Fretboard Jams - Announcements!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I have a drummer friend who’s easily pro level. He gigs a lot - so we’d need to book him well in advance - and we would have to pay him. He lives about 20 miles from Huddersfield. @Bridgehouse/@Legionreturns - let me know if you’d like me to sound him out about it.
    Thanks Richard - will discuss with @Legionreturns ;

If he could get to Leicester he'd be good for Quad possibly too if my option can't make it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a drummer friend who’s easily pro level. He gigs a lot - so we’d need to book him well in advance - and we would have to pay him. He lives about 20 miles from Huddersfield. @Bridgehouse/@Legionreturns - let me know if you’d like me to sound him out about it.
    Given that we've had 2 drummers brought in already for Hudds jams I'd prefer to give one of them first dibs if that's ok mate? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • You mentioned West/Midlands/M5  ...  I shall soon be in Hereford, recovering from moving into a tiny place leaving the rest of my stuff in storage, and then trying to sort out a new house to occupy. However if you need help with getting something together in that area I will be up for putting some work in once I'm settled.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    I have a drummer friend who’s easily pro level. He gigs a lot - so we’d need to book him well in advance - and we would have to pay him. He lives about 20 miles from Huddersfield. @Bridgehouse/@Legionreturns - let me know if you’d like me to sound him out about it.
    Given that we've had 2 drummers brought in already for Hudds jams I'd prefer to give one of them first dibs if that's ok mate? 
    Absolutely - just offering him as a back up option.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You mentioned West/Midlands/M5  ...  I shall soon be in Hereford, recovering from moving into a tiny place leaving the rest of my stuff in storage, and then trying to sort out a new house to occupy. However if you need help with getting something together in that area I will be up for putting some work in once I'm settled.
    Have a PM chat with @Brocco - he's on the case at the mo! And any help greatly appreciated Phil!
  • @richardhomer yes absolutely. Thanks.

Given that @differs did it for free in January, I'd think it would be decent if us to give him the option if we've got budget included. What do you think @Bridgehouse

I appreciate that he's my mate so I have a conflict of interest so it probably shouldn't be me making the decision. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @richardhomer yes absolutely. Thanks.

Given that @differs did it for free in January, I'd think it would be decent if us to give him the option if we've got budget included. What do you think @Bridgehouse

I appreciate that he's my mate so I have a conflict of interest so it probably shouldn't be me making the decision. 
    If he wants to do it then he should be paid. I'm more than happy with that. We could see if Matt wants to do the one later in the year.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    m_c said:
    On a serious note, I'd really like to make one of these, but I'll probably hold of saying yes until nearer the events given my last attempt at attending.
    There will be spaces for additional attendees to come along and Jam, bring gear, etc. etc. the only numbers restriction will be on the main Jam session..
    That would probably suit me better. I'll keep an eye on the various threads.
    Sasquatch Jam in Feb thread now also up in Events - get in quick!!!!
    m_c said:
    m_c said:
    On a serious note, I'd really like to make one of these, but I'll probably hold of saying yes until nearer the events given my last attempt at attending.
    There will be spaces for additional attendees to come along and Jam, bring gear, etc. etc. the only numbers restriction will be on the main Jam session..
    That would probably suit me better. I'll keep an eye on the various threads.
    No problems - you can sign up any time you like - the threads are active for the next two now.
    Ok - we are getting slots filled on the next two jams already - so if you are in two minds, don't be.. if you are unsure, don't be... if you are worried you'll look silly - don't be - I'll be there doing that! :)

Just to reiterate - if you haven't played out and about before then this is simply the easiest way to get into it and to do so in a non pressure way.

If you think one day you'd like to be in a band, then this is the way to get proper practice with real people before that nervy audition!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    As an aside - the Jams are a good place to come along and bring some kit that you want to hear at VOLUME - you don't have to sign up to the official setlist jam - you can just come and make a massive noise in a room for a bit ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    edited August 2018
    I’m in for the Water Rats again plus anything south of Leicester 
    peteri said:
    I’m in for the Water Rats again plus anything south of Leicester 
    Working on that one mate!
    Huddersfield is half full already (!) and Leicester not far off - so do put your name down. Once dates are confirmed I’ll be asking for definite - but at the moment treat it as a show of interest and dates depending.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    ... you can just come and make a massive noise in a room for a bit ;)
    Did you hear that? Sorry the triple breakfast wasn't sitting well...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ... you can just come and make a massive noise in a room for a bit ;)
    Did you hear that? Sorry the triple breakfast wasn't sitting well...
    I knew it was you!!!
    Leicester is now more than half full so get moving if you want one of the (limited) spaces!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Really we need one in the west mids? It's central to everywhere, I'd go to that one .. 
  • Aha I see this thread now, shall digest later :)