litterally - issues 1 and 2 !!

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
edited May 2018 in Making Music
For those of you who (like me) absolutely bloody loved this Free mag that used to be available monthly in your fave music shop (or delivered to my door for free as I was in the biz) here is a chance to take a revisit to the 1st and 2nd ever issues back in 1986...

http://www.muzines.co.uk/images_mag/scans/mm/mm_86_04/l/mm_86_04-1.jpg

click links: 
II
\/

http://www.muzines.co.uk/mags/mm/86/04/177

http://www.muzines.co.uk/mags/mm/86/05/178#

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    edited May 2018
    I remember that Erasure cover but nothing of the contents.

Another thing that I cannot remember is whether I eventually gave the magazine away to a worthy recipient or it went to the tip.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • desmonddesmond Frets: 2
    Hi - mu:zines admin here. I also loved Making Music from back in the day!

This is the link to "Active" issues:
    http://www.muzines.co.uk/mags/mm

Or to see "All" issues:
    http://http//www.muzines.co.uk/mags/mm/all

We've collected about 2/3 thirds of the full run of Making Music, and are working on getting the rest.

Issue 3 and 4 will come soon, and then some "International Musician" issues are next up in the publishing rotation...

Our long term aim is to completely archive all these publications online.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @desmond Welcome to tFB. One of the long-term registered members on this forum is a notorious hoarder of all things musical. He has a shedload of magazine back issues stashed away. Perhaps, he can assist you?

Paging @HarrySeven
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5372
    I had a pile of these but binned them last year. Bother! Could've probably helped with the archive.
    I liked this magazine. I was in one issue, I got my Ibanez PS10 valued by the Guitar Guru, who was very much out on his valuation compared to what I got for it!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Great work @desmond  and thanks for the links @57Deluxe  I have very fond memories of Making Music as it was about the only magazine I could afford back then!
    edited May 2018
    mart said:
    I have very fond memories of Making Music as it was about the only magazine I could afford back then!
    Me too! I blogged about my experience with the early days of MM:
    http://www.muzines.co.uk/blog/making-music/26

Thanks all (sorry for slow replies, I'm still moderated at this stage)
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8016
    @desmond Welcome to tFB. One of the long-term registered members on this forum is a notorious hoarder of all things musical. He has a shedload of magazine back issues stashed away. Perhaps, he can assist you?

Paging @HarrySeven

And here I am, like a curmudgeonly genie. :)

While I own many thousands of magazines, MM is one of those I’ve been seeking a collection of for some time...sorry!

Like many others, I jettisoned various magazines years ago and unfortunately, a full set of MM was amongst them. :(

Someone on here did promise me a collection of MM mags “when they found them”, but for the life of
    me, I can’t remember who it was...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

While I own many thousands of magazines, MM is one of those I’ve been seeking a collection of for some time...sorry!
    Like many others, I jettisoned various magazines years ago and unfortunately, a full set of MM was amongst them. :(
    Previous post hasn't shown up yet, but it's not just MM we need:

http://www.muzines.co.uk/mags/needed

(Although we do have access to a lot more IM's via a contributor which he's scanning bit by bit.)

We're also looking for Phaze 1, although it's not visible on the site yet...

Any help filling gaps is hugely appreciated!
    edited May 2018
    *moderated dupe deleted*
    Someone on here did promise me a collection of MM mags “when they found them”, but for the life of
    me, I can’t remember who it was...
    Not I. (I nabbed a few sporadic editions but, then, the local music shop stopped carrying the magazine.)

here I am, like a curmudgeonly genie. :)
    I imagine these words spoken in the style of Hugh Paddick as the character, Lotus Blossom, from Round The Horne. :)

Any help filling gaps is hugely appreciated!
    I have a large number of Music UK back issues. These are in reasonable condition thanks to being stored in the pukka blue binders. The later, larger format ones have enjoyed the usual fate of these things - stored in a box in an attic.

I probably have a few mid Eighties issues of IMRW.

I certainly cannot be arsed to scan them for nothing. I doubt that my domestic Canon scanner is of sufficiently high resolution anyway. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578

here I am, like a curmudgeonly genie. :)
    I imagine these words spoken in the style of Hugh Paddick as the character, Lotus Blossom, from Round The Horne. :)

Hark at him! Isn’t he bold...!
    edited May 2018
    Funkfingers said:
    I have a large number of Music UK back issues. These are in reasonable condition thanks to being stored in the pukka blue binders. The later, larger format ones have enjoyed the usual fate of these things - stored in a box in an attic.
    These would be great - the former editor doesn't have a collection of these anymore either. I've purchased a few via ebay for the site but we don't have too many issues, and they don't come up too often. If you'd be willing to lend us these for a time, I can scan and return them, and your donation on those issues will be credited to you. We have some budget to sort out postage costs if necessary or I can collect/return in person if not too far (I'm in Kent, btw) How many issues are we talking about?
    Funkfingers said:
    I probably have a few mid Eighties issues of IMRW.
    For now, we're working through a large amount of IM so it's possible that we'll have those to do already - but I'll make a note and perhaps check in with you in case you have anything we don't? Either that, or if you could let me know what issues you have I can check here in advance.

It's only because of people like yourself maintaining collections that we're able to gather this content for archiving in the first place - thanks!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I even have a couple unopened in the outer postage plastic...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    That's Kenneth Williams' Sandy to Paddick's Julian.

The character, Lotus Blossom, appears during the weekly Kenneth Horne - Master Spy skit. Imagine, if you will, a big build up for the appearance about to be made by a geisha ... who turns out to speak like Ray Winstone and wears hobnail boots.
    Be seeing you.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    edited May 2018
    I may have some copies of Making Music stashed away - I'll have a look and see if I have any you're missing.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Thanks!
    Issue #3 is up now.

(Note: To be notified of new issues, follow @mu_zines on Twitter or you can subscribe to the RSS feed via the site.)
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    edited May 2018
    @desmond - I have a few - but none that you don't already have, unfortunately.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

No worries - thanks for looking!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    Bloody loved this. I learned so much from it..  all for nowt an all. Sadly I binned all mine when I moved house about 12 years ago. Loved the B'day Files and chord of the month paricularly. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"