NGD - Custom build Jaguar Strat Hybrid inspired by John Squire's original

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• neat project, bet it plays great! cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffa said:
    WezV said:
    Do the strings go through the strat bridge to the term plate on the original?  It really looks like they do on that pic
    I know what you mean, I've looked at that a fair to work it out and it definitely looks like it too but just can't see how that would work. The strings wouldn't clear the back of the strat trem adjusters unless it was all set up very very weirdly. 
    The strings go through the body as per a normal strat. The jag tremolo block is purely cosmetic. There is one out there with a normal jaguar bridge set up.
  • This is a very good effort mate!....I've got one that Stuart made for me....(I think mines 005)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    I really like the look of this, nice job
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    Thank you for the good comments. I’m still playing and enjoying the guitar. 
  • Calum13Calum13 Frets: 37
    Just seen this. Was building the body challenging and how much was the total did it cost you in total. I'm a big fan of the stone roses and I also talked to Stuart Palmer. Maybe if I had £2800 I'd get a replica of johns sunburst one
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    edited May 2018
    Building the body was definitely a challenge but one I enjoyed applying myself to. It depends how much practical experience you’ve got as to how tough you might find it.

A big bit of the issue is that the guitar is such a mix of bits of other guitars. Took a lot of working out to get it the right shape and then get everything in the right place.

The sunburst one is even more tough because of the maple top
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • neilaspinneilaspin Frets: 3
    Just put mine up for sale. Anybody interested outside of E-Bay - ping on neilaspin@clara.co.uk
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142810927187?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    neilaspin said:
    Just put mine up for sale. Anybody interested outside of E-Bay - ping on neilaspin@clara.co.uk
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142810927187?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
    Does that price include vaseline?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's what it cost to build, I'm afraid. I wouldn't be making any money on it. And it took me 2 years wait to get it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Stuart will build you one, but you have to supply all the parts as I did. I had to get the American neck, the strat trem, the Jaguar trem, all the chrome bits AND the pickups.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited May 2018
    neilaspin said:
    I’m only in Stalybridge can you knock a few grand off if I collect it @neilaspin ;;?? Seriously though, that’s an amazing thing to own. Good luck with your sale 
    :) :)  - Cheers!..come round and have a play of it if you want! - (I'm trying me best to sell some other unused stuff, so that I don't have to sell it) - if that makes sense?!