Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Crikey! Another female member!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Route66Route66 Frets: 12
    Its great to finally be able to be a part of this -instead of looking over @Alnico 's shoulder and reading it. Was great meeting you all at the Jam. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Route66 said:
    Its great to finally be able to be a part of this -instead of looking over @Alnico 's shoulder and reading it. Was great meeting you all at the Jam. :)
    or right nice meetin u! 
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hey @LuttiS Thanks appreciate it! was great meeting you both too! hope we get to see you at the next jam or at Sasquatch. had a fab time listening to all! liking the song suggestions too for the next. Reckon @bloodandtears will definitely want a few thrashier ones to get his teeth into. lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 227
    Hey @Route66  great to have you here and particularly good to have another girl on board! Makes me feel a bit less alone! 
    Well done you for going to the jam, and glad you had such a great time. Take care x 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    I know I'm going to have to start getting dressed before coming on here and brushing my teeth and stuff.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    I know I'm going to have to start getting dressed before coming on here and brushing my teeth and stuff.

Ha ha lol keep scruffy! We dont mind rock n roll as they say! 

Blackjack said:
    Hey @Route66  great to have you here and particularly good to have another girl on board! Makes me feel a bit less alone! 
    Well done you for going to the jam, and glad you had such a great time. Take care x 
    Hope to see you at one jam nearer you. It appears I am learning rhythm for the Quad one on Wishing well.
  • Ive been told its a good idea to introduce myself here! Im Ross, from Glasgow in Scotland. I make some sometimes electronic sometimes noise music in a band called "Shoscombe, Old Place" (https://soundcloud.com/shoscombeoldplace)

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

an old blog I had when i was like 16!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Glasgow, Scotland

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Make some lovely ambient music

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Best in terms of rarest, maybe my spaceman sputnik.  Best in terms of favourite...maybe ableton

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Arthur Russell - Wild Combination
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    @Route66 my 13 year old daughter is coming to quad, will be great for her to see some women players rather than the myriad of middle aged chaps.  I hope she will take inspiration from you.
    munckee said:
    @Route66 my 13 year old daughter is coming to quad, will be great for her to see some women players rather than the myriad of middle aged chaps.  I hope she will take inspiration from you.
    Awe thats fabulous! Im sure it will inspire her as did me. Look forward to meeting her and you. See you there!
  • Hello Everyone,
    I am a total guitar novice and just joined today. I am originally from Australia but have been more than settled in London for the last 14 years. 

I always wanted to play the guitar but studied violin as a kid (grade 5 only); so my ear picks up how badly I play! 

With my 4 year old, I have renewed my interest in music and here I am, needing much help! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? An old boss with a good sense of humour. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are YOU? London, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Hobby-ist level and enjoyment. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the ONE? a second hand Taylor 710 l9 short scale dreadnought 2004 LTD; a gem. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one

Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer (simple but soulful)

Fatboylim said:
    Hello Everyone,
    I am a total guitar novice and just joined today. I am originally from Australia but have been more than settled in London for the last 14 years. 

I always wanted to play the guitar but studied violin as a kid (grade 5 only); so my ear picks up how badly I play! 

With my 4 year old, I have renewed my interest in music and here I am, needing much help! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? An old boss with a good sense of humour. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are YOU? London, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Hobby-ist level and enjoyment. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the ONE? a second hand Taylor 710 l9 short scale dreadnought 2004 LTD; a gem. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one

Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer (simple but soulful)

G'day  : )

You'll be able to get help here, just stick with it.  Don't know what your level is but if its total novice get yourself until you can play three open chords and stick them together and you will be hooked for life!
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My 2 year old called me skinnyhead one day. The name stuck 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Kettering, UK

To play live, I've been a bedroom guitarist too long. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Either my Fender Standard Strat or my Schecter Blackjack. Can't decide......

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

In Bloom- Nirvana 

I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27340
    edited August 2018

To play live, I've been a bedroom guitarist too long. 

Have a look at the Leicester jam thread @Skinnyhead45  ;

And welcome!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BewartBewart Frets: 1
    I'm    Bill Ewart from Scotland. Been playing guitar on and off for nearly 40 years! I play mostly just for fun but have done a lot of home recording and have recently been messing around with  restoring old guitars.

Q1. It's just my initial and surname. Imagination!

Q2. South east  Scotland.

Q3.  Just too keep playing and having fun.  And to maybe one day record  a masterpiece!

Q4. Hmm. Bit of a toss up between my Takamine TC132SC and my  Fender Telecaster. I think the Takamine .....

Q5. Side 1 of Ommadawn by Mike Oldfield.   
  • 1. Hi everybody, guitartwin user name comes from the fact I love guitar, and you can probably guess the other bit.  Started playing quite late in my mid forties and have just retired a little early so I reckon I’ve been playing about sixteen years.  I never had the “sleep with it” time that kids have learning guitar so now is the time for me to really spend some time getting better.  I was talking to The Fretboard guy at the guitar show in Birmingham this year and he talked about the on line learning possibilities from The Fretboard, so now I have the time and here I am.
    2. I live near Mansfield and am left handed, as was the guy at the guitar show but his name eludes me.
    3. I jam weekly with mates I met at an Aynsley Lister guitar weekend, but now I have the time I would like to get into a band and have signed up for the Abbey Army event this autumn.
    4.  Hard to pick a best bit of gear as I have some nice stuff, but if I had to choose it would be my semi-solid custom build from Matt Artinger.  I have another solid one from him, a custom single cut from Chris George, a custom Santana inspired double cut from Guy Harrison, a 1993 Eggle Vienna Pro, only twelve or so lefties of those were ever made apparently, and I also have a Music Man Silhouette Special.   For amps I have just bought a Dr Z Maz18 and am selling my THD Univalve and Victory Sheriff to repay into the household coffers.   I have a nice pedal board with mostly J Rockett and Carl Martin stuff on it, and for the house I have a Line 6 Helix.
    5.  Thin Lizzy were the band of my youth so the live version of Still in Love With You and Emerald would be my favourites from them, but at the moment I am really into Warren Haynes and his live version of Cortez The Killer with Dave Matthews would be my current favourite.
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27340
    Welcome @guitartwin and thanks for taking the time to make the intro post.

Being in Mansfield probably puts you handily midway between our jam sessions in Leicester and Huddersfield.  Those are fairly epic events and you'd be very welcome at either if you can make the dates.  Check the events section for details.

And also welcome @bewart - you're slightly further away from our gig events, but we keep talking about organising one up in Scotland (and yes, I realise that Scotland is a pretty big geographic area!) sometime ... You'll find a lot of interest in your restorations in the Making & Modding section - please take a look and maybe post some pics of your work.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Cheers gringo, and thanks Tony, I’ll look the events up.  I am of modest ability but am looking for opportunities to play with other players and neither Leicester or Huddersfield are out of reach when you don’t have to get up in the morning for work, woo hoo.