First post and new track - Geneva Spur

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum so please be kind ;-)

I'm a keyboard player who dabbles a bit with guitar (they're a lot more fun than synths sometimes...).  I usually compose electronica/techno instrumentals and I'm slowly working towards my bucket list album ... anyway, I was tired of the same old stuff and decided to get around to finally 'properly' recording some of my guitar pieces that have been sitting idle in my laptop for years... I'd never recorded guitars before so this bedroom recording is definitely trial and error ...  I'm sure that many of you will hear the glitches... apart from that, I'm not exactly a very good guitarist .... oh well.

Anyway, as this is a guitar forum, I thought I'd post here and see how it goes... for you equipment gurus, I used  my Fender Tele, Rickenbacker 330, Gretsch 6120 and Seagull acoustic ...all lovely toys that I slowly acquired over the years ... a guilty pleasure.

There are some synths in there as well but the main instrument is guitar.... I hope you enjoy listening to it.
cheers and thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Hi...Firstly...well done for get something done and out there...that can be a mission.

Anyhow....its a  nice piece, I felt it was a little predictable, also lacks a bit of depth, feels very Middly to me.....those acoustic styles need some Lows to give them warmth and body, Im afraid I dont tend to get much further than about 2 -3 mins on instrumentals,... 

Depends what you are looking for as far as reviews....song quality?...Production?....it helps to post some of your recording gear as well.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Hi @Un-Sound, I liked it 
    “Ken sent me.”