Water Rats 2nd Jun 2018 Running Order - DOORS OPEN 1130

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited May 2018
    No problem but the Grestch will be there if you or anyone else wants to use it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    @Alnico - would love to have a quick go on it, would you mind? (Not for a song, I'll be confused enough as it is!)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    peteri said:
    @Alnico - would love to have a quick go on it, would you mind? (Not for a song, I'll be confused enough as it is!)
    Not at all.
    It's been set up with a low-ish action and a bone nut so it plays really well.

It's the G2625 Streamliner so it's the bottom of the range but it's a nice guitar.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    edited May 2018
    I'm on for playing rhythm on comfortably numb, I was only planning on bringing my strat as my acoustic doesn't have a pickup and I don't have a case for it.  Would love to murder it on your gretsch assuming you will be playing a strat for the lead stuff.  You are welcome to use my MIJ86 strat but only just got it and wants a set up really.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435

Doors open at 1130 on Saturday, so please aim to be there for 1130-1200. 

Particularly if you're playing in the first set!

We'll start each of the mini-sets on the half-hour from 1230, and have a 10-15 minute break between sets.  Everyone playing a song in the set to be in the room for the start time of the set.  That way we'll not have to hunt around looking for the bassist for this song, or the lead guitarist on that song, and we'll be able to get through everything in the booked time,
    :)

We'll finish with Comfortably Numb at 1630.

We're booked in until 1800, so there'll be plenty of time afterwards if anyone wants to run through a song again, or just for general chat 'n' stuff, before having to pack up and get out.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Blimey half eleven until 6 is quite a while without food, I'm like a shrew I need to eat my considerable body weight each day!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    munckee said:
    Blimey half eleven until 6 is quite a while without food, I'm like a shrew I need to eat my considerable body weight each day!
    Get one of these:

Fill it with this sort of stuff:

At convenient moments in between playing, do this:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Just to say I've got a bit of an awkward drive back, and need to return a hire car - so will likely have to leave before the end (4:30ish?).

Mark not sure if you shouldn't bring your own AX8

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    peteri said:

Just to say I've got a bit of an awkward drive back, 

You are not along @peteri - plenty of people with long drives home afterwards.

I expect there'll be a slow and steady dispersal after we finish Comfy.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    munckee said:
    There is a huge Asda opposite the studios for grub... in addition, Kim (studio owner) has said he has loads of bags of crisps and fizzy pop... he  will also have a abundance of pot noodles on standby!...

we jave the longe area to ourselves which has kettle and microwave....

And I believe the local pizza place will deliver (but don’t hold me to that)...

Okay if there's an asda we are good, then we can eat the crisps if we need, lastly if desperate eat the slowest/weakest of the group.  If nothing else will keep us alive eat the pot noodles...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    im bringing my AX8 setup anyway - want to jam at volume with it through the Atomic CLR. will also bring a rotary pedal to use through an amp if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Apart from playing on one tune I'm just interested to meet and chat with you chaps and play with toys.  I've got a couple of homebrew amps (JTM 45 and a Tweed Deluxe) that I've been meaning to take round to Kims place for a while.  I need to crank them up and see if they are behaving/sounding any good!  Assuming they do sound ok then they'll be there for the day for people to play with.  Also a mixture of shop/homebuilt pedals - Klone, KoT, Univibe etc. and a handfull (boot-full?) of new and old guitars.  I find it fascinating to hear other people play with my stuff and make it sound completely different to when I play it - usually for the better.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I’m interested in checking out a KOT and a Hudson broadcast to see what all the fuss is about, also a D&M drive and an Effectrode Blackbird... anyone bringing any of these?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
    mrkb said:
    I’m interested in checking out a KOT and a Hudson broadcast to see what all the fuss is about, also a D&M drive and an Effectrode Blackbird... anyone bringing any of these?
    Assuming I get back to the UK ok without being hit by lightening (I’m in the Netherlands atm and its very stormy) I’ll bring my pedalboard with a Hudson Broadcast on it if you want to find out that it’s nice gain pedal and not the holy grail!
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1590
    Would love to hear the Hudson.  I can help you with half a KOT!  I just built one side, to see how it compared with my old Marshall Bluesbreaker that it's copied/modified from.  I think it's better, tighter bass.  Will probably sell the Marshall now as they seem to attract reasonable prices.
    I’ve got a KOT I can bring along for the day, high gain both sides with a buffer. 

Needs a power supply but if someone has one happy for someone to plug it in. 
    Cool, I’ve got a 9v power supply on my AX8 board so can run it from that.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    I don't know if any of you good people seen this on the other thread, but in case you haven't:

FREE GUITAR CLEANING

Throughout the day I'll be doing one of my favourite things on this day, cleaning guitars and conditioning fretboards.  

This is a possible precursor to something that may happening for the benefit of tFB and all of us forumites.

Any (relevant) questions?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    & I would appreciate goes on any really "nice" Les Pauls pls, to compare to my "cheap" 97 Classic. 
This discussion has been closed.