GSP1101 Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Jazz chorus is a well known jazz/lap steel/clean quality amp...

Hiwatt doesn't surprise me.  Either does tripple rec tbh.

just shows though as i always said find a shop with huge s/h amp selection and go try lots of things isn't a bad idea as most people would choose something unexpected 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This thing just sounds monster  =)

Just saying.

Such a cool bit of kit. Every home should have one. I just sold my HD500X for more than it cost me to buy the GSP and controller. Mental. It is soooo much better.

Happy. =)

totally agree... Keep telling people but they look as if i am mad.

tbh if c63 had been out earlier I'll bet a lot of big names may have stayed GSP and or come to GSP and it would be much more well known....

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    mr-mac said:
    Jazz chorus is a well known jazz/lap steel/clean quality amp...

Hiwatt doesn't surprise me.  Either does tripple rec tbh.

just shows though as i always said find a shop with huge s/h amp selection and go try lots of things isn't a bad idea as most people would choose something unexpected 

It's nice to be able to just nonchalantly (virtually) use a Triple Rec instead of a Big Muff fuzz, sort of a bit like using a fountain to water the plants. 

The flip side is that it gets me gassing for new stuff - with the Zoom G3 it was the Vibroverb as that model sounded brilliant, now it's the Hiwatt... Thankfully they are both rather spendy so there's not much chance of me being able to buy either!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Aye but then you already have a hiwatt sound you love in the gsp so its all good.  Digitech brown sound and twin reverb models are rather spledid too.
    edited July 2018
    Could be a good amp for a modeller, WEM valve PA for £25 though untested as now power cable.  Could be worth a risk though

https://www.gumtree.com/p/stereo-microphones/wem-pa40-valve-pa-system/1308259345

edit....... scratch that its no valve :(
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Just bagged one, it’ll be a couple of weeks before I can pick it up, but looking forward to trying it 
    edited July 2018
    Someone using the gsp with a palmer 402 power amp and cab... Maybe worth a look if considering this power amp

• gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    John_A said:
    Just bagged one, it’ll be a couple of weeks before I can pick it up, but looking forward to trying it 
    Cool! Get a bargain?

I'm still really liking it. It's just really easy to get good tones. Hardly any tweaking required.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    John_A said:
    Cool! Get a bargain?

I'm still really liking it. It's just really easy to get good tones. Hardly any tweaking required.
    Yes, I think so £220 inc foot controller,flight case and a radio system:).   Will be middle of the month before I pick it up but will be sure to report back when I do
    That's not just a good deal... That's silly money... Nice work
    edited August 2018
    Can confirm from practise room setting up as fx return / brit valve stack works wonderfully for JCM2000 60 watt valve head with cab.  very nice sound indeed.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    edited August 2018

I've just snagged a mint GSP1101 & Control 2 from Andertons for £177 delivered.  It's the third or fourth GSP I've had over the years, but this one will be a keeper at that price.

Never had a Control 2 before, but always fancied one, so looking forward to receiving the two and hooking them up...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Control 2 is simply superb for live use.  Nice price.  
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    edited August 2018
    The Control Two is built like a tank, enjoy
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    John_A said:
    Not got it yet, then?
    John_A said:
    Not got it yet, then?
    Afraid not.  It's in Manchester, I'm in Leicester.  Waiting til I'm next up there with work, hopefully later this week
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited August 2018
    I've used mine this weekend to finish the guitar parts on the Fretboard cover challenge. When it's up on their sound cloud I'll post the link here.

What I have found is strange though, is I've been trying to use a Keeley 30ms double tracker in the loop, in stereo, and it doesn't seem to let me. The effect is audibly on but the stereo effect is not "one dry one wet", but rather mixed on both loop returns. If instead I take a mono line out into the 30ms, then take stereo out to the mixer, that works perfectly, any ideas on why the stereo loop may not he stereo-ing?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited August 2018
    We'll, i can confirm with recent gigging... The Lab Series L7 is utterly brilliant to plug a modeller into.

tried a few options (plugged straight into lab series power amp input) and settled on best setup in GSP being Power Amp/Cab with power amp set as a valve power amp (the Lab series didn't need the slight taming of HF that solid state option seemed to bring and valve sounded better than flat).

Sound quality was crazy good and master volume control on amp is still in circuit so very useful indeed.

Honestly couldn't be happier as a great amp to plug a modeller into.

They are cheap too so if ya see one for sale then i can highly.recommend the Lab Series L5 (2x12) L7(4x10), or L9 (1x15) and they are defo worth a look at.

So defo decided I am eyes open for a very rough cheap L5.  I am gonna replace baffle for 1x12 operation and fit a modern, light weight neodium magnet driver.  Then I am gonna fit my spare GSP1101 into case and 4 cable it in a semi permanent way.  this will be my travel light/open mic setup... Grab lightish amp and control2 - basically what people are using Katana for
    Also managed to plug my cheap stereo bespeco volume pedal off the exp pedal plug on control 2.  (use either of the output sockets on bespeco).

This is great as it has a minimum volume control pot on side so I can have it controlling volume of gsp full range (zero to max) or I can turn pot and control the min point so at moment it gives me a lovely rhythm/solo control (toe down solo, heel down rhythm) which i can tweak quickly with the pot if I am plugged into diff amp of whatever or equipment that maybe has diff headroom to mine.
    edited September 2018
    Here is the pedal showing the pot on side that gives an easy tweakable ability to have volume pedal run full range or as a rhythm/lead with just a twist of pot.  Just plugged exp2 on control 2 to one of outputs on volume pedal then set exp2 as preset volume 0-99 in gsp for each preset.