Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534

For existing Helix owners, as a recording interface can you pass straight through the Helix, i.e. have no blocks assigned and simply plug in, say a line level source, and record it to DAW with no Helix processing?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Stu_tate said:
    sgosden said:

so use the HX stomp without amp sims?

its £469 which is more than the HX Effects its seems like and odd price with a product that sits in an odd place in thier lineup. 

I think if you look at the starting price of the HX Effects, which was around £535 (I think??) I really can't see this staying at £469 for very long. (Though I was clearly way off with my guess at £279)
  • dindude said:

For existing Helix owners, as a recording interface can you pass straight through the Helix, i.e. have no blocks assigned and simply plug in, say a line level source, and record it to DAW with no Helix processing?

Yes.
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    dindude said:

Yes.
    Nice one. Justification for this replacing my USB mixer then and giving me a whole lot more.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    anyone seen anything about ground lift on the output? or is it still going to suffer from phatom power?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    After playing @John_A 's Helix floor recently I was definitely in the market. Being a simpleton this may suit me even more. I can leave a set of monitors at home and have a set at the office and stick this in the gig bag. Interested in trialing one..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    preston61 said:
    Stu_tate said:
    sgosden said:

its £469 which is more than the HX Effects its seems like and odd price with a product that sits in an odd place in thier lineup. 

I think if you look at the starting price of the HX Effects, which was around £535 (I think??) I really can't see this staying at £469 for very long. (Though I was clearly way off with my guess at £279)
    I hope it comes down a bit, at the price I might as well just get a H9. Too many choices haha
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Stu_tate said:
    preston61 said:
    Stu_tate said:
    sgosden said:

I hope it comes down a bit, at the price I might as well just get a H9. Too many choices haha

Two totally different things.  For me a thing the size of this that sounds like a Helix is perfect.  Well actually not perfect for me, would have preferred a few more buttons, but I can see why they have done it like this.
  • I reckon with this and a Wah/Vol it could be a pathway into the HX range for me...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited October 2018

Stu_tate said:
    preston61 said:
    Stu_tate said:
    sgosden said:

Well, gauge what all the new era Line 6 stuff cost when they come out and what they cost now, the HX being a good example, from 500 to 399 new and even 300 used - sorry my pound sign doesn't appear to be working!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    This is pretty much what I do - it would replace a single DI Preamp with a whole box full with effects...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It looks like a great product 
  • Be interesting to see people A/B compare the HX Stomp and the Headrush gigboard objectively...

Well that might be me in a week or two. I'm looking to upgrade my GT-100 for something smaller and easier to program. Like all this stuff, it's not about the best unit, or the most models or the biggest list of effects, but about your personal needs and the best unit for that. 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    I was about to get the HX Effects but seeing this I think I'll wait and get the added amp effects with the stomp. If pricing is what others suggest it isn't too much but more options.  Me likey :-)

• PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 236
    I’ve just realised it’s basically a POD!!!!!
    It's a bit like the Helix Floor which I have, it can be any number of things depending on how you want to go. I completely agree with you, I also thought of it as the POD 2018, except it already has the switches built in. In terms of Line 6 heritage, it is the M5++ or the M9- , its a DL4 or MM4 etc, a mini Helix, the Helix for non modelling guitarists, and last but not least, the perfect DSP expansion box for a Helix/LT/HX FX user.
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • PFAllen2 said:
    I’ve just realised it’s basically a POD!!!!!
    It's a bit like the Helix Floor which I have, it can be any number of things depending on how you want to go. I completely agree with you, I also thought of it as the POD 2018, except it already has the switches built in. In terms of Line 6 heritage, it is the M5++ or the M9- , its a DL4 or MM4 etc, a mini Helix, the Helix for non modelling guitarists, and last but not least, the perfect DSP expansion box for a Helix/LT/HX FX user.
    It a Floor Pod 2018 !!! (sans expression pedal) ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    John_A said:

Two totally different things.  For me a thing the size of this that sounds like a Helix is perfect.  Well actually not perfect for me, would have preferred a few more buttons, but I can see why they have done it like this.
    See not for the way I use it, I'm just looking for an updated M5 I can use for chorus or verb via midi switching :) Thats why i was hoping it would be the HX effects in a smaller unit. 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • I've just watch a few videos.. it seems bank UP/DOWN can be achieved by pressing switch 1 and 2 (or 2 and 3) simultaneously...

The obvious purchased would be the Mission SP1 L6 to bolster controls, which adds £150 approx
    My trading feedback

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    I have 2 Bespeco latch/unlatch pedals, like the Boss ones. Would they work for banking up and down?
  • Kebabkid said:
    I have 2 Bespeco latch/unlatch pedals, like the Boss ones. Would they work for banking up and down?
    I think I've heard that they need to be momentary...
    My trading feedback