Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    so is this a modeller or not??

yes
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26450
    edited October 2018
    I know this will be shot down in flames but I my opinion that doesn't look as good as the headrush in terms of use and practicality. 

I also find it interesting that those that were berating the Headrush for a lack of switches are swooning over this which has even less switches. 
    It does have less switches by default, but you can add another two using the FS4/5 jack on the back. Five is just enough for me.

However, this is far too limiting for my needs as it turns out. Only three snapshots per preset, and it turns out that I need a minimum of 8 available blocks. And then the lack of Ext Amp output...I'm out, I'm afraid.

Great as a "get you out of the shit" unit in case of emergency, but not much use as the basis of a full-blown rig IMO.
    <space for hire>
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    edited October 2018
    So Atomic start with a 3 button model, then launch a unit with 12 and a cut down version with 2 and then decide 6 is best.
    Headrush start with 12, then decide to launch a unit with 4.
    Line 6 start with 12, then launch a unit with 3 (and also an FX only version with 8 buttons in the meantime).

So if you need to choose between them, just decide in advance how many buttons you want:
    2 = Atomic Amplifire box
    3 = Line 6 HX Stomp
    4 = Headrush gigboard
    6 = Atomic Amplifire 6
    8 = Line 6 HX FX (athough you will need an amp too)
    12 = the choice is yours!

...and there's an obvious gap in the market for a 10 button new gen modeller.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What's a "snapshot" in this context?

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

I know this will be shot down in flames but I my opinion that doesn't look as good as the headrush in terms of use and practicality. 

I also find it interesting that those that were berating the Headrush for a lack of switches are swooning over this which has even less switches. 
    Agree - I would have liked more switches (4 would have been good, 8 would have been lovely) but the reason I'm swooning is it's a Helix based thingy, so I know it will sound good and fit in a gig bag as a backup.  The Headrush looks good to me, but it's a faff on using two different platforms.

Suppose the reason it's so stripped down is if it had much more then it would practically be a LT in a smaller format which would have affected LT sales.  Looks great, but my ideal would have been something slightly bigger with more footswitches
    so is this a modeller or not??
    It certainly is
  • Am interested as both a Full Fat and LT are too expensive for my usage but would need to know more about what it's capable of.. (and why others find it limiting...  what is an Ext Amp for?)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SporkySporky Frets: 27567
    What's a "snapshot" in this context?
    Basically it's a sort of sub-preset.

So if you had a patch with a wah and an overdrive and a delay, a snapshot could recall a particular gain and level for the overdrive, while also changing the delay settings for an epic widdly solo, but it wouldn't do anything to the wah.

So you can recall any set of parameters for any of the blocks in the patch, and leave all the others unchanged.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Am interested as both a Full Fat and LT are too expensive for my usage but would need to know more about what it's capable of.. (and why others find it limiting...  what is an Ext Amp for?)
    Ext Amp would be for switching channels on a guitar amp.
    <space for hire>
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 236
    preston61 said:
    Cabicular said:
    preston61 said:
    It also has a headphone output, something the HX is missing
    I’m not sure why you would have a headphone socket on an FX unit? Makes sense in a modeller though

Probably just me who needed it when I had the HX (I don't play in to an amp, just a mixing desk, so at home a headphone out would've been helpful)
    A Google image search for HX Stomp shows the headphone socket on the left side panel, beside the MIDI sockets!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    Ext Amp would be for switching channels on a guitar amp.
    OK, I can understand why that would be omitted on a skinny modeller
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Socket on the back labeled FS 4/5  If that does what I think it could I could happily gig with this
  • John_A said:
    Socket on the back labeled FS 4/5  If that does what I think it could I could happily gig with this
    What do you think it does??
    My trading feedback

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    John_A said:
    Hopefully it instantly transforms your playing into something that other people actually want to hear. If that's the case I'm in too.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    What's a "snapshot" in this context?
    Basically it's a sort of sub-preset.

So if you had a patch with a wah and an overdrive and a delay, a snapshot could recall a particular gain and level for the overdrive, while also changing the delay settings for an epic widdly solo, but it wouldn't do anything to the wah.

So you can recall any set of parameters for any of the blocks in the patch, and leave all the others unchanged.
    Cool thanks. 

I sort of do that with my POD HD already. Create a patch and copy it on four pedals ABCD, then tweak each one so there are four variants. 

John_A said:
    Im hoping that all footswitches (1-5 including the 2 external ones) are assignable, so my core patch would be clean, crunch, dirty, lead with FS 4 for delay on/off, that would get me through 90% of a gig and then a few patches for the songs that need something different.  At a push I'd get through a gig on a single patch  
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Did anyone else notice the 3A power requirement? That's going to make it a pain to integrate into a pedalboard.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm playing bass at the mo, and my LT is overkill for it and the guitar player is now using it. I can get by with a zoom b3n, but I'm interested in this now. Whether it's worth the extra expense is another thing. Shame there is no XLR out... Missed a trick there.
  • If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

wonder if it will use IR's too??
    My trading feedback

If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

wonder if it will use IR's too??
    Pretty sure the original link said it supported IR's, but if you are using a Baby bomb into a Cab then surely you wouldn't need them