You can now 'sponsor' the Andertons Youtube channel...apparently. EDIT - Now retracted for Patreon..

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Andertons have almost half a million subscribers, if each of their subscribers gave them a penny every month that would make £60,000. You can't blame them for trying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12880
    I'm not really sure what the difference is between andertons asking for contributions from people who like what they do and guitar magazines having a cover price.

If you're going to have a go at Andertons for charging for glorified advertising then surely guitar mags are worthy of the same ire? They're little better 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744

If you're going to have a go at Andertons for charging for glorified advertising then surely guitar mags are worthy of the same ire? They're little better 
    Probably true.  But they should be.   
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    I'm not really sure what the difference is between andertons asking for contributions from people who like what they do and guitar magazines having a cover price.

And as soon as the public realised this it marked the beginning of the end of magazines. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5378
    edited June 2018

Do guitar magazines sell the products they write about for profit?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389

Surely the difference is that you have to pay the price or you can't have the magazine whereas you get the Anderton's videos whether you pay or not?

Or is Anderton's idea to make the videos cost and you can only get them if you pay?
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    thegummy said:

Surely the difference is that you have to pay the price or you can't have the magazine whereas you get the Anderton's videos whether you pay or not?

Or is Anderton's idea to make the videos cost and you can only get them if you pay?
    That would be awesome. I hope they do that, cos they're not getting any of my money.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited June 2018
    I love bass but I don’t like two bassists noodling. Not my thing even though bass is my number one instrument
    You are probably going to hate this .. 

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
    edited June 2018
    Fwvliw i like Andertons TV. The sounds like series is good, in fact anything with Rabea Massaad I generally enjoy watching.
    Would I pay for the content as it is, probably not but then I have brought stuff from the shop. Perhaps giving video access vouchers to customer's spending more than £xx in store or online is a compromise.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12880
    Whitecat said:

-the advertisers, without whom guitar magazines could not exist, certainly do. 

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Not read the whole thread but do Andertons want us to pay them, so they can sell us their products? 
    They only review stuff they sell.

It's like a trade show, paying a fee to be sold to is just nuts to me. 

You Tube will one day charge a fee, but until then the only YTs I support are individuals who can teach me something without wanting me to buy from them or use their services. eg Randy Schartiger 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Whitecat said:

They depend on advertising.  If they were to review the latest PRS and say it was truly awful, then PRS could pull their full page ads.

I don't think I've ever seen a guitar magazine say "Do not buy this guitar, as this other one is better and 20% cheaper"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom