Phillip McKnight - no bull description of budget guitars

What's Hot
Seen a few of this guy's videos. I like his style. I'm guessing that TFB who have not come across him will enjoy also:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    Note the ending where he warns that the big names are picking up on the fact that guitarists are no longer paying attention so slipping a few shortcuts in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Phil knows his stuff alright.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    This was a really informative video. *googles Wilkinson pickups to check them out for the Vintage V72 guitar he's due to buy in 2 weeks*
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2620
    I like him a lot - I've got his weekly live chat set up in my podcast feed, though it sometimes feels like it's me and thousands of fifteen-year-old boys. But, yes, he manages to combine no-nonsense opinions with being basically nice. 

re Wilkinson - wouldn't a Vintage have them anyway? I thought it was one of Trevor W's marques. Am probably wrong about that, though. All TW's stuff that I've come across is great - huge fan of his Strat bridges in particular. I'm sure he's not the only person who's asked about guitar hardware "how does this stuff work really, and how can we make it work better", but I don't know of many others who've done it so successfully at budget prices. 
  • I too enjoy his no-nonsense approach, although I'm not a regular viewer of his for some reason.

This popped up in my recommended this morning & I couldn't believe they can get away with sending out a guitar in that sort of condition.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like him a lot - I've got his weekly live chat set up in my podcast feed, though it sometimes feels like it's me and thousands of fifteen-year-old boys. But, yes, he manages to combine no-nonsense opinions with being basically nice. 

re Wilkinson - wouldn't a Vintage have them anyway? I thought it was one of Trevor W's marques. Am probably wrong about that, though. All TW's stuff that I've come across is great - huge fan of his Strat bridges in particular. I'm sure he's not the only person who's asked about guitar hardware "how does this stuff work really, and how can we make it work better", but I don't know of many others who've done it so successfully at budget prices. 
    Yep. Vintage stuff comes with Wilkinson pups. I've got a few, they sound great 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I like him a lot - I've got his weekly live chat set up in my podcast feed, though it sometimes feels like it's me and thousands of fifteen-year-old boys. But, yes, he manages to combine no-nonsense opinions with being basically nice. 

Note to self, buy Vintage guitar...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    I like him a lot - I've got his weekly live chat set up in my podcast feed, though it sometimes feels like it's me and thousands of fifteen-year-old boys. But, yes, he manages to combine no-nonsense opinions with being basically nice. 

Note to self, buy Vintage guitar...
    Sorry, didn't see the quote reply until now...

Just for clarity, I wasn't intending to establish whether the guitar came with Wilkinson pups - more to see how they were wound/created in line with Phil's comments in the video.

But the Vintage (V72) I bought is indeed a stunner, with cracking build quality, hardware and decent sound. I may change the pickups down the line but can't fault the guitar. And yes, @darthed1981 - you should buy a Vintage. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs