parasit Studios called an Into The Unknown.

It might well end up with knobs of a different colour, not made a firm decision yet.
    @Paul_C that artwork looks excellent! What brand of clear acrylic will you use on it?

Whatever I can find amongst my paint cans ;)

The satin clear I've got is Plasti-Kote from Hobbycraft.
    I had decent results from Plasti-Kote on my Timmy.  I find it takes a good few fairly thick layers to get a nice smooth finish, but it seems to have come out well and seems to have hardened ok. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    edited May 2018
    After reading this I'm going to try the Posca pens and Envirotex route on my supreaux. Q, can you use white spirits to wipe the Envirotex edges or only the methylated stuff? 
    I haven't tried but both are thinners so should be fine as far as I am aware. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I bought a pack of the PPD clear printable stickers a while ago and the results I got were consistently rubbish. Poor opacity, "roller marks" (i.e. ink splodges in bands where there shouldn't be and don't appear using other media) and very fragile, with the corners showing white stress marks when the backing is peeled off.
    Does anyone else have these issues or am I doing something wrong?
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I’ve been using this paper for a few years with no problems

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004BF8X2W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I did a couple of pedals with the clear PPD suff (same as @Adam_MD) and found it more prone to show bubbles and other artefacts, but now prefer to use the white PPD stickers as it is thicker.
    Yep, I'm using the white PPD stuff too.  Good results.  I have some white waterslide stuff too, but haven't tried that yet. I would have thought that the clear stuff wouldn't print as well, but if that's not the case I might give some a go.  I quite like the idea of being able to see the enclosure's colour through in the voids.  Presumably it only works well with dark print on light enclosures though? 
    SteveF said:
    ...Presumably it only works well with dark print on light enclosures though? 
    Yep. I tried it on a blue enclosure and it doesn't work. The colours need to be on a white opaque background to work.