Post Rats chat, pics & clips

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
I've closed the other two threads, just to keep all the post Rats chat in the one thread.

We'll get the recordings posted here as soon as the guys are done with the mastering.

I think that goes down as another success.  Thanks to all who turned up and to all who played.  :)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Live and alive in the main room

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Well that was good fun!  Thanks very much to @TTony, @poopot and @Bridgehouse for organising.  I played on a tune, compared LP Specials with @peteri and played all his other lovely vintage machines - thanks for that Peter -  and I got to meet lots of you chaps at last and have a good guitar and music related natter.  Smashing day!  I'll pass on thanks and regards to Kim when I next see him at work.  What a nice setup he's got there.

Thaks all, Jules.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2018
    Just got home - where did the day go?

That was a blast.  Good to meet people, great to have rooms to run through a few bits with strangers before playing with them and really slick organisation to get us in and out quickly. ;)

Thanks to @MtB for the bass and @Rabs guitar... felt awesome playing All Right Now.

Would definitely do it again. \m/

• MtBMtB Frets: 921
    You're welcome @Guitar_Slinger I really enjoyed doing the vox on All Right Now,  it's a song I've always wanted to sing.

Mucho thanks also to @TTony for organising the afternoon - and the very patient Star Drummer.
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    edited June 2018
    @Alnico ;; sorry that you weren't there today, I was looking to forward to attending your workshop. Hope all is ok. We missed you on Down to the Doctors. Maybe another time?
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619

That was a blast.  Good to meet people, great to have rooms to run through a few bits with strangers before playing with them and really slick organisation to get us in and out quickly. ;)

Thanks to @MtB for the bass and @Rabs guitar... felt awesome playing All Right Now.

Crikey yeah that flew by, great day and there was some excellent playing going on, strangely when I wasn`t in the room!

Regardless though, thoroughly enjoyable and All Right Now was, for me, the most enjoyable that I played on.

Would definitely be up for similar again.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    MtB said:
    @Alnico ; sorry that you weren't there today, I was looking to forward to attending your workshop. Hope all is ok. We missed you on Down at the Doctors. Maybe another time?
    This weekend has been all about anger management for me.
    I won but I'd forgotten how brutal I can be with myself.

I'm very sorry I wasn't there.
    As fate would have it, my GT100 has been dead in the water until a few hours ago as well, so it wouldn't have been pretty but it would have been fun and I was bringing Audrey to meet everyone, who also couldn't wait for this.

Everything happens for a reason.

I'll do what I can for Huddersfield but I'm not signing up in advance anymore, my life is way too unpredictable for that.
    There's almost always a space on the day and I'll step into whatever is going on in future. It's not hard to learn most of the songs on the list and then jump into any of them.

Damn it but if my angels are keeping me safe, in whatever way, I can't really stay angry at them.

Hope it was a good day everyone.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

Yup was good to meet you all even if quite briefly (after my M25 ordeal)..  Id be up for it again for sure... Cheers guys.

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited June 2018
    Thank you all for a good day especially @TTony for the organising, and Handsome Chris for the guitar clean.

Thoughts - my 3 tunes were all 1 take and out, it was a bit of a blink really, I would have really enjoyed a little practice time as a 'band' prior to the performance (and would have played better). Obviously that would need changing the format to more "bands" playing mini-sets rather than hot seating every tune.

Also would be great if we could see guitar players hands from the control room rather than their backs.

Big thanks for @slacker ;;; and @mrkb for doing their best for me on Tush - a second take would have made a big difference. I'll do it next time and get it. Me and that song have a relationship now.

My highlights were @peteri's 66 (birth year) Strat - what lushness, and cranking up that big Marshall downstairs. New experiences for me.

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    You singlecut was especially gorgeous @Rabs be proud.

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    I posted this in the other thread but might as well keep all the thought's together here so :

Well that was good fun!  Thanks very much to @TTony, @poopot and @Bridgehouse for organising.  I played on a tune, compared LP Specials with @peteri and played all his other lovely vintage machines - thanks for that Peter -  and I got to meet lots of you chaps at last and have a good guitar and music related natter.  Smashing day!  I'll pass on thanks and regards to Kim when I next see him at work.  What a nice setup he's got there.

Thanks all, Jules.

tFB Trader
    pmbomb said:
    You singlecut was especially gorgeous @Rabs be proud.

Thank you.. I really appreciate the comment  :D

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    @poopot - please pass on thanks to Kim for helping get everything set up, and for running a pretty useful place.  His guys refused the offer of some thank-you cash at the end of the day too.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    All,

Another great jam session - loads of talent on display. Huge thanks to @poopot for organising chi and @TTony - even if some BS story was going around about you having the best sounding bass... lol

More Herculean efforts from @darthed1981 and @mrkb with plenty of enthusiastic and skilful vocals, and lots of kudos for @slacker  ‘s American woman too!!

Nice to see @Handsome_Chris and his box of cleaning tricks. And nice to see some quality guitars from @Rabs too.

I have a load of pics and I will post them in here..

You beat me to it by seconds @TTony - merge mine into here too will you?
    tFB Trader

Cool.. I have 9 videos....  But some are two takes of the same song..  Im happy to upload them.. Do you guys want them all or do you want me just to choose the best take?

And yes.. Id call it a success...