5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I’m happy to sing teenage kicks twice or more if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Lil devil & paranoid rhythm and possibly never gonna change - need to check out how to play before confirming ;)

@pmbomb - daytime is noise time, pity there no fight for your right on set list so might be fun for mass jam :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not going to do too much playing as I'll be a bit busy most of the time. However, I'd like to call dibs on playing bass on Danger Zone and Ace of Spades :) 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    LuttiS said:

@pmbomb - daytime is noise time, pity there no fight for your right on set list so might be fun for mass jam :)
    word.

yeah I reckon, Free World too.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I've just had a bash at singing Power of Love and it's fun! If and when it goes on the list stick me down for vocals! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    I'm not precious about any of these, so feel free to move me about as needs be to make sure everyone gets a fair crack but in terms of "first choice" I'd like to go for:

L'il Devil  (Guitar - know the rhythm, could have a stab at learning the solo if no-one else wants it)
    Teenage Kicks (guitar, or bass if we're short on bassists)

Boulevard (acoustic part, after what I promised @modellista )
    ITGWO (acoustic unless someone else wants it)

If those are all dead popular more than happy to sit in on:

Paranoid  (guitar)
    Fortunate Son (guitar)

In terms of vocals/bass duties it probably makes sense for me to wait and see what gaps you end up with. Happy to do backing on anything though, as long as it's not high (my vocal sits in the low/resonant registers, unless I can blag a couple of lessons from a friend between now and then).

Or, failing that, just stick me where there's a gap and I'll try not fluff it up :)

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Setlist V1

- Please pick a JJ Cale song!
    - Need a few more to have options - suggestions pls!
    - Need to start filling all those gaps up!
    - I'll pick some bass slots in a bit for me - but if there's stuff someone really wants to do then that's fine
    - We can repeat the popular stuff

* cough * .... options? If you meant song choices ..... I made three three great suggestions early in the thread ....

fandango said:
    Setlist V1

- Please pick a JJ Cale song!
    Mama Don't.

@bridgehouse - can you clarify how you see the main room running on each day. Is it the same songs on both days? Or do half the songs on each day with a couple of run throughs. I certainly found that any second takes I do get much better as you have warmed up/the confidence, and can see what the other guitarists are playing and adapt to suit.

There doesn't seem to be enough songs on your list to fill two days, and having 40 odd songs would be too much for the drummer to learn anyway.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Oh, and Id like to do the solo on Lil Devil please
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1645
    Beat It and Dangerzone for me please..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    @mrkb - not entirely sure yet and open to suggestions. I’d like to get a good list with plenty of people down on them as a core Saturday list - as songs pop up for Sunday people then we can get them done too - I suspect Sunday will be a few louder and more acoustic numbers tbh.

suggestions welcome tho!
    mrkb said:
    Oh, and Id like to do the solo on Lil Devil please
    me too pls (though I would say "a solo" not "the solo").

that means doing it more than once then. result!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited June 2018
    Perhaps on Sunday some time could be put aside for Saturday night bands that work well? If they do something new that is..

or something...
    edited June 2018
    my experience of Woking was:

* the schedule was packed and tight (I think we only did each song once, mine were anyway)
    * they were organised into sets, we were asked (reasonably) to be present at the start of each set we had a song in
    * I had 3 songs in 3 sets (of 4) - which meant basically jam time was wiped out as 3/4 of the day was waiting for my slot in a set
    * then when in studio, it was make brief eye contact with strangers, do one's best on the tune from a cold start, then back out. it was a bit of a cold experience. (not a comment on individuals, everyone was cool. I mean cool in a warm way!).

could I suggest

* not trying to do so much, so we get more plays of a tune and a little time to warm up and lock in together
    * if there are small groups of people playing together more than once, schedule their songs together, which means they could potentially practice together outside the studio

personally I value jam/band time over being recorded.
    I am tempted to space things out a bit more. I’d like to do 20 ish songs and have them split over the two days. Maybe a sat and sun run through of some. 

Either way, it would be good if people could let me know if they are only here on Sunday so I can make sure their bits get done on that day. Or something. It will take a few iterations to get right so bear with me.
    OK - updated sheet.

Note L'il Devil has a (2) by it to denote 2 run-throughs. I will sort out who and when on the running order (done at the end when everything is filled in)

I've added a load more songs so get stuck in. I plan to spread these out over the two days and repeat as much as needed to get everyone a good chance.

Just cos the slots are full doesn't mean you can't put your name down. If something is popular we will do it a few times - and could do a Saturday run then a Sunday run too.

I've put myself down for some bass slots for stuff I'd like to play on - I'll do others as needed but if someone else wants to bass then do say!! I need 2 bass slots for L'il Devil already, and I'll do one if needed.

Drums - comfortably numb
    guitar lead - fire (and will try to as well sing if needed)

is @differs drumming most of the songs? I could drum a few others if needed, but am happy with three to give main drummer a rest.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    @Bridgehouse ;

Whilst I appreciate all the work that’s going into the weekend in question, can you clarify whether the set list is final or whether there’s going to be some changes or additions.
    fandango said:
    @Bridgehouse ;

Whilst I appreciate all the work that’s going into the weekend in question, can you clarify whether the set list is final or whether there’s going to be some changes or additions.
    As it stands at the moment, the list is the list. 

What will happen is as people pick songs we might get one or two that get very little interest - in which case I will cull them and either replace or just leave a gap.

On all previous jams, at this stage the list is 95% as it will be on the day - we perhaps lose one or two songs that are unpopular, or end up repeating one or two another time to fit everyone in.