Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Headrush Gigboard

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
I just discovered and wrote about this new Headrush Gigboard on our site, does anyone else have any details on it yet?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not heard of it, but a quick search shows this up:

Looks like an attempt to compete with the HX Effects, except it has all the amp models as well. Not convinced of the value of it in a gigging rig, personally, but I'm sure it'll work for some.
    <space for hire>
  • That is the same video I put in the article. Would be interesting to see if the projected $699 price tag is legit?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Yeah, I do wonder. It seems like an odd product to me - they've obviously kept the amp modelling in there, but there are less footswitches than the HX Effects...which makes me wonder if it'll be that useful in a gig context. There certainly doesn't look like any way to change banks without using the touchscreen, which would be incredibly limiting.

They'd probably have been better off shrinking the screen and adding another row of switches. As it is...to compare it to the Line 6 range, it's sort of between the HX Effects and the LT (both in intent and price), but without the ergonomics of either.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Looks line exactly what I was hoping for when the HX was announced, a small format helix
  • And, as if by magic...

<space for hire>
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    John_A said:
    Looks line exactly what I was hoping for when the HX was announced, a small format helix
    Yep, I reckon we might see what down the line, and I'd be interested.
  • For a recording interface I would potentially prefer the headrush if the amp sounds are there. 
    Im just a bit concerned about the longevity of the company. 

Still if its cheap I might chop in the helix and reclaim some desk space. Depending on updates and jazz. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Cool - I like the look of this...no idea of price yet? I'm really happy with my GSP1101 atm but at the right price...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Gear for music have it up as prenordrc at £599 
    Too expensive. I have concerns about the product life as well. I'd like a mini Helix please.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Too expensive. I have concerns about the product life as well. I'd like a mini Helix please.
    Would love a mini Helix!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I quite like the small format but there’s very little actual hardware for a hardware unit. Mostly is a touch screen with 4 foot switches and two knobs. Not much more than my iPad! 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    dindude said:
    Gear for music have it up as prenordrc at £599 
    Yep, got an email today as well.  
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    I saw this at the weekend. Felt sturdy. Added some stuff that the big one doesn’t have. Can’t really comment on the sound. The demo guy was doing something weird. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

dindude said:
    I quite like the small format but there’s very little actual hardware for a hardware unit. Mostly is a touch screen with 4 foot switches and two knobs. Not much more than my iPad! 
    Basically an iPad with a few buttons on it for £600.
  • steersteer Frets: 1159
    Perhaps someone ought to produce an stomp box / interface and software that your ipad* plugs into. Seems to be the way things are going. 

* Other tablet and mobile devices are available. 
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited October 2018
    steer said:
    Perhaps someone ought to produce an stomp box / interface and software that your ipad* plugs into. Seems to be the way things are going. 

Digitech did

But I suppose you're at the mercy of apple changing dimensions, connectors etc and making it instantly obsolete.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    There was also a guitar fx pedal at one point that was a vst host and you could load and control any plugin on it. Didn't take off.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    steer said:

Digitech did

But I suppose you're at the mercy of apple changing dimensions, connectors etc and making it instantly obsolete.
    Funny but when I look at this I instantly see all the downsides and none of the positives. It also somehow reminds me a bit of this...