Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• If you wanna bass Dancing in the moonlight @TTony go right ahead. I hadn't clocked that you'd put your name down previously. I've put a bit of time into it but I'm happy that I've learned a great new song :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27341
    edited September 2018
    No worries Chris @legionreturns - you've done the time, so you do the tune.  I've not even picked a bass up since ages.

And, more importantly, the jeans don't fit anymore
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    No worries Chris @legionreturns - you've done the time, so you do the tune.  I've not even picked a bass up since ages.

Why not do it twice?

With only 15 songs on the list, bound to be a bit of time?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Ed, takes your socks off when you're doing big counting - there are 20 songs on the list (but I'm sure twice is still a possibility).
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    edited September 2018
    Snags said:
    Ed, takes your socks off when you're doing big counting - there are 20 songs on the list (but I'm sure twice is still a possibility).
    That will learn me to try counting after drinking for sure, in my defense I was watching youtube and was distracted by someone of rare beauty and charm.

But anyhow... yes hopefully we can do a few twice as I would really love to make a recording in some form of one song for personal reasons as you know :)
  • Snags said:
    That will learn me to try counting after drinking for sure, in my defense I was watching youtube and was distracted by someone of rare beauty and charm.

But anyhow...
    Count using your Kleenex when you run out of fingers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:

But anyhow...
    Oh I don't see her like that, it's more spiritual ;)
  • Snags said:

But anyhow...
    Oh I don't see her like that, it's more spiritual ;)
    You are Sting and ICM £5
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Well if you want another bass track...my fingers don't move nearly fast enough for Mark King impressions yet! :( 

• TTony said:

Well if you want another bass track...my fingers don't move nearly fast enough for Mark King impressions yet! :( 
    Are they up to the levels of Don King impressions yet?
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    mrkb said:

People who have paid but not signed up to anything - please let me know what you fancy playing on:-

@Roland

I wasn’t expecting to play. I’m primarily there to meet people, and help with set ups and rehearsals.

If you are short of players then Brown Sugar, Get Back, Teenage Kicks, and Wishing Well are in my current set list. I can also drop into Hey Joe, Rocking in the Free World, Waterloo Sunset, and While My Guitar without preparation, and a few more with a bit of thought.

I’m currently 75% of the way through writing out lyrics, chords and arrangements for the Quad song list. Won’t get any time over the weekend, but expect to finish early next week.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • @Roland - have a play on the day! At least one song - it's part of the experience :)

I love seeing a diverse range of people turn up, play together, get a kick out of it, and chat enthusiastically afterwards. 

Course, it will be great to see you there and chat - but if you're there, well, hell, why not eh?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27341
    TTony said:

LOLz - and that was *your* suggestion IIRC !!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    @Roland - have a play on the day! 
    Happy to do that. I’ll play at any opportunity. However I already get rehearse/perform weekly. So I’ll fill gaps rather than take a place that someone else would benefit from the event.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    @Roland - have a play on the day! 
    Happy to do that. I’ll play at any opportunity. However I already get rehearse/perform weekly. So I’ll fill gaps rather than take a place that someone else would benefit from the event.
    There's always at least one song where we holler into the setup room asking for someone who wants to have a twang on x cos there's a gap :)
  • TTony said:
    TTony said:

LOLz - and that was *your* suggestion IIRC !!
    It was, and I'll get there once my finger starts getting back to normal ... it's just taking it's sweet time. 

• mrkb said:

Anyone else fancy trying something else? Bass slots and signing and guitar available!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=760388105

I've had a look at Wishing Well and I can do bass on that.  Also, for guitar I mentioned Brown Sugar and Waterloo Sunset (the "lead" part) which haven't been added to the spreadsheet.
  • Update: Thin Lizzy - nailed it! What a bass line! 

• I was originally down (or is that up?) for

Wanted Dead or alive - Bon Jovi - Rhythm, but will have a go at the intro.
    Hey Joe - Jimi H - Rhythm, but would try a lead solo of some kind

No Green Day on the list so will add Rhythm on Rockin' ITFW

But, in truth, would like to play on a few others. 

Will give guitar on Holiday road a shot also
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    To keep @TTony company, there's an outside shot that I might consider rhythm for JJ Cale's Crazy Mama.