SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitarist seeks country or Americana band for gigging

KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
edited June 2018 in Personnel

Competent country lead guitarist seeks gigging country band (no backing tracks please). I'm currently playing bass in a band on the country covers circuit, but the band may not be operating past the end of 2018.

I have a large repertoire, I'm a good ear player, and I have excellent kit and reliable transport. And I love country music! I live in Swindon so M4 corridor is preferred for rehearsals, but I'm happy to go further afield for gigs.

I can also take lead or backing vocals.

You can find audio and video clips of my playing here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Very nice playing @Keefy. 'Take it easy' sounds great
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
    edited June 2018
    gringopig said:
    Hi. Your hyperlink appears to be linking back here to Fretboard...
    http://graemescott.webs.com/guitar
    Oops so it does. Hopefully fixed now.

Rocker said:
    Very nice playing @Keefy. 'Take it easy' sounds great
    Cheers
    Update: My current country band will be carrying on, we've found a way to make that work. Still interested in any country/Americana lead guitar opportunities though.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Did you used to play in the Rolling Zones (noticed one of your videos)? I know a few of those guys (though they aren't playing all together anymore, which is a shame)
    Did you used to play in the Rolling Zones (noticed one of your videos)? I know a few of those guys (though they aren't playing all together anymore, which is a shame)
    Yes I did, I was Keef. Mick Jogger and the Stones Experience still play from time to time. They were recently looking for a Ronnie if that's of interest...
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    edited June 2018
    It would actually be my ideal gig....but alas, probably not quite the right time at the moment. Sad times :(
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Your Diamonds and Dirt Track is like a cross between Johnny Cash and Duane Eddy ........good 'ol time sound
    Dominic said:
    Your Diamonds and Dirt Track is like a cross between Johnny Cash and Duane Eddy ........good 'ol time sound
    Cheers @Dominic! It's a cover of Highway Patrol by Junior Brown.