5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot
1171819202123»

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I finally got round to learning Danger Zone last night. Very simple but fun to play. Obviously I was wearing mirrored aviator shades at the time.
    What key is it in, Bob?  If it was a step lower I could probably sing the high vocals for the full Loggins experience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sasquatch_BobSasquatch_Bob Frets: 82
    edited August 2018
    I finally got round to learning Danger Zone last night. Very simple but fun to play. Obviously I was wearing mirrored aviator shades at the time.
    What key is it in, Bob?  If it was a step lower I could probably sing the high vocals for the full Loggins experience.
    It's in E flat. I just found out I don't know how to type a flat symbol. I could just say D# I suppose
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    @Bridgehouse I just realised I'm down for Junior's Wailing with @SteveRobinson so stick me on vocals for that. It's Quo so it's all about the groove, not the words!
    It's in E flat. I just found out I don't know how to type a flat symbol. I could just say D# I suppose
    Weird key, presume it was played on a detuned guitar originally.  Maybe potential to drop it down a step.  Anyway I'll practise as the record and see if I can stretch my vocal cords enough by Saturday!
    Snags said:
    @modellista @McToot ; Boulevard - had a thrash through on barres last night, and it sounds shit on the acoustic, so I'll capo it and go 'high' at the end; I don't think it'll matter in the outro because the bass and electrics will carry the weight of the final chord.

(I also watched a couple of live videos and that's essentially how they do it, although they use a hollow electric, rather than an eletro-acoustic, but I don't have that option :) )
    Yep, the Reading version shows them doing it that way.  I wonder if we'll get the bowling club audience singing along like that!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    If we do we can all just fall down on the stage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    I feel the need...

We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...