And here's some of mine....

jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
edited April 2018 in Plug My Stuff
It's all getting a bit old now, like me.......

https://soundcloud.com/jdgm-1

I'll post clips of my current band when I get anything worth posting.

Er....whoops....just found that I've posted this before elsewhere, back in Dec 17...apologies!

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/33/post-your-stuff-here/p9

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I had a go at the first and second songs. Nice music to unwind after a tough day at the job; it would go really well with film scenes. Well done. How did you record these songs?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    edited July 2018
    Thankyou. Thankyou very much.

It was recorded on a Tascam 38 with SMPTE on track 8, which went into a J L Cooper SMPTE/MIDI converter then to a J L Cooper MIDI patchbay. Those were excellent units. The desk was a Studiomaster 24-8-2. I started out on samplers with a Greengate then went up to an Akai S950. The synths were all fairly cheap - Roland D110, Yamaha DX11. I did not put everything to the 8-track tape but would mix down straight to DAT. The MIDI sequencing was done with an Atari 1040 running Mastertracks Pro or (later) Cubase.

This was in the 8-bit  era - late 80s, early 90s - so my delays and reverbs were fairly primitive by today's standards; I loved my Korg SDD2000, Ibanez HD1000 and my Boss SE50 though.

Nearly all that gear was sold for peanuts a few years ago. I still have the DAT and DX11; don't do any recording at all now, but if I had money I'd go fully digital. I stored my Ampex 456 and 406 tapes in the airing cupboard but they got sticky and shed oxide. I still love the tape sound but these days it's not really a viable medium, cost-wise.

Thanks again and best wishes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom