Post Rats chat, pics & clips

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    poopot said:
    TTony said:
    Really looking forward to the recordings of this one.
    Me too - looking forward to the recordings of all of it!

The plan is that @poopot will get hold of the raw recordings by the end of this week and we'll get them on here just as soon as.
    :) 
    Yep, spoke to Kim and he said he will get the files over as soon as is possible. He said he will get his two lads to do a basic mix of each track as well (doubt that will be as soon as we want tho’).

as it stands I have nothing work wise (rather worryingly) booked in for next weekend so I will make a start on the tracks and get them posted as soon as.

Where there is more than one version of a song I will have a quick listen and mix the most polished if that’s ok with everyone?...

Please could I possibly have both the "Champagne Supernova" recordings?

I played different things on each one (sometimes on purpose) and I'd like to hear what worked best?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    edited June 2018

I played different things on each one (sometimes on purpose) and I'd like to hear what worked best?
    I’ll get “a version” up in the first instance so everyone can have a listen. But yes, of course we will eventually get a mix of each take...

once I get them from Kim I’ll get the raw files over to @TTony , I’m sure we can make them available to anyone who wants them!.

you can all have a crack at mixing as well it’s good fun!!!!! 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    poopot said:

I’ll get “a version” up in the first instance so everyone can have a listen. But yes, of course we will eventually get a mix of each take...

once I get them from Kim I’ll get the raw files over to @TTony , I’m sure we can make them available to anyone who wants them!.

you can all have a crack at mixing as well it’s good fun!!!!! 
    Thanks @poopot :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    edited June 2018
    @mrkb warmiing up with the talented half of @lovestrat74 ;;

@munckee@TTony@slacker@McToot@MtB - all learning to fly!

@poopot | @Jonathangus | @Bridgehouse | @munckee ;@MtB - Comfy numb..

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    A couple from my phone, first come together featuring the @lovestrat74 s, @mrkb, poopots drummer and the person with their back to us is the chap who kindly let me play his custom tele and I have lost his name amongst the many, I think its @Tone71 ?

https://i.imgur.com/st1G7yV.jpg

Secondly @Rabs took this one on my phone for @TTony and I to use for the cover of our album of duets, working title is "ttony and mme - the drugs really don't work" but if anyone ahs any better suggestions let me know : )
    https://i.imgur.com/6KT9gJA.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    munckee said:

Secondly @Rabs took this one on my phone for @TTony and I to use for the cover of our album of duets, working title is "ttony and mme - the drugs really don't work" but if anyone ahs any better suggestions let me know : )
    https://i.imgur.com/6KT9gJA.jpg

Related image
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well that killed the thread...

I am always surprised at these Jams (Quad and Water Rats) with people who step up, play well and then in this thread or the post Quad one, admit that they havent played much. Respect. 

There wasnt anyone who played badly and the way people adapted to playing with 'strange' people exceeded a lot of bands I've played in (and left). I've played in bands where people are unprepared, or egotistical. 

I was a pleasure to play for you lot in rehearsal or recorded and also have people play for me. Both the times I sang I was supported by a good band. So thanks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    slacker said:

I am always surprised at these Jams (Quad and Water Rats) with people who step up, play well and then in this thread or the post Quad one, admit that they havent played much. Respect. 

There wasnt anyone who played badly and the way people adapted to playing with 'strange' people exceeded a lot of bands I've played in (and left). I've played in bands where people are unprepared, or egotistical. 

I was a pleasure to play for you lot in rehearsal or recorded and also have people play for me. Both the times I sang I was supported by a good band. So thanks. 

To be honest, one of the reasons I bother with the organising, the hassle and the general stress of doing these kinds of events is exactly this - the reaction that people have.

It only needs someone to casually say on the day "that was brilliant - I'm so glad I came" or "I didn't think I'd be able to do that" and the effort is worth it. 

I wish more people who were nervous or under confident would take the plunge and come and give it a go - nearly everyone I speak to at jams says they have surprised themselves, and nobody regrets turning up..
    slacker said:

I watched 'Just what I needed' which I mentioned to you just before you went in was one of my favourite songs so not to murder it : ), sounded really good in the mixing room, looking forward to hearing the track when it arrives on here.

In the actual room when playing I could barely hear the singers, nor could I hear my own guitar very well.  I made what I assume is a rookie mistake of standing in front of my amp and facing poopots amp, I heard his guitar really clearly.

@mtb definitely saved my hearing with the ear plugs though thanks for that.
    munckee said:
    slacker said:

I watched 'Just what I needed' which I mentioned to you just before you went in was one of my favourite songs so not to murder it : ), sounded really good in the mixing room, looking forward to hearing the track when it arrives on here.

In the actual room when playing I could barely hear the singers, nor could I hear my own guitar very well.  I made what I assume is a rookie mistake of standing in front of my amp and facing poopots amp, I heard his guitar really clearly.

@mtb definitely saved my hearing with the ear plugs though thanks for that.
    The jam days are all about learning what playing in a live band is all about - and you've got some valuable experience from that!!

I've been playing live in a mix of bands with a mix of instruments for 25+ years, and I'm still learning lots. I find the most difficult thing to balance is monitor levels for your own instrument versus everyone else - as a bass player hearing the drums is essential, but being able to get a good groove on with rhythm guitar and knowing where you are in a song at any point is vital too. 

I've also learned that on stage it never  sounds the same as out front. In fact, it sounds wildly different at different places on stage - just walking around the main room on Saturday showed just how different it sounds in different spots..!
    Every single person that played in that live room should feel really chuffed with themselves... Thats not meant to sound as patronising as it does either... There was a couple of performances that could have easily been played at a paying gig...

I'm guessing that no one in the building that day plays together on a regular basis if at all?... Myself and Matt are in a band and we gig regularly and meet up every couple of weeks with our bass player and singer to run through new stuff and we both know Bill from old, but apart from us three, how many of you actually have met each other before? let alone played with each other before!!!!.

Performances as good as they were from a group of guys that only met that day?... Brilliant!... cant say anything more tbh!

Christ!!!! No one told me I am that bald!!!!!
    poopot said:
    Every single person that played in that live room should feel really chuffed with themselves... Thats not meant to sound as patronising as it does either... There was a couple of performances that could have easily been played at a paying gig...

I'm guessing that no one in the building that day plays together on a regular basis if at all?... Myself and Matt are in a band and we gig regularly and meet up every couple of weeks with our bass player and singer to run through new stuff and we both know Bill from old, but apart from us three, how many of you actually have met each other before? let alone played with each other before!!!!.

Performances as good as they were from a group of guys that only met that day?... Brilliant!... cant say anything more tbh!

First song I heard was come together and sounded loads better than I expected to hear at the jam.  Especially as the bass player was 13!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited June 2018
    Yes Come Together was a superb opener.

For those of you who have never played with others before, my experience (I am a quarter step ahead as I've done a few months Rock Project and a couple of micro-gigs) is that's it's usually easier than on Sunday. You usually know the players at least a little, have had some jam time, and most importantly when you see a smiling audience you realise they're there for fun not to criticise, it's a big relaxer. They're on your side, and they care more about groove than perfection. People love live music.
    munckee said:
    Thanks. I rarely just sing, I'm usually playing as well. It's good to have a solid band when 'just' singing. So as before thanks to the bands. Also if @Brocco had £1 for everytime I made him run through the intro...
    edited June 2018
    pmbomb said:

most importantly when you see a smiling audience you realise they're there for fun not to criticise, it's a big relaxer. They're on your side, and they care more about groove than perfection.
    ↑This...

Havent played with Bill for nearly a decade... One of the best gigs we ever did was with him on bass (I say on bass loosely-He had a bass with him)...

Small venue 100 people or so... Soundcheck was at 5pm... No Bill... 6pm...Still no Bill... 7pm... Better ring Bill... No answer... Due on at 8.30...

8.25pm and Bill shows up... absolutely drunk as can be, been at the football all day and was steaming...

It became very apparent very quickly that despite his reassurances of "I'll be fine" he really wasn't... but we went with it anyway. The crowd just joined in with the fun and got him drunker and drunker. At one point he had at least a dozen full pints sat around his amp... He was dropping notes, playing the wrong song, even playing between songs etc etc... but it remains to this day one of the best and funniest gig experiences I've ever had... 

After we loaded out he came up to me and asked "what time do we go on?" when I told him we'd done the gig his response was "great, how did i play?"

We (current band) still go back to that venue 3 or 4 times every year!...

Entertainment wins above perfection every time!!!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    @slacker - are you ready for Huddersfield now?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    Ohh and by the way.. I got a second copyright notice for Teenage Kicks take 2  :D
    Rabs said:
    Ohh and by the way.. I got a second copyright notice for Teenage Kicks take 2  :D
    Haha you are going to ruin the fretboards reputation of being a bunch of all talk non players at this rate ;)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    Haha you are going to ruin the fretboards reputation of being a bunch of all talk non players at this rate ;)

Well it is kind of cool... It says that the owner has monetised it.. So we are now helping the bands that we pay tribute to make money..  Ok it will probably only amount to about 10p but still..  We are contributing in our own small way  :D