5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    By the way, does anyone give a flying fuck what basses and bass equipment I bring?

No.. didn't think so :)
    If you have an Alembic, that would be nice....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Snags said:
    Actually, yeah, I do.  My recently developed bass GAS could do with some added procrastination and vacillation from having played a few different things :)
    You want proper old vintage, parts casters, or more modern and active?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

mrkb said:
    By the way, does anyone give a flying fuck what basses and bass equipment I bring?

Elastic band stretched across a shoe box?
    Like you'd notice when you are bashing your saucepans with mum's wooden spoons....
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Snags said:
    1. So I'm aiming to actually pull off the drive between 6/:30
    Fnar.
    Snags said:
    Fnar.
    It's going to be one of those weekends..

If you have an Alembic, that would be nice....
    I did mate but the cream the pharmacist gave me cleared it up.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Snags said:
    Fnar.
    Did a loud snerk at work to that.. got a load of funny looks and had to try very hard to regain my grump in the corner image. :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Snags said:
    Actually, yeah, I do.  My recently developed bass GAS could do with some added procrastination and vacillation from having played a few different things :)

Partscasters/modern, I guess.  I'm still on a definite budget for bass, as it's an "emergency cover, root and fifth" kind of thing. And I do have the horn for the Epi Thunderbird IV (Classic or Pro, not the bolt on).  But I ought to at least confirm my aesthetic issues with P-bass etc. etc. :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I think it's safe to say that there won't be any judging going on this weekend :)

Turn up when you can do, as prepared as you like and don't sweat it. 
    Just as well.

Having a shite day at work and tonight will mostly be making voodoo dolls of my colleagues and burning them, not practising, of which I have done diddly fuck all...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    darthed1981 said

Having a shite day at work and tonight will mostly be making voodoo dolls of my colleagues and burning them, not practising, of which I have done diddly fuck all...
    @darthed1981 I just read your comment as "making voodoo dolls of my colleagues and bumming them". I'm not sure whether that's worse!

Mind you, that probably says more about me than you...
    Snags said:
    Snags said:

Partscasters/modern, I guess.  I'm still on a definite budget for bass, as it's an "emergency cover, root and fifth" kind of thing. And I do have the horn for the Epi Thunderbird IV (Classic or Pro, not the bolt on).  But I ought to at least confirm my aesthetic issues with P-bass etc. etc. :)
    I'll bring the ACG which is active, and modern with an asymmetric neck and so on, and a couple of parts casters - the new semi and probably a PJ so you can see what you can get if you make yourself with quality parts for about £400 or so.
    @Bridgehouse thank you, much appreciated.

I can see some positively epic mission creep in my future.
    Snags said:

I bought a bass to tinker. 

I now have exclusively basses. I'm a bass player. I have 7. I also have three separate complete amplification solutions and a whole raft of preamp/DI pedals. 

Of the 7 basses, 2 are vintage, one is a boutique custom made, one is a "mainstream" one, and 3 are parts casters!

My mission creep has been more than just a bit epic..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:

I bought a bass to tinker. 

I now have exclusively basses. I'm a bass player. I have 7. I also have three separate complete amplification solutions and a whole raft of preamp/DI pedals. 

Of the 7 basses, 2 are vintage, one is a boutique custom made, one is a "mainstream" one, and 3 are parts casters!

My mission creep has been more than just a bit epic..
    Genuinely think I'll be following that route soon...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    darthed1981 said

@darthed1981 I just read your comment as "making voodoo dolls of my colleagues and bumming them". I'm not sure whether that's worse!

Mind you, that probably says more about me than you...
    They are not worthy of my sweet bum loving @vasselmeyer ...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    @modellista @McToot ; Boulevard - had a thrash through on barres last night, and it sounds shit on the acoustic, so I'll capo it and go 'high' at the end; I don't think it'll matter in the outro because the bass and electrics will carry the weight of the final chord.

(I also watched a couple of live videos and that's essentially how they do it, although they use a hollow electric, rather than an eletro-acoustic, but I don't have that option :) )
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Snags said:
    @modellista @McToot ; Boulevard - had a thrash through on barres last night, and it sounds shit on the acoustic, so I'll capo it and go 'high' at the end; I don't think it'll matter in the outro because the bass and electrics will carry the weight of the final chord.

(I also watched a couple of live videos and that's essentially how they do it, although they use a hollow electric, rather than an eletro-acoustic, but I don't have that option :) )
    Rightchoo are. I'm on my day long odyssey to Wales to sort my daughter's passport out and thought it unwise to bring a guitar on the train to practice. I'm listening the shit out of the songs on Spotify though. That'll have to do. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    edited August 2018
    McToot said:

Rightchoo are. I'm on my day long odyssey to Wales to sort my daughter's passport out and thought it unwise to bring a guitar on the train to practice. I'm listening the shit out of the songs on Spotify though. That'll have to do. 
    Just visualise playing along and being awesome should sort you out for the weekend! I’m sat in a cafe in Bruges doing the same - should work!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I finally got round to learning Danger Zone last night. Very simple but fun to play. Obviously I was wearing mirrored aviator shades at the time.
  • I finally got round to learning Danger Zone last night. Very simple but fun to play. Obviously I was wearing mirrored aviator shades at the time.
    I feel the need...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you