GSP1101 Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    Yup, did that but it is still controlling the volume...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Freeking strange... Maybe has it replaced wah with gain? Defo pdl1 for internal... Will give it a go tomorrow morn myself ;) see if missed something
    Ok think c63 has pedal 1, pedal 2, expression pedal and cc7 to control pre volume.

guess pedal 1 and 2 and expression are internal and external pedals. (guess expression is external) so pedal 1 and 2 are the internal one for when button (usually for wah) is engaged and other for when not engaged.

will have a play myself tomorrow ;)
    Yep sw1 and sw2 are 1 pedal without toe switch and 2 pedal with toe switch.

Did you remember to store the preset after configuring?

if you want to use it as a boost other option the control button which can have gain set as min and max and stomping it will switch between those two values.
    edited June 2018
    Control button can have multiple actions as well i belive. 

So can turn on efx (one or more) and change volume or gain all at same time with a single stomp.  Looks like control stomp button will be my solo boost if it can do multiple things.
    Is there a way of telling which parameters the control pedal and expression pedals are linked to, do you know? I guess it could get confusing if you link a number of parameters to a single pedal...
    Not sure wonder if its somewhere in xedit as its on a preset by preset basis. Will check that out in morning too.
    No worries...found it. Sorted now. There's an expression links menu with all the links for the preset.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    They do look like a great little unit, I am such a gear slut :)
    Interestingly (to me anyway) it seems to me that the GSP1101 sounds less different through my solid state power amplifier when compared to my valve amp power section. Not sure why. It feels like there's not a huge benefit in lugging the valve head around :)
    edited June 2018
    It's cos modelling is very high quality that the valve warmth isn't actually needed to gloss over things.  Solid state will he very clean with little warmth and nowhere to hide if sound in isn't already good.  Valve can sweeten and hide a little lower quality which can often be a good thing

i do find some amp do benefit slightly from running through the GT Trio clean channel.  But then that is a very high end clean pre with serious amounts of headroom so not glossing over as just adding a touch of warmth and shimmer.

think you'll notice more and more as you use it how bloody high end the models are even compared to modern very expensive options.  Yes helix has more options and is more flexible but gonna predict you will eventually decide gsp is better sounding but not as flexible as helix.
    edited June 2018
    Interestingly (to me anyway) it seems to me that the GSP1101 sounds less different through my solid state power amplifier when compared to my valve amp power section. Not sure why. It feels like there's not a huge benefit in lugging the valve head around

you'll also find with clever IR auditioning it will sound closer to the/an amp direct to PA as well
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    You could go for a small Midi board like a Tech 21 Midi Moose and use it with a Digitech FS300, three button footswitch. The C63 firmware allows you to set up controllers for the buttons on the FS300 so you could use them to turn stomps and fx on and off.
    drwiddly said:
    You could go for a small Midi board like a Tech 21 Midi Moose and use it with a Digitech FS300, three button footswitch. The C63 firmware allows you to set up controllers for the buttons on the FS300 so you could use them to turn stomps and fx on and off.
    Spot on, that's what i was thinking other day when suggested a small midi board.

You another gsp1101 user?
    edited June 2018
    The other good bit of kit was the IPB-10 the iPad version of rp1000.  Actually it was really the floor version of the gsp1101 as had the twin dsp chips as opposed to 1 in the RP.  however the newer iPad control software does allow it to do stacked and flexible placement of fx and iirc has same list of amps and efx etc as c63.

No the IPB doesn't have the capability to do IR like GSP can (well officially) but you can pop all ipb-10's output to iPad and add IR via Rooms and apparently its very effective.  I also like that IPB has two fx loops as opposed to the gsp's 1.

downsides? Missing midi ports so canny control external devices or an amp channel.... And needs an iPad 2/3 with ios 9 or lower for digitech software.  No pc software (that's a huge gap for me) if it also talked to pc setup software I could have easily setup my gsp and loaded all my presets into ipb-10 (even ability for iPad software to take my xedit backup.  Almost bought one as my grab and go travel light/open mic setup but as already had a spare gsp the fact I'd need to redo all presets annoyed me.  And of course I'd need to make up a mini snake for power, 4cable and power for wireless.  Nah feck it small rack suddenly sounds a lot less hassle.

if ever see one really cheap I may grab it as a spare direct to pa input for the setup for open mic i run as quick setup via screen of amp type and stomp fx a new player wants is very quick.  But then does a cheap small win 10 tablet with xedit kinds fill same gap?
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    mr-mac said:
    drwiddly said:
    Spot on, that's what i was thinking other day when suggested a small midi board.

Yup, I've gone Kemper/Axe FX now but I've kept my gsp1101 and the Control 2 as back up and I still use it as a grab and go now and again. Great piece of kit.
    edited June 2018
    drwiddly said:
    mr-mac said:
    drwiddly said:

Yup, I've gone Kemper/Axe FX now but I've kept my gsp1101 and the Control 2 as back up and I still use it as a grab and go now and again. Great piece of kit.
    It is... Know a metal band that went from axe and kemper to both on a gsp and another kemper guy who goes back to his gsp for gigs he needs a jcm800/900 sounds as he reckons it sits in mix better along side other guitarists Axe.  At price they really do stay close to highest end bit with a little less flexibility than todays crop. 

s/h at under £300 these days for both gsp and control 2 there isn't much gets you close to big boys at that end of price spectrum
  • GarpGarp Frets: 209
    Use my GSP 1101 and Control 2 in the rock covers band I'm in. 4CM with a Cornford Roadhouse 50.

Mostly use the Cornford pre-amp and the GSP for effects but have a few patches using the GSP pre-amps - fender amp for a clean sound, JTM 45 for a medium gain crunch and SLO and 5150 for some heavier stuff.

I've also been experimenting with using the send level control to adjust the gain going to the input of the Cornford to give me a wider range of gain settings from the amp.

It's only got five strings... and three of them are G.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice setup, yeah send level then preset vol at other side should allow you to drive preamp harder and keep the preset same volume as rest.  Planning same on my GT trio preamp to increase nunber of tones it provides.  On GSP the ampdriver pedal can work well too as seems to increase gain but without adding too much character so feels like increasing the gain from amp.
    edited July 2018
    @Garp ;; I also plan on trying out my cheap Nux PMS-2 in place of an extra amp footswitch to allow GSP to also switch combo amp channel for my smaller setup that doesn't have gt trio.